Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2012   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL and NFLRA Reach Agreement

@AdamSchefter: As @mortreport is reporting, an agreement between NFL and NFLRA is at hand
Old 09-26-2012   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL and NFLRA Reach Agreement

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #3
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-26-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I need a confirmation. Great news if true.

Old 09-26-2012   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I need a confirmation. Great news if true.

https://twitter.com/mortreport
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk
Old 09-26-2012   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I mean a real confirmation, but thanks!!
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mean a real confirmation, but thanks!!
Chris Morteson hasn't posted anything on twitter, but he wrote this article for ESPN earlier. No done deal yet, but it looks close.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...y-week-sources

Quote:
The NFL and the NFL Referees Association made enough progress in negotiations Tuesday night that the possibility of the locked-out officials returning in time to work this week's games has been discussed, according to sources on both sides.

An agreement in principle is at hand, according to one source familiar to talks, although NFL owners have postured with a "no more compromise" stance.

Although league sources said it would take a week to get the locked-out officials on the field, the NFLRA says its 121 referees have been trained on the new rules implemented last season, have already passed physicals or are prepared to pass physicals immediately. New official game uniforms designed by Nike are "hardly an obstacle," according to a source.

Both sides have made concessions on previous sticking points such as a taxi squad of 21 new officials and pension plans that sources say the final meaningful hurdle is, as one source said, "about a little more money."

While league sources say owners who participated in a conference call with commissioner Roger Goodell during Tuesday's talks had instructed the negotiating team to set a firm barrier for the financial settlement, the NFLRA is prepared to accept a new agreement primarily in the form of a "ratification bonus," which would compensate its 121-member union for concessions it is willing to make.

The NFLRA and the league have all but agreed on developing a 21-member "taxi squad" that Goodell has pushed, but not at the financial cost of the union members.

Thanks to Premier
Old 09-26-2012   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Chris Morteson hasn't posted anything on twitter, but he wrote this article for ESPN earlier. No done deal yet, but it looks close.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...y-week-sources
Appreciate it, Sam. (I didn't even bother to look seeing it was twitter )

I'm on ESPN now and they are poised to break, but are still showing what your link says.
Old 09-26-2012   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82030 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet we'll be stuck with that ****head Mike Carey this weekend.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I bet we'll be stuck with that ****head Mike Carey this weekend.
Better this weekend than against a team that poses an actual challenge.

Thanks to Premier
Old 09-26-2012   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank goodness. I always felt bad complaining too much about the replacements because they were put into a tough situation Now we can finally get back to bitching about the real refs and about how horrible they are without feeling sorry for them
Old 09-26-2012   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Thank goodness. I always felt bad complaining too much about the replacements because they were put into a tough situation Now we can finally get back to bitching about the real refs and about how horrible they are without feeling sorry for them

rep if I could.
Old 09-26-2012   #16
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

rep if I could.
I got him. Zing.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
msr
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #18
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Real Nfl Refs!!!!

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that an agreement between the NFL and NFLRA is at hand.

With a deal in principle reached Wednesday morning, the regular officials could be back as soon as this week. All it took was one of the worst calls in league history in front of a national audience on Monday Night Football. The issue will hopefully be put to bed now.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Sep 26 - 12:20 PM
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #19
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Real Nfl Refs!!!!

Already a thread on this...
Old 09-26-2012   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Green Bay station pokes fun at the NFL with replacement weatherman.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,7426120.story

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read