Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Next Week is an even bigger test.

Okay, hear me out.

Yesterday, The Texans showed us they can do things that previous teams would have failed to do. They went into Denver, and beat the Broncos. Not just beat them, but destroyed them. Dominated up until the last few minutes of the 4th when Tate fumbled and gave Manning a short field. Even though Manning was on a run, We were still able to hold onto the ball long enough to get the win. We took everything that Denver could give us, and we gave them more. It was a win that set the tone for this season. Everyone played tough, including Matt Schaub. Dude went out, got his bell rung more than once, and kindly said "thank you sir, may I have another" Four touchdowns and a missing ear later, The Texans were on top and number one in the AFC.

That being said, We will really know what kind of team this is after next Sunday.

The majority of this board feels next week should be an easy victory over our division rivals. I am confident we will pick up the win, since Tennessee is not good at all. I think they have regressed from a year ago and they are lucky to get the win yesterday. That being said, this game could easily play the role of a trap game.

The hype in on our side, 3-0 for the first time in franchise history, coming off of a big win. The point is, if The Texans go in, and take care of business this Sunday, we will know what kind of team they are. A dominate one that doesn't get the traps. Even last year, we had a couple of trap games in there. Oakland, and Carolina. Both of those were at home.

I'm not playing the role of doubter here, and I am not predicting a loss. I just want to point out to this board, if we win, it will show the real progress this team has made.

Last week showed that we can fight.

This week will show if we can truly follow up and continue to take care of business.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next Week is an even bigger test.

This board needs a few permanent threads:

1. "Next week's game is a must win"
2. "Next week's game is the real test"

like the Joe's crabshack "Free crabs tomorrow" sign

I agree that next week's game is important, but what could you possibly see there that you havent over the first 3?

We know what type of team we have. We are more talented than Tennesse. Win or lose, Im not expecting to see anything that will change my opinions at this point in the season
Old 09-24-2012   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't we win enough games like this upcoming one with Tennessee last year for you to know what kind of a team we have? Really? As long as Matt is under center I have complete faith we are going to make life hard on whatever opponent we face. More likely than not its going to equate to a Texans win, also there is a good chance we blow them (or insert similar team) out.
Old 09-24-2012   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

I agree that next week's game is important, but what could you possibly see there that you havent over the first 3?

We know what type of team we have. We are more talented than Tennesse. Win or lose, Im not expecting to see anything that will change my opinions at this point in the season
How about the team maintaining its intensity and focus following a big road win and not having a mental/physical letdown against a perceived lesser opponent.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
How about the team maintaining its intensity and focus following a big road win and not having a mental/physical letdown against a perceived lesser opponent.
Thats awfully specific...

We took care of business at home agianst a perceived lesser opponent.
We took care of business on the road against a perceived lesser opponent.
We took care of business on the road against a tough opponent.

I just don't see why coming off the Denver win will have any impact on us at all.
Old 09-24-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm going to agree with you gt2 in that I have seen what I need to see. Barring injuries this team will continue to get better and barring injuries can beat any of the other 31. Can we lose? Of course, but so can any other team. I want to see Kubiak put the stranglehold on teams going forward. I now expect to win every game. I posted before 2011 we could do that and this season we have an even better chance.
Old 09-24-2012   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

this game is not a trap game if anything 2 weeks ago the texans knew this game would be more important then the denver game Denver is not in our Divison Tennesse is

and yes in a crazy SHootout somehow tenn beat the lions and arr 1-2

bottom line if we can beat the tacks we can put them in a early hole and pretty much not worry about our divison for about 10 weeks
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2012   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the fans will allow them to take this game lightly. Reliant's going to be absolutely rockin. The players won't have a choice but to rise up and whoop that ass.
Old 09-24-2012   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats awfully specific...

We took care of business at home agianst a perceived lesser opponent.
We took care of business on the road against a perceived lesser opponent.
We took care of business on the road against a tough opponent.

I just don't see why coming off the Denver win will have any impact on us at all.
I think exorcising the demon that beating Peyton in his house represents is a special case.

Maybe you're right. Maybe that's the sign we've "turned the corner".
Old 09-24-2012   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's kick the little sisters of the poor week! Yeah, that's what it is.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
I think exorcising the demon that beating Peyton in his house represents is a special case.

Maybe you're right. Maybe that's the sign we've "turned the corner".
I honestly think we turned the corner last year, game 1. We're well on our way down the road
Old 09-24-2012   #12
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If we don't beat them at least 41-7 like we did last year there will be panic in the streets! "Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!"
Old 09-24-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Girls should not mess with the football. signed Charlie Brown.
Old 09-24-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
If we don't beat them at least 41-7 like we did last year there will be panic in the streets! "Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!"
gotta have the pic dude...

Old 09-24-2012   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Pie. More pie is needed.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just like Week 1 & week 2!
Old 09-24-2012   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the Tacks.

I hate the freakin' Tacks.

It's division.

Dial it up for division games.

It's Buck Fud.

We need to step on them ..... hard.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mmmhmm. How you handle success is at least as important as how you handle failure. I've been watching football my entire life (like most of you) and I've lost count how many times I've seen teams follow a huge, emotional win like this with a week of being told they're great and then a flat performance in an "easy win" situation.

Yes, beating Miami and Jacksonville when they were expected to told us something about the Texans makeup.

Beating Denver on the road told us a little more.

Beating Tennessee at home the way they handled Miami and Jacksonville will tell us this team is level and focused. Getting good in the NFL isn't all that hard. Lots of good teams wrap up 5-11 to 8-8 records every year. Getting consistentently good is much harder. When you do that then you are on the road to Patriots territory where you don't run hot and cold all the time. You just come in and play your game every week no matter who it's against or where it's at. When we're there this is gonna get sweet.
Old 09-24-2012   #19
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
msr
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't say "bigger" test, just another test. We have to remain even-keil (sp?). Its a division game & those are always tough; Tennessee in particular will be riding high off of their upset win over Detroit & division games are always tough.

In the Denver game, we showed up with our A+ game & ended with our C game. Now, No team comes out with thier A-game every week...we just need to make sure that our C-game is good enough to hold off our opponent until our B+/A game arrives.

long story short, we need to learn how this 2012 team deals with adversity.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read