Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2012   #101
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Houston Texans: Unanimous #1 in NFL.com Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And BTW, Foster is nominated for the FedEx Ground Game again.
I thought that was a great game for Foster. 20 carries 5 yards a clip.

Thank God Forsett also had a good game & plays to the whistle.
Old 11-27-2012   #102
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If the play-offs were to start today, the Steelers would be in. The Ravens would be in & so would the Colts.

The Giants, Bears, & Seahawks would be going for the NFC.

There are 5 games left, do you think the play-off picture will remain the same?

I don't. I don't think the current W-Ls tell us who the best teams are. I think the Saints will make the play-offs. I don't think the Giants will win their division & I think Tampa Bay will make the play-offs.

My whole point in bringing up this thread, was to illustrate if the power rankings were done correctly, the Saints would be higher than the Giants. Tampa Bay would be higher than Seattle. There would actually be several teams "ranked" better than their record. Several teams "ranked" worse than their record. I think the final standings will show that.
I think the Bengals will make it over the Steelers. The Bears, Packers and Giants I see as locks in the NFC. So that leaves one spot left. New Orleans has a tough remaining schedule (@ATL, @NYG, @DAL, TB), so I don't see them making it in. That leaves Seattle & Tampa Bay. TB is hot right now so I will say TB will make it in.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #103
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yeah, saw that. They're the only one of the major media that did not rank us at #1.

Bspn, CBS, profootballtalk all rank the Texans #1
Which is good. Makes me think I'm giving Peyton too much credit. Shell-shocked maybe.
Old 11-27-2012   #104
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Which is good. Makes me think I'm giving Peyton too much credit. Shell-shocked maybe.
That guy is always dangerous.
I called the Broncos the dark horse before the season.
The Broncos have a pretty good defense and that makes for a lethal combination.
They play really fast, but I think our Zbs guys match up with them well.
And we have a secondary that can match up with their offensive threats really well also.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #105
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who would you rather take on in the playoffs, Manning or Brady?
Old 11-28-2012   #106
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
bofe.
Old 11-28-2012   #107
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
bofe.
Pardon my ignorance but what is bofe an acronym for?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2012   #108
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
My brain translated that to "both". Could be wrong though.
Old 11-28-2012   #109
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Ah, an ebonicsnym then. Gotcha.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #110
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ah, an ebonicsnym then. Gotcha.
The Dex's fingers must be a whole lot fatter than yours; the keyboard sequence just doesn't match
Old 11-28-2012   #111
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Black Oppressing Facist European?

Old 11-28-2012   #112
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Black Oppressing Facist European?

I was thinking like Barf On Fart 'Em; who cares, we go with the guy we trust to run this system. Who's gonna say the other guys can be successful in ours?
Old 11-28-2012   #113
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
You should be my interpretor when I speak at the U.N.

"Bofe" is an African American word meaning "both."

Example:

"Which do you think you'd have a good time with, Stacey Dash or
Golden Brooks? "

"Bofe uhm (both of them.)"
Old 11-28-2012   #114
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You should be my interpretor when I speak at the U.N.

"Bofe" is an African American word meaning "both."

Example:

"Which do you think you'd have a good time with, Stacey Dash or
Golden Brooks? "

"Bofe uhm (both of them.)"
Lol. Nice. Yep, "bofe uhm" is slang, and is usually spoken fast and quick, to emphasize the point.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #115
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
bofe.
I agree with Dex!

"To be the man, you need to beat the man" (or team).
Old 11-28-2012   #116
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I agree with Dex!

"To be the man, you need to beat the man" (or team).
Well right now "the man" is Big Blue. Defending Super Bowl Champs, so I could care less about playing those other chumps. As a matter of fact, I'd rather see the "sorry" Seahawks in the Super Bowl & not see "the man" at all.
Old 11-28-2012   #117
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brady turns into Superman in the playoffs, whereas Manning is a lot more mortal in the post season, than he is in the regular season.
Old 11-28-2012   #118
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Brady turns into Superman in the playoffs, whereas Manning is a lot more mortal in the post season, than he is in the regular season.
I would take Manning but eli. Peyton is regular season goat. Eli is Brady's kryptonite.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #119
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Brady has been blown out of the play-offs at home twice in the last few years. New England hasn't won a SuperBowl since TO was complaining about McNabb.
Old 11-28-2012   #120
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

But to answer the question: I'll tell you next Tuesday morning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read