Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-30-2005   #1
God of Wine

Talking Bud Adams Quote

Quote:
"We're a small market city, we sold every game, and they're great football fans over there, but we've reached the peak of how much more funds we can bring in," Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams said.

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, on the other hand, says teams with new stadiums, including the New England Patriots and Houston Texans, have made significant investments to generate more revenue.
Article
Old 05-30-2005   #2
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Wow, it seems that Bud is a great business man.
Old 05-30-2005   #3
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hey Bud!

"We're a small market city, we sold every game, and they're great football fans over there, but we've reached the peak of how much more funds we can bring in," Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams said.

L.A is a large market, lots of revenue possibilities. But that thought would never cross your mind....would it?

cac:
Old 05-30-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not quite sure what exactly he's implying. Bud I mean. He must be 100 years old; how much money could he possibly need at this stage of his life?

So what? Nashville should pay Bud more? Build him a new stadium? Greed corrupts.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005   #5
gcolby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Adams
Ah ha! A slip of the tongue by Bud? Anyways, you can see that even though he has been in TN for what, 8 years now, he still thinks of them as 'over there', not here.

Once a carpet-bag owner, always a carpet-bag owner.
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Bud, make 'em rip out the display board and put in more seats... wait, actually - add more luxury suites as well..... wait... even better.... ask for a new stadium then you'll REALLY be competitive with other teams.

Have we mentioned how happy we are to have Bob McNair head up the TEXANS recently?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005   #7
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Bud, make 'em rip out the display board and put in more seats... wait, actually - add more luxury suites as well..... wait... even better.... ask for a new stadium then you'll REALLY be competitive with other teams.
It didn't take him very long to become the Ogre of Nashville. Maybe he can just hop on the bus going to LA, although it seems to be getting crowded.
Good Luck with your greedine$$ Bud. The whine is so unattractive.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2005   #8
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Some dogs just never change their ways. Thank goodness we don't have him to disrupt this city.
Old 06-02-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat
Some dogs just never change their ways. Thank goodness we don't have him to disrupt this city.

I know what you mean but Bud still lives in Houston. He just travels to Nashville for their games.
Old 06-02-2005   #10
gcolby
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I know what you mean but Bud still lives in Houston. He just travels to Nashville for their games.
I dunno about you, but if I buy a professional sports team, I move to that city the very next day.
Old 06-02-2005   #11
gcolby
Veteran

What other NFL owners are 'other city' owners? I can only think of Lamar Hunt (owns KC, lives in Dallas) and Bud Adams.
Old 06-02-2005   #12
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24254 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Wilf (new vikes head honcho) is from New York or Jersey.
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcolby
I dunno about you, but if I buy a professional sports team, I move to that city the very next day.

IF I had the money to buy a NFL team I'm not so sure I'd live in that city. I guess it would depend on how heavily involved you want to be.

If I had built my dream home in Hawaii and bought the Cardinals I wouldn't move to Phoenix....

I've always heard that Bud had business(es) here and stayed here for that and never intended to move wherever the Oilers ended up.
Old 06-02-2005   #14
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
....I''ve always heard that Bud had business(es) here and stayed here for that and never intended to move wherever the Oilers ended up.
Yes, he has business, and residence in Houston. Ever see him driving around River Oaks? He loves Houston.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read