Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2012   #41
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next Week is an even bigger test.

We'll just sticky this. "Next week" is always the bigger test.
Old 09-25-2012   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Absolutely! It's a division game, much more important than against Denver. We need this game
Division game or not I actually think the Denver game was bigger, because of tie breakers. Denver if Manning gets on a role actually has the potential to challenge our record. It's the same reason why I feel the game against Baltimore is bigger than any divisional game we'll play this season. No team in this division is going to challenge us this season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
We'll just sticky this. "Next week" is always the bigger test.
This

got to do the ole cliche ...take it one game at a time
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #44
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans are allowing 37+ ppg and 463 ypg. This is a bad defense. Epically bad. Richard Smith and Frank Bush bad. I look at the talent on defense, and they shouldn't be this bad. A case of the sum being less than its parts.

In week 7 of 2011, both Foster and Tate put up 100+ rushing yards versus the Titans. I can see that happening again. It should be long day for the Titans.
Old 09-25-2012   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I read on the titans board that their defense was better than the broncos and their offense was good enough to put up 20+ on us easily...

I wanted to create an account just to respond to that one post...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #46
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Titans are allowing 37+ ppg and 463 ypg. This is a bad defense. Epically bad. Richard Smith and Frank Bush bad. I look at the talent on defense, and they shouldn't be this bad. A case of the sum being less than its parts.

In week 7 of 2011, both Foster and Tate put up 100+ rushing yards versus the Titans. I can see that happening again. It should be long day for the Titans.
Maybe we can go for a triple and Forsett will put up 100+ also.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 09-26-2012   #47
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I read on the titans board that their defense was better than the broncos and their offense was good enough to put up 20+ on us easily...

I wanted to create an account just to respond to that one post...
lol

Do you have a link?

ETA -- Checked out the thread about the Texans on GoTitans:
Quote:
Let's just hope the Texans suffer a major injury.
Titanup1982, Yesterday at 11:03 AM
Quote:
More blitzes...hell theres no reason to keep a bunch of DBs in the secondary anyway. Might as well try to beat the crap out of Scabb.
afcsouthdom, Yesterday at 12:26 PM #23
Quote:
Put him in the turf.
afcsouthdom, Yesterday at 12:39 PM #24
Quote:
I don't think the texans will be steam rolling over us Sunday. Like I said before all the pressure is on them. If we can knock Scabb's head off, that'll be victory enough for me. Pain is comming.
afcsouthdom, Yesterday at 6:18 PM
Quote:
We wont win, but i sure hope wimbley breaks shaub's nose like brady's haha
Na$hville, Yesterday at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Take a bigger chunk out his ear.
afcsouthdom, Yesterday at 6:31 PM
etc.

Classy.

Last edited by nero THE zero; 09-26-2012 at 09:49 AM.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Well at least Tinnbred fan has classed it up a bit:

Quote:
Posted by: Titanup1982

Let's just hope the Texans suffer a major injury.
Old 09-26-2012   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

And b0ng launches his salvo:

Quote:
And here come the Titans to "test" the Texans. laffo (this in response to someone mentioning our first three opponents)

I'm sure the Texans will go easy on the Titans on Sunday, after all it's going to be the Titans's superbowl for this year. The game surely won't resemble the 41-7 boot party the Texans threw in Nashville last year.
Old 09-26-2012   #50
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
lol

Classy.
At least those Tackboys mostly got the spelling and capitalizations right, which makes them one percenters in the possum eaters fan base.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
And b0ng launches his salvo:
LOL. I'll have to check it out.

I post a bit at titanstailgate.com, that's where toronto mods and they are much better, and nicer, group to post with.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #52
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't been to the message board on the official Texans website, but I hope the fans who post there aren't as classless as the fools up in Tennessee.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
LOL. I'll have to check it out.

I post a bit at titanstailgate.com, that's where toronto mods and they are much better, and nicer, group to post with.
B0ng's post was on gotitans.com
Old 09-26-2012   #54
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

They are just games. Win, that is all.
Old 09-27-2012   #55
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's Jerry Gray bad now

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

What's interesting to learn is that the Titans may have very well lost the Lions game, leaving them 0-3, if not for a "little" publicized "mistake" at the very end of OT.
Quote:
Yes, the Titans had five scoring plays over 60 yards but what’s even more unfathomable is the Lions mustered up some tricks of their own with the little time they had left in regulation.

Down two touchdowns with 18 seconds left in regulation Detroit backup quarterback Shaun Hill threw to wide receiver Calvin Johnson cutting the Titans’ lead to seven with the clock dwindling. After a perfect onside kick recovered by Amare Spievey, Hill heaved a Hail Mary to the end zone and the ball fell into Lions’ wide receiver Titus Young’s hands for the score sending the game into OT.

The Titans settled for a field goal in overtime and the Lions wouldn’t settle for the tie, failing on a fourth-and-inches quarterback sneak at the Titans’ seven-yard line handing Tennessee their first win of the season.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz took responsibility for the call to go for the first down instead of taking the points but he did so by admitting it wasn’t the intended call. Schwartz sent Hill and the offense out for a hard count in an attempt to draw the Titans offside but a costly miscommunication led to center Dominic Raiola snapping the ball instead.

Raiola said he misread Hill’s lips thinking he was supposed to run a fullback dive
and he isn’t happy with the mistake.

“It still hurts,” Raiola said to the Detroit Free Press. “It’s still fresh. I just let everybody down; I let all my people down. That’s the way I take it.”
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read