Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2012   #81
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LB Joe Mays Suspended 1 Game for Hit on SCHAUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Damnit ALL!

Schaub is clearly injury prone!! What?? He dislocates his shoulder and misses a few plays before returning AND has the audascity to lose a chunk of his ear..... What an effin' Puh-Ceh!!!!
If Schaub wasn't injury prone we would have been in the SB last year. Toughness or having a high pain tolerance level, isn't the same as injury prone. He played on a crushed foot, he is clearly tough. That is way harder than getting smashed and coming back in the next play.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #82
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the Miller tackle thanks to Dutch:

You can see he not only wraps Schaub but grabs him under his butt to pick him up and then dives forward. Clearly a malicious hit IMO. Should have been fined.

Last edited by infantrycak; 09-26-2012 at 03:54 AM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #83
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub absorbed two ridiculous hits in a row in the Denver game and kept on trucking.

Those 2 hits are why there are rules in the NFL about how you can hit the QB. Nobody can hold up over repeatedly getting hit like that.

And anyone who wants to label him injury prone, should probably go let Von Miller and Mays hit them like that for an hour and see how they hold up. Or better yet, just go play in traffic for a bit and see how that feels.

I know, I know, we are going to get in some new long discussion about what is and isn't injury prone vs soft vs people's opinions on old school football.

Tracy McGrady was soft, Yao Ming was injury prone. Schaub sustains legitimate injuries in the field of play.
Old 09-26-2012   #84
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Schaub sustains legitimate injuries in the field of play.
Hell I would say illegitimate injuries since three of them have been flagged and fined hits. One was so flagrant the NFL sent a memo out to the refs to remind them they have the power to eject players based on a single flagrant play.
Old 09-26-2012   #85
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Hell I would say illegitimate injuries since three of them have been flagged and fined hits. One was so flagrant the NFL sent a memo out to the refs to remind them they have the power to eject players based on a single flagrant play.
I'll buy that. And what are you doing up and posting at the ridiculous hour of the day?
Old 09-26-2012   #86
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I'll buy that. And what are you doing up and posting at the ridiculous hour of the day?
Never been a sleeper (but I am headed off shortly). What's your excuse?
Old 09-26-2012   #87
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

YET, there are still members of this board who think the loss of Winston and Briesel was justified! Would they have been able to stop Miller or Mays?? Hummmm, we'll never know, but, I do think they would have prevented such a vicious hit. JMO!

Our Oline needs to BUCK it up FAST or we will be playing the rest of the season with TJ as our QB. I have my doubts that Denver will be the only team with intentions to bench Matt for the season. Coaches and players KNOW he has become one of the best, and the only way to stop him is to take him out! We haven't seen the last of this type of play!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012   #88
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
YET, there are still members of this board who think the loss of Winston and Briesel was justified! Would they have been able to stop Miller or Mays?? Hummmm, we'll never know, but, I do think they would have prevented such a vicious hit. JMO!

Our Oline needs to BUCK it up FAST or we will be playing the rest of the season with TJ as our QB. I have my doubts that Denver will be the only team with intentions to bench Matt for the season. Coaches and players KNOW he has become one of the best, and the only way to stop him is to take him out! We haven't seen the last of this type of play!
That's why PAYBACK was and is a temptation..................Peyton.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #89
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

Possibly. You can see that it's a fake play-action pass to the left side, but watch Caldwell run right in front of Mays as he's going to the QB. I'm guessing he was expecting Newton to pick him up, since the whole line is shifting that direction. but Newton was engaged with another player. I have a better angle of this play, so I can make a gif of that later, but this hit was on Caldwell. He shouldn't have tried to plow into Von Miller (possibly payback for the last play). It allowed the MLB a free run at the QB.

Old 09-26-2012   #90
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
That was not a clean hit the way the game is played today that was leading with the crown of the helmet all the way.
As I stated earlier after viewing the gif,

I WAS WRONG.

