Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Let's get together in NY for the Texans vs Jets 10/8/12 anyone else going?

TexasMade5717

Practice Squad
My friend and I will be going to the Oct 8 game vs the Jets. Just seeing if anyone else is going so we can maybe meet at a bar nearby before the game? Let me know who else is going.
Oh, I also saw a website www.tailgatejoe.com welcoming visiting fans for $35 all you can eat & drink- so that's an option as well. Also, my friend lives near the stadium so if you need a ride and staying near the stadium let me know!

TexasMade5717

Practice Squad
I will be there.Any idea what hotel Texans will use. I would ou t it will be in manhattan
I doubt the team is staying in Manhattan, I'm sure it's a hotel near E. Rutherford (Met Life Stadium)- kind of a pain to drive over from Manhattan.

FYI- Several fans have signed up on www.tailgatejoe.com and are going to hang at his tailgate party before the game, you should join!

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Please share your details in the FB group. I believe folks have already started planning the trip but haven't picked a location or anything yet.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
There is a Facebook fan group for planning away game events. It has several hundred members and IMHO the people in it are the reason for recent road game meet up success!

Ryan Dove - send me a FR on FB and I'll add you to it.

Dr2bKay

Rookie
Just reserved my hotel for NY. Can't wait for the cooler weather. I also plan to tailgate with Tailgate Joe.

Tailgatejoe

Practice Squad
Just reserved my hotel for NY. Can't wait for the cooler weather. I also plan to tailgate with Tailgate Joe.
I know there will be a bunch of Texans fans joining us for this game. We normally always get a few visiting fans, but this time I actually made posts here and on the Texans forum inviting traveling fans, so the turnout should be decent.

mirage

Texans Fan!
Just moved out to NYC... Have a ticket, and as long as I don't get assigned out for work travel I will be there... Can't wait for this game!

I bought a ticket to go the Texans-Jets game, planning on going solo. None of my other coworkers are Texans fans!

I am currently working in Brooklyn and was wondering if anyone was going to be going from Penn Station to the game?

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Hey guys - plans are being made for the Jets game - someone is looking into Idle Hands for Saturday and Tailgate Joe for Sunday. They'll be making calls this week.

Can you sign in at the FB group so they can have a rough head count? Right now it looks like only a half dozen people going and I know there' more Texans fans than that who will represent in NY!

silvrhand

All Pro
I'm going but will be heading right from work, don't arrive till late Sunday night so likely will be hitting the game then hitting the bed, as I'll be jetlagged from being in London the week before.

texanskan

Waterboy
LMAO - sorry, Sunday and Monday. But the folks working on this need a better head count :)
A better Sunday spot for the games are needed. I have been to that bar on a couple of occasions and while it is a tremendous place for Texans fans to get together it's not good for watching all the games on tv.

TexasMade5717

Practice Squad
I bought a ticket to go the Texans-Jets game, planning on going solo. None of my other coworkers are Texans fans!

I am currently working in Brooklyn and was wondering if anyone was going to be going from Penn Station to the game?
Sorry bud. Flying into Newark so I wouldn't have to cross thru Manhattan and all that. Just roll solo, I'm sure you'll see other Texans fans bc most tourists will stay in Manhattan.

NYCTexan

Practice Squad
Been chatting with Texanskan - we usually go to the Idle Hands for the official Texans bar for the Texans game. But seeing as how its not set up really for multiple games simulataneously, I can see why you might want to go to an actual sports bar.

For that, there are several options. It is best to call ahead and get an area though. And stay away from Tonic in midtown - tourist trap and crazy chaotic.

Tonic East on 3rd Ave is pretty good but again it will be chaotic on NFL Sunday.

My friends and I are meeting at Stout near Penn Station on Monday at 4 PM. I will be in my white Arian Foster jersey and you cant miss me. Tall, dark guy..

I am not sure about Tailgate Joes but Stout is close to Penn Station so we can all get on the NJ Transit together if need be.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
Here's my blog writeup of unofficial plans + common sense road game tips:

Unofficial plans for Texans fans going to MNF Jets game

If you know someone who is going, please pass this on to them. I heard from some folks who went to the Denver meetup that a bunch of folks who don't know about TexansTalk or the FB group went to the bar because someone sent them the blog post about it. New old media!

Also, it adds a post game meetup spot. There's a giant bronze Snoopy statue outside the west game. Sometimes it is nice to meet up post game to take a picture, get decent number of fans together for safety. :)

texanskan

Waterboy
I'm in NYC right now. The boys and I will swing by the Texans bar to watch the first half of the 1st games Sunday but will walk someplace that is better suited to watch all the games.

If anyone want's to watch college ball Sunday i.e LSU vs FLA, South Carolina vs Georgia and UT vs WVU hit me up

BrianFox

Practice Squad
Hey Lindsay, can you send me an invite to the FB group? Two of us are heading to the Jets game, looking to meet up with others.

Tailgatejoe

Practice Squad
Here's my blog writeup of unofficial plans + common sense road game tips:

Unofficial plans for Texans fans going to MNF Jets game

If you know someone who is going, please pass this on to them. I heard from some folks who went to the Denver meetup that a bunch of folks who don't know about TexansTalk or the FB group went to the bar because someone sent them the blog post about it. New old media!

Also, it adds a post game meetup spot. There's a giant bronze Snoopy statue outside the west game. Sometimes it is nice to meet up post game to take a picture, get decent number of fans together for safety. :)
You guys won't have to worry about safety, it isn't really like that, especially since the move to the new stadium. The snoopy statue is a good meetup place for a group pic.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
You guys won't have to worry about safety, it isn't really like that, especially since the move to the new stadium. The snoopy statue is a good meetup place for a group pic.
Not sure there's a stadium in the league that is 100% safe from harassment if you are a visiting fan. Especially up high, or in the parking lot.

Dr2bKay

Rookie
Well, I finally made it to New Jersey! Long flight, but the Jack Daniels made it go quick. Can't wait to explore the city and pretend I'm on SATC.

Tailgatejoe

Practice Squad
For those joining us at the game Monday, and there are quite a few, we finalized the menu,
http://www.tailgatejoe.com/jets-tailgate-texans-2012/

The Tailgate Menu

• The TGJ Lot Burger, the best burger you will find at any tailgate party in America!
  • Chili Dogs, everyone agrees that Joe’s legit award winning chili dogs are the best they have ever crammed down their face hole, come see for yourself!
  • Grilled Taylor ham and cheese sandwiches, a NJ classic
  • Grilled smoked Polish sausage
  • Italian Sausage and Peppers, using Esposito’s Italian sausage, the best pork store in NYC!
  • Fresh filled cannoli, and yes, they are filled on the spot, usually by TailgateJoe’s mom!

On Tap chillin’ in the kegerator:

• Kelso of Brooklyn Pilsner
  • Miller Light