Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2012   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Good afternoon Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em

P.S.

My bad for last week..travel schedule was all screwed up
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #2
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Thanks Em

Some of us were kind of worried because you didn't show up last week.
Nice piece as usual, but come on. Suggesting that CJ1.4, Ringer and co. of the Titans even come close to the Texan's RB is preposterous. Just saying.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #3
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Thanks Em

Some of us were kind of worried because you didn't show up last week.
Nice piece as usual, but come on. Suggesting that CJ1.4, Ringer and co. of the Titans even come close to the Texan's RB is preposterous. Just saying.
Thanks Austrian.. I don't look at stats when breaking down personnel..I look at skill set. And I think "Skills-wise" there's talent in both teams' backfield
Old 09-26-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Thanks Austrian.. I don't look at stats when breaking down personnel..I look at skill set. And I think "Skills-wise" there's talent in both teams' backfield

Seriously? What the hell man? Are you a professional troll now?

The Texans are 5th in the league in rushing per game as a team with 451 yards, the Titans are 32nd with 117.
The Texans have rushed the ball 117 times this year (1st), the Titans only 45 times (32nd).
The Texans are averaging 3.9 yards per attempt (16th), the Titans are in dead last with 2.6.
The Texans have 5 rushing TDs this year (3rd), the Titans have ZERO (32nd).

You can't get much more disparate than that. Skill or not, their O-line or their runningbacks do not deserve to be considered a wash against the Texans counterparts. Maybe you need to study up on what those advantage checkbox forms are for.
Old 09-26-2012   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

did u skip the texans denver game BTW i love your videos

and i agree the titans got a pretty good oline
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #6
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
EM, you're using "skill set" like some folks use "upside" or "potential"; neither means a damn thing unless and until they don't translate into MEASURABLE RESULTS.
Old 09-26-2012   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012   #8
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #9
TackHammer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Damn Diggy!!! He pulled the WATT gif on ya!!! You know it's serious !
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #10
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
did u skip the texans denver game BTW i love your videos

and i agree the titans got a pretty good oline
Thanks Norg! I had a few speaking engagements that threw off my travel schedule...I missed 4 game previews last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Seriously? What the hell man? Are you a professional troll now?

The Texans are 5th in the league in rushing per game as a team with 451 yards, the Titans are 32nd with 117.
The Texans have rushed the ball 117 times this year (1st), the Titans only 45 times (32nd).
The Texans are averaging 3.9 yards per attempt (16th), the Titans are in dead last with 2.6.
The Texans have 5 rushing TDs this year (3rd), the Titans have ZERO (32nd).

You can't get much more disparate than that. Skill or not, their O-line or their runningbacks do not deserve to be considered a wash against the Texans counterparts. Maybe you need to study up on what those advantage checkbox forms are for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
EM, you're using "skill set" like some folks use "upside" or "potential"; neither means a damn thing unless and until they don't translate into MEASURABLE RESULTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Texans have the best backfield since Hershel Walker & Tony Dorsett. How's that?

Clearrrrrrrrrrrrly I stated numerous times that I don't use stats when looking at personnel..Its more of a skill-set type of thing and showing where the liabilities are. And as a former RB, I know that numbers don't tell the whole story.
Old 09-26-2012   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Clearrrrrrrrrrrrly I stated numerous times that I don't use stats when looking at personnel..Its more of a skill-set type of thing and showing where the liabilities are. And as a former RB, I know that numbers don't tell the whole story.
Fine, putting aside the dodge of "I don't use stats," CJ has not demonstrated his skill set in the last 19 games (other than I think 1 game last season). Skill set from three seasons ago which hasn't been demonstrated since isn't a current skill set.
Old 09-26-2012   #12
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year as well as now these seem to provide more comic relief than football insight
2012Champs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to get the subtle odor of troll.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

You should probably look at stats occasionally when putting these together.
Old 09-26-2012   #15
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Why look at stats when you can look at Madden ratings to get an in-depth analysis of player "skill sets?"

Actually it makes sense now, CJ500 is the fastest RB on Madden so that's all that matters. Foster's speed rating on Madden isn't as good therefore CJ>AF in the all important speed skill set.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

You're saying the skill-sets of our running backs are equal so the difference must be in the offensive lines, yet you have those even as well.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #17
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank for video as always Em. I thought you had some kind of a health issue last week. Anyway, nice to see you again.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

After seeig the third video I realize this is nothing more than comedic relief. I respect everyone's hustle though usually no matter what it is they're doing so more power to him.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Norg! I had a few speaking engagements that threw off my travel schedule...I missed 4 game previews last week

Texans have the best backfield since Hershel Walker & Tony Dorsett. How's that?

Skill set????

Lemme guess...Michael Vick > Matt schaub in your world.

Kind of hard to take that analysis serious. Skill set would have Jamarcus Russell on par with Steve McNair.

I confused as to how you think that's good analysis. Maybe chris Johnson remembers who he used to be or half if who he used to be, but chris Johnson and Jevon ringer are equal to Arian foster and Ben Tate?

Even Titan fans would disagree with that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #20
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thank for video as always Em. I thought you had some kind of a health issue last week. Anyway, nice to see you again.

Go Texans!!!
He obviously bumped his head, hard.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read