Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2012   #21
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 4 VS Titans. Lets Predict :)

I'm expecting total domination.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #22
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 28
Titans 0
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #23
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we beat them down like James Brown, something like I dont say...41-7.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #24
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hmmmm dont know where you got this crappy prediction or how you came up with this wild conclusion.

Titans defense is 30th in passing yards allowed 312.7 per game and 29th in rushing yards a game 150.3 per game hell they allowed over 584 total yards to the lions.

They lost 34-13 to the Patriots

they lost 34-10 to the Chargers
Yeah and even in the face of all those ugly F/F stats they figured out a way to manufacture 44 pts to keep pace with Megatron & the Lions ...who ain't no pushovers.

Quote:
Damn we are 3-0 and people still expect the worst.
No... just offering a perspective not induced by koolaid. I don't expect that we will lose to the Titans but I won't say this game is a "gimme" as all of these 30-something to 10 or 14 predictions seem to imply.

The Titans have a habit of hanging around, by hook or by crook, just close enough to be in position to steal the game at the end. Just ask the Lions. Plus they'll be extra motivated to hand us our first division/conference loss - in our house - as a way to build momentum.

Now, for the record, I DO think we'll win at home because Wade-biak has the defense and offense focused. Special teams is still a concern so I'm a-skeerd that we may give up some points to their S/T play. So I'll be amazed (very PLEASANTLY amazed) if we win by 20+ points. A 30-something to 20-something win (say 34 - 24) by us is a more reasonable expectation, IMHO.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #25
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my prediction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #26
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a pic of the total amount of teeth that will be in Titans fans mouth's at Reliant Sunday.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Clubber's a broken record....

"My Prediction?"

"Pain"
Old 09-24-2012   #28
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Clubber's a broken record....

"My Prediction?"

"Pain"

Ok...
You've gotta AT LEAST rep me for copying my post.
LOL JK

Old 09-24-2012   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Ok...
You've gotta AT LEAST rep me for copying my post.
LOL JK

This will be the fourth week in a row I've posted that picture.
Old 09-24-2012   #30
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This will be the fourth week in a row I've posted that picture.
Oh...
Ok...
Then I'll be repping YOU sir.
lol

Old 09-24-2012   #31
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Texans 29
Bud's Duds 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #32
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 40043 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Johnson will have a season high 25 yards.

Other than that they won't have much to celebrate.

Texans - 44
Titans - 9
Old 09-24-2012   #33
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Titans are a better team then many give them credit for. We should still be able to take care a business though as long as nobody gets complacent. Texans 30 - 17 Titans.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #34
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I think the Titans are a better team then many give them credit for. We should still be able to take care a business though as long as nobody gets complacent. Texans 30 - 17 Titans.
The Titans suck, all they did was pull out some gadgets and played a team who sucked worse.. They'll get their "ish" pushed when they play us.

P.S.

Did I mention that the Titans suck? Jake Locker better grab a locker, because Mr. (and that's what he goes by now) Watt will be his H.S. bully and flush his ass and shove him in one anyways. The Titans and their decrement incompetent owner have no hope. This one will be a blow out. They blew their wad as far as trick plays go and have no shot in hell against us.

How's that for "complacent"
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #35
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Johnson after three games:

45 yards with a 1.4 ypc average. Yesterday was his best game: 24 yards on 14 carries with a 1.7 ypc average.

Bud just paid that dude a guaranteed $30 million, plus last year's salary of $8 million.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Now the Titans are wishing they had cut him last year.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #36
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The Titans suck, all they did was pull out some gadgets and played a team who sucked worse.. They'll get their "ish" pushed when they play us.

P.S.

Did I mention that the Titans suck? Jake Locker better grab a locker, because Mr. (and that's what he goes by now) Watt will be his H.S. bully and flush his ass and shove him in one anyways. The Titans and their decrement incompetent owner have no hope. This one will be a blow out. They blew their wad as far as trick plays go and have no shot in hell against us.

How's that for "complacent"
I have no problem with fans being complacent, its the players who can't do that. As long as they come out firing then we will have a comfortable game at home.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #37
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yeah and even in the face of all those ugly F/F stats they figured out a way to manufacture 44 pts to keep pace with Megatron & the Lions ...who ain't no pushovers.

No... just offering a perspective not induced by koolaid. I don't expect that we will lose to the Titans but I won't say this game is a "gimme" as all of these 30-something to 10 or 14 predictions seem to imply.

The Titans have a habit of hanging around, by hook or by crook, just close enough to be in position to steal the game at the end. Just ask the Lions. Plus they'll be extra motivated to hand us our first division/conference loss - in our house - as a way to build momentum.

Now, for the record, I DO think we'll win at home because Wade-biak has the defense and offense focused. Special teams is still a concern so I'm a-skeerd that we may give up some points to their S/T play. So I'll be amazed (very PLEASANTLY amazed) if we win by 20+ points. A 30-something to 20-something win (say 34 - 24) by us is a more reasonable expectation, IMHO.
The Lions are the most dramatic team in the NFL. They look bad early in games and then come back. Seems they like to do this every week.

With that said you are right, really in the NFL no game is a gimme. Every week there is a surprise game (Yesterday the Vikings) and if your team doesn't show up for whatever reason they will lose.

But if people are looking for upset of the week...they better look elsewhere. Titans, I just can't see a way they beat the Texans unless they come out not motivated to win, which can always happen but usually on the road.

It should be domination but yeah any given Sunday I suppose.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #38
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans 17 - 34 Texans

4 and 0 !!
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #39
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

We win.

What's the advantage to getting a bj from a Titans fan?

She's got no teeth.

What's the disadvantage?

She's your sister.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #40
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Predicting a win. The win vs. Denver was a quality win. I'm predicting win every single week at this point. I know I'll be wrong, since no one goes undefeated, but I don't see a single team in the NFL that should beat the Texans. Any given Sunday and all that, but going in, I expect the Texans to be the favorites for a reason. They're a very good football team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read