Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2012   #1
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Replacement refs and the Texans....

One thing I have noticed about these refs and knowing how terrible they are. Our team need to understand when it comes to game time, do not put the game into the refs hands. If we win, win with at least 2 scores because these refs will screw somebody next and I hate for it to be us....
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

We are not going to win by two or more scores every game. They just need to play the best they can and not think about the refs.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replacement refs and the Texans....

What worries me most about the clueless replacement refs is the calls the DON'T make. Players are going to get hurt if these refs don't make the calls right.

Now I'm not saying the regular refs are always right, because we know that's not the case. But the regular refs don't let the games get out of hand or allow the types of things to go on we've seen so far this season.

I wish the NFL would settle this crap soon.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh...We've been getting screwed by the refs for years. To me, there's no difference. All the teams complaining are the ones that got nursed by the refs and NFL and of course the Harbaugh brothers.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Eh...We've been getting screwed by the refs for years. To me, there's no difference. All the teams complaining are the ones that got nursed by the refs and NFL and of course the Harbaugh brothers.
Confirmation bias. The product on the field is significantly worse with the replacement refs. The games are taking longer, it resembles amateur hour when they are telling which team got what penalty and how it will be enforced, timeouts and challenges have been a huge issue, and all sorts of weird crap is going on in way more games than what used to happen with the guys who had been reffing for a decade or two.
Old 09-25-2012   #6
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Im not sure that the Texans have been getting screwed at any higher rate than the rest of the nfl maybe thats fan biased coming out in post but Im pretty sure fans tend to think their team gets the worst of it all.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
What worries me most about the clueless replacement refs is the calls the DON'T make. Players are going to get hurt if these refs don't make the calls right.
If this lockout drags on any longer, it's only a matter of time until a player gets seriously injured due to the replacement ref's incompetence. Goodell should shut his trap about player safety when it's obvious he's doesn't give a crap about it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2012   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Russell Wilson: The first QB to ever throw a game winning interception.
Old 09-25-2012   #9
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Not worried.

Our team is built to avoid these situations. So far, they've been getting out to fast starts and stonewalling the other team for most of the game.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

These refs are pandering to the crowds, probably subconsciously, and it will likely favor us @ home. Somebody could get hurt, though.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-25-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Nachobusiness
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
These refs are pandering to the crowds, probably subconsciously, and it will likely favor us @ home. Somebody could get hurt, though.
Yeah.

The Titans is probably that somebody.
Old 09-25-2012   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There was a good article about home field bias in sports about a year or two ago in either ESPN or Sports Illustrated and how it exists. If regular refs are influenced by it, I'm guessing it's 10X worse with the replacement refs. I'll try to find it during my lunch break.

Thanks to Premier
Old 09-25-2012   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
There was a good article about home field bias in sports about a year or two ago in either ESPN or Sports Illustrated and how it exists. If regular refs are influenced by it, I'm guessing it's 10X worse with the replacement refs. I'll try to find it during my lunch break.
In TexanChicks latest blog, there is a link to another article stating that, yes, it has gotten emphatically worse with the replacement refs and home teams are winning a very high percentage of games right now. I posted the link in one of the threads yesterday--don't remember which one; maybe the main one complaining about the refts.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak needs to tell players quit going off side; blocking in the back and grabbing or pushing a WR. I am much more concerned about our stupid penalties than the opponents. I understand new guys on Oline but there would not have been a Schaub beat down if the defensive players had been blocked. Real refs or "I can't believe it's not butter", flags were thrown.
Old 09-25-2012   #15
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They pander to the players as well, and I noticed that our players didn't take advantage of it in the Denver game.

The refs have been visibly moved when players make a scene. There were several times in the Denver game when our receivers felt they were interfered with, would throw their hands up after the play, but then let it go. They could have worked the refs and there was a good chance the refs would have thrown a flag in response.

I know it's probably the "wrong" thing to do, but they should have done it, nonetheless.
Old 09-25-2012   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Russell Wilson: The first QB to ever throw a game winning interception.
New possession rule: to legally possess the ball after a catch, you need only catch the player catching the ball.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

After watching 3 weeks of the refs just screw up the game, I am not nearly as excited as I normally would be about Texans football or the NFL in general. Does anyone else feel this way? I'll still watch the game, but it'll become harder and harder to root with the same passion as before until this situation is resolved.

Thanks to Premier
Old 09-25-2012   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
After watching 3 weeks of the refs just screw up the game, I am not nearly as excited as I normally would be about Texans football or the NFL in general. Does anyone else feel this way? I'll still watch the game, but it'll become harder and harder to root with the same passion as before until this situation is resolved.
No. I'll be rooting with the same passion and enthusiasm as with the real refs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #19
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No. I'll be rooting with the same passion and enthusiasm as with the real refs.

Same here. My anxiety might go up a little more but other than that I am unchanged
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #20
JPPT1974
NFL Is Here!

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Really these refs need to go. Bring back the regular refs!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read