As I also stated earlier, I like this old style of NFL play. Todays players are getting a taste of what the players of the late 70's early 80's went through that made the NFL what it is today.

Before God'ell started wussifying it. I cant believe more people aren;t enjoying this brand of football.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #91
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What the hell made you think it was a clean hit in the first place then???? You saw it, in order to form an opinion and post it here, and yet NOW you reluctantly (after having posted numerous times prior that it was a clean hit) say you think the animated GIF shows it was indeed an illegal hit.

That's sort of puzzling. But I think maybe you knew you had made a stand, and we all tend to stand by our first-formed and first-posted opinion (I know I do)...it's just that even when I watched it on TV, even in the original play (not just the replay) I could tell he was out to hurt Schaub.

IMO, the whole Texans team should have flooded the field and beat his ass right then and there. You wouldn't see any future blitzer do that sort of crap.

That was the most blatant attempt to hurt our QB I have seen since Fat Albert back in his days a Titans player. The hit that hurt Matt's shoulder and put him out for the remainder of the season, or eat least most of it IIRC. Well, actually, Von Miller before the Mays hit was a blatant attempt to hurt our QB.

Miller should be suspended too, actually. Leaving his feet and intentionally driving Schaub into the ground while using the helmet to spear into him at the end of it.

Broncos fans, if you're here reading this: You know damn well that was cheap **** your players pulled.
Reluctant =no,

Numerous = no

I can admit when I'm wrong. Maybe you could use this as a learning tool also. The reason I posted what I did, was at 1st glance it appeared to me that MS tucked his head causing Mays to hit him in the helment. Once again I was WRONG.

Miller at the very least should fined. At first glance I thought his hit was more intentional than Mays hit.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #92
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

does this lady ever talk about anything other than brisiel and winston.. oh and stephen hill? smh schaub ran a naked, hes gonna be vulnerable to rushers, mays' intentions were to plant schaub from the get go. clowns like JDR get desperate when he cant stop what youre doing he should have been suspended too..
Old 09-26-2012   #93
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You can see he not only wraps Schaub but grabs him under his butt to pick him up and then dives forward. Clearly a malicious hit IMO. Should have been fined.
Yep. And Schaub even pats Miller on the back a couple of times as if to say, "Hey, bud, the ball is gone." Still Miller keeps driving forward with his legs, clearly intending to slam Schaub to the turf. Dirty mofo.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #94
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Miller tackle bothered me more than the Mays hit, because it was just so obvious he was trying to inflict unnecessary pain.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #95
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #96
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Schaub's head lowered because of his follow-thru, throwing the pass.. I'm not sure I get you're point here Pastor. Brother, help me out with your point!!!
No real point Bill. Just making an observation of how "legal" vs "illegal" hits have changed over the past few years...just in the area of what's called a "spear," or what used to be a spear.

Not really commenting on the Schaub hit, although I felt like the first hit was more "illegal" than the second one. Just my opinion.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #97
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
No real point Bill. Just making an observation of how "legal" vs "illegal" hits have changed over the past few years...just in the area of what's called a "spear," or what used to be a spear.

Not really commenting on the Schaub hit, although I felt like the first hit was more "illegal" than the second one. Just my opinion.
No worries my brother! I just felt like Schuab's head turned towards the 8 o'clock as he was throwing the ball and than BAM!!! He takes one to the facemask!! Thus, being holyfield!!

BTW, Hope all is well!
Old 09-26-2012   #98
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The hit that Miller made on Schaub is clearly a grappling move called a double-leg takedown. You've probably seen it in MMA fights, but it evolved from wrestling and shoot fighting. You can trap your target as low as the knees, but you can also go high like Miller did. The reason Miller's hit was a double-leg and not a football hit was because he trapped his target by the legs, lifted, and drove his back into the ground. This is a deliberate, coordinated motion after the football has been released. He should be fined.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #99
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
lol

msr
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #100
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
You're ridiculous, man, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read