Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LB Joe Mays Suspended 1 Game for Hit on SCHAUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
The broncos board is going nuts right now...
Why?? Because they just realized that they weren't nearly as good as they thought they were going into the season??
Old 09-25-2012   #22
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

I think Mays should get fined, but not suspended. If Cushing hit Manning like that, apologized, and said that it wasn't his intent to injure, would you be clamoring for a suspension? Just answer yourself. No need to convince us.
We wouldn't have to clamor for anything. We, including Cushing, would all know it would be coming.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #23
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 34621 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ear looks OK in that pic, doesn't it?
This is like .01 sec after the hit. The ear hasn't had a chance to bleed yet.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
If a hit like that would happen on NFL Poster Boy Peyton Manning, the guilty player(s) would be heavily fined, suspended the remainder of the season, and have their first born taken from them.
To be raised by Archie as another "Manning" and programmed with elite QB knowledge through his junior year in college before having his draft rights awarded exclusively to the Broncos for the hit placed on Peyton over two decades before.
Old 09-25-2012   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know about the fine until I read this thread. Glad to know they hit him with a stiff one, cause a one game suspension is not enough. JMO! Dude can apologize all he wants, and Matt can believe him if he chooses, BUT, it's pretty obvious he hit him with intent to injure. Those guys know what they're doing, esp one's coached by Del Rio.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 226555 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
This is like .01 sec after the hit. The ear hasn't had a chance to bleed yet.
I'm not looking for blood. I'm looking for deformation.
Old 09-25-2012   #27
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I retract my earlier post about not thinking it was deliberate intent to injure. DB posted this in another thread, and I hadn't seen this angle yet. It looks like a pretty clear case of leading with the crown of the helmet. Should have suspended his ass for a couple games.
Glad you came to your senses. I read your first post and couldn't believe it.

That mothereffer should have been suspended for multiple games. And the fact that Von Miller got the roughing call on the previous play tells me beyond a shadow of a doubt there was a coordinated effort to get Schaub out of the game.

Del Rio is a POS.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2012   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I didn't know about the fine until I read this thread. Glad to know they hit him with a stiff one, cause a one game suspension is not enough. JMO! Dude can apologize all he wants, and Matt can believe him if he chooses, BUT, it's pretty obvious he hit him with intent to injure. Those guys know what they're doing, esp one's coached by Del Rio.
The fine is $50,000 but that 1 game suspension costs that guy something like $208,000. Not saying he shouldn't have been fined but that 1 game suspension isn't just a chance to get some R&R. That hurts in the old pocketbook. That's almost like losing a month's pay -- 1/16 vs. 1/12.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #29
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

From DB's angle I change my mind. He definitely tries to missile in on Schaub and the punishment fits the penalty.
Old 09-25-2012   #30
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
From DB's angle I change my mind. He definitely tries to missile in on Schaub and the punishment fits the penalty.
In case anyone else was wondering what yall were talking about, this is the view from an article DB linked in the other thread:

Old 09-25-2012   #31
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114196 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has a bullseye on him that's for sure.

But I think all this beating on Schaub is just going to piss off one of best teams in football.
Old 09-25-2012   #32
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
In case anyone else was wondering what yall were talking about, this is the view from an article DB linked in the other thread:

Damn it looks even worse after the game. I was pissed when it happened but from this clip you can really tell-led with the crown of his helmet and launched into Matt. I'm really, really impressed with Matt after this-he's one tough SOB.
Old 09-25-2012   #33
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Damn it looks even worse after the game. I was pissed when it happened but from this clip you can really tell-led with the crown of his helmet and launched into Matt. I'm really, really impressed with Matt after this-he's one tough SOB.
yeah, all you gotta do is watch his arms to see his intent. He made sure he got them out of the way so that the helmet has full impact without anything cushioning the blow. There was no intent to wrap up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #34
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, all you gotta do is watch his arms to see his intent. He made sure he got them out of the way so that the helmet has full impact without anything cushioning the blow. There was no intent to wrap up.
Direct shot on the jaw, too. He was literally trying to knock him out.
Old 09-25-2012   #35
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the reason he was suspended is because he was fined last week for a hit on Matt Ryan. That previous infraction is what got him suspended.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #36
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, here's Mays' quote:
Quote:
“I’m just trying to hurry up and get to him before he gets the ball off,” Mays said. “But he got the ball off, and after the release, he kind of ducked his head. As soon as he ducked his head, it was a bang-bang play. I knew as soon as it happened, I’m going to get fined for that.”
Rewatch the GIF. Anyone think Schaub ducked his head there?

(He didn't.)
Old 09-25-2012   #37
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching the video, and Vinny's quote below I change my original opinion of the hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #38
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why?? Because they just realized that they weren't nearly as good as they thought they were going into the season??
"They are who we thought they were"
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #39
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Glad you came to your senses. I read your first post and couldn't believe it.

That mothereffer should have been suspended for multiple games. And the fact that Von Miller got the roughing call on the previous play tells me beyond a shadow of a doubt there was a coordinated effort to get Schaub out of the game.

Del Rio is a POS.
My thoughts exactly....after one PF call, anyone is going to be thinking in the back of their head that if they get a PF called on the next play, their coach is going to be pissed off. That is of course unless they were told to get Schaub out to the game and knew there would be no hell to pay on the sideline.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #40
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

At most Mays should've been fined.

That was a clean hit.

A very hard hit, and you know God'ell is trying to eliminate hard hitting in the game.

I would like to hear God'ell or Andersons explination for the suspensions. Mays was intending to injure MS? The job of an NFL LB is to hit any player with the ball as hard as he can? Is that not football anymore? When players get hit hard sometimes they get hurt.

Ask guys that played in the 60-early 80's and they will tell you that's the way the game is suposed to be played.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read