Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nfl playbook drooling: Texans over broncs

This VIDEO will get you revved up like a deuce!
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nfl playbook drooling: Texans over broncs

I hope they're right.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched this last night live and it was magical. Baldinger's analysis of all the different plays we run out of the same formation was great and I think it shows just how far the offense has come.

Remember the days when we said as long as we had an even average defense we would go pretty far in the NFL. Those days are upon us now and thensome since the defense is probably better than the offense is now.
Old 09-22-2012   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I watched this last night live and it was magical. Baldinger's analysis of all the different plays we run out of the same formation was great and I think it shows just how far the offense has come.

Remember the days when we said as long as we had an even average defense we would go pretty far in the NFL. Those days are upon us now and thensome since the defense is probably better than the offense is now.
The same guy that picked Jville last week. He was the color commentator during the OSU and LA Monroe game last week and was still crowing about how the Jags were going to beat Houston. He's a tool.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll never forget Baldinger chuckling at Mark Vandermeer a couple years
back when he was asked about the Texans' playoff chances (the interview
occurred near the end of the Texans 9-7 season.) Sterling Sharpe has ALWAYS
been a huge Texans' fan, and I'm sure he's glad the team doesn't embarrass
him every week like we once did.

It feels good the Texans are able to FORCE people to respect them now.
They still get less than 30 seconds of shine on ESPN, though.
Old 09-22-2012   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I'll never forget Baldinger chuckling at Mark Vandermeer a couple years
back when he was asked about the Texans' playoff chances (the interview
occurred near the end of the Texans 9-7 season.) Sterling Sharpe has ALWAYS
been a huge Texans' fan, and I'm sure he's glad the team doesn't embarrass
him every week like we once did.

It feels good the Texans are able to FORCE people to respect them now.
They still get less than 30 seconds of shine on ESPN, though.
You have to admit, he was right to chuckle about the playoffs for the 2010 season though.
Old 09-22-2012   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
The same guy that picked Jville last week. He was the color commentator during the OSU and LA Monroe game last week and was still crowing about how the Jags were going to beat Houston. He's a tool.
So you've never been wrong about anything before? Baldinger isn't a tool just because he picked the wrong horse.. he's picked Houston plenty of times in the past.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2012   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So you've never been wrong about anything before? Baldinger isn't a tool just because he picked the wrong horse.. he's picked Houston plenty of times in the past.
I have been wrong before, but not on something as obvious as last week's game. Love ya some bent pinky if you want. Baldinger has always been a Texans hater. Has no credibility in my book.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #9
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Baldinger's analysis of all the different plays we run out of the same formation was great and I think it shows just how far the offense has come.
Yah...

Del Rio: Hey Joel, can i borrow you for a minute?

Dreesen: Sure, what's on your mind, coach?

Del Rio: Look at this formation...what plays do the Texans run out of this?

Dreesen: let's see...uhm...run right or left, pass short or deep, boot, reverse...

Del Rio: and what about this one?

Dreesen: anything they want...

Del Rio: this one?

Dreesen: anything! Look, unless you weren't paying attention twice a year in Jax, which is possible seeing you were fired, the Texans will run whatever they want out of whatever formation they want on any down-and-distance they want...anything else?

Del Rio: where can i get a drink?

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt looked good that play but Antonio Smith was a locomotive and Barwin was there on right also. That is what's so great everyone on defense does his job. I imagine the DBs had something to do with QB holding the ball so long.
Old 09-22-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Yah...

Dreesen: let's see...uhm...run right or left, pass short or deep, boot, reverse...

Dreesen: anything! Look, unless you weren't paying attention twice a year in Jax, which is possible seeing you were fired, the Texans will run whatever they want out of whatever formation they want on any down-and-distance they want...anything else?

Awesome post!
Old 09-22-2012   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I have been wrong before, but not on something as obvious as last week's game. Love ya some bent pinky if you want. Baldinger has always been a Texans hater. Has no credibility in my book.
Baldinger's exact quote is, "I don't know if they are really gonna upset them (the Texans) but...

He was buying into the Jags looking good more than hating the Texans. Just watch it yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...ans-vs-Jaguars

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #13
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This VIDEO will get you revved up like a deuce!
Wow, I like it
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Ole Bent Finger is just like the rest of 'em, they just reading from a script. It's nice to hear them say nice things, instead of the crap we heard just a few years ago. But still, you can talk all the announcers on the planet and roll all their knowledge into one person and you still wouldn't have the game plan Kubes and company has set up for the whittle bittie horsies.

Oh yeah, Da Forehead can OFFICIALLY now kiss my ass 'cause his team isn't as good as the Texans.

Manning vs. Texans:

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Yah...

That was pretty clever and humorous.

rep

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #16
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Baldinger's exact quote is, "I don't know if they are really gonna upset them (the Texans) but...

He was buying into the Jags looking good more than hating the Texans. Just watch it yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...ans-vs-Jaguars
Much of the animosity comes from Baldinger's attitude towards the Texans before. An example of that is a previous post in this thread talking about Vandermeer's interview with him.

610 had him on for an interview during the lockout summer in June or July. One of their teasers (or whatever) was about how he disliked the Texans.

Among Baldinger's points were about how they underachieved and he mentioned things he didn't like about Kubiak. While some of what he said was valid, I found it to be mostly petty and I still maintain that even though he might favor the Texans now, some of that is still there.

I think it comes down to context. For those of us that have heard him rip the Texans before(warranted or not), it's in the back of our minds everytime he talks about them.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Much of the animosity comes from Baldinger's attitude towards the Texans before. An example of that is a previous post in this thread talking about Vandermeer's interview with him.

610 had him on for an interview during the lockout summer in June or July. One of their teasers (or whatever) was about how he disliked the Texans.

Among Baldinger's points were about how they underachieved and he mentioned things he didn't like about Kubiak. While some of what he said was valid, I found it to be mostly petty and I still maintain that even though he might favor the Texans now, some of that is still there.

I think it comes down to context. For those of us that have heard him rip the Texans before(warranted or not), it's in the back of our minds everytime he talks about them.
It's an opinion show...Plus he's right about how Houston has been an underachiever in the past. Still, he didn't come across as a hater there...he was wary of making the Jag pick.

all this homer stuff makes me goofy...its like partisan politics. ugh.

Old 09-22-2012   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post

Among Baldinger's points were about how they underachieved and he mentioned things he didn't like about Kubiak. While some of what he said was valid, I found it to be mostly petty and I still maintain that even though he might favor the Texans now, it's still in him.

I think that showed in his Jaguars pick.
many of us here on this board (as big a homers as we are sometimes) still have our doubts about the Texans and Kubiak. I don't buy into the 12 or more win season myself, but I do buy into another AFCS Championship.

However, if they keep kicking ass like they did the first two games, that 12 or more win season could certainly look a lot more attainable. I need to see them pull it off against better teams than Miami and the Kittens. They beat up on Denver like that, and then waste the Titans, and I'll be smokin' and dunkin' the homer doughnuts myself.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #19
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's an opinion show...Plus he's right about how Houston has been an underachiever in the past. Still, he didn't come across as a hater there...he was wary of making the Jag pick.

all this homer stuff makes me goofy...its like partisan politics. ugh.
That's a good one.

I agree it's petty on my part too. I'm no psychologist or anything, but I think the desire for recognition/respect from the media part has a lot to do with the team not living up to expectations many times in the past.

Things have changed now, and I've become much more rational about criticism or straight up hate that the Texans receive.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I knee jerk a bit myself...for the record of course.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read