Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-23-2012   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Belichick

This guy is the definition of no class. Putting his hands on the ref after the game. I can't stand him.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #2
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Bellichick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
This guy is the definition of no class. Putting his hands on the ref after the game. I can't stand him.
What exactly did he do? Couldn't watch the game had homework...
Old 09-24-2012   #3
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
To be honest he only tried to stop him, not like he shoved him down on the ground, the officials are HORRIBLE.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
To be honest he only tried to stop him, not like he shoved him down on the ground, the officials are HORRIBLE.
It doesn't matter. You don't do that. Kubiak would never do that. And they got the call right anyways.
Old 09-24-2012   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
What exactly did he do? Couldn't watch the game had homework...
He tried to stop the ref by grabbing on to his arm.
Old 09-24-2012   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Putting his hands on the ref after the game.
Yeah... he should have kicked him to the moon instead! I saw it as the ref being classless here as opposed to Belichick. I guess your mileage may vary.
Old 09-24-2012   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

I don't know. Maybe it's no big deal. But I was always taught to respect the officials when I played any kind of sport. You can voice your displeasure but putting your hands on them is crossing the line in my book. Different strokes for different folks.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2012   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
We decided in the control room to keep a tally on how many calls we felt were made that better refs wouldn't have screwed up on.

We counted 17. 17 plays where it was clear the inferior refs either blew a call or missed a call. The integrity of the game is being messed with now and for people like Belichick that spend 100 hrs in the film room and dedicate their lives to this, I'd be just as pissed too.

The NFL and refs need to sit down, get this down and do it NOW. Someone is either going to get paralyzed or killed.

Forget the fact that some team is facing a real possibility of getting screwed out of a legit win that ends up costing them their season, and it will all have hinged on the refs, and this time it won't be a bull**** excuse.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
We decided in the control room to keep a tally on how many calls we felt were made that better refs wouldn't have screwed up on.

We counted 17. 17 plays where it was clear the inferior refs either blew a call or missed a call. The integrity of the game is being messed with now and for people like Belichick that spend 100 hrs in the film room and dedicate their lives to this, I'd be just as pissed too.

The NFL and refs need to sit down, get this down and do it NOW. Someone is either going to get paralyzed or killed.

Forget the fact that some team is facing a real possibility of getting screwed out of a legit win that ends up costing them their season, and it will all have hinged on the refs, and this time it won't be a bull**** excuse.
Did you catch Steve Young's take on the ref's last week? He sums it up perfectly. The best quote is people in the league "don't feel that the officials are on field personnel, they feel like it's a commodity". The NFL replacement refs can continue to blow calls but the NFL knows that people will continue to go to watch the games regardless of the officials. They're basically trying to break the referee union, to show them up because Goodell and Co. are the big, bad NFL while the ref's are just an insignificant part of the entire process. I would not be surprised if the lockout lasts throughout the entire season and playoffs no matter how much people complain.

Here's the link to Steve Young talking about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdW36gWDFu0

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #10
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I'm not sure here. I think the integrity of the game has been damaged more by the reaction of the players and coaches towards the 'replacements' opposed to the 'replacements' being in the league.

Belichick was out of order - you never put your hands on an official - regardless of who it is.

The refs are who the refs are. Screaming and intimidating isn't going to make a non-professional NFL official, an NFL official.
Old 09-24-2012   #11
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #12
AndreJohnson's
Rookie

He won't be around in Boston much longer if NE keeps losing games.
AndreJohnson's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #13
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJohnson's View Post
What? New England made the Super Bowl last year. He hasn't had a losing season since 2000. I think Belichick's job is safe.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #15
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

1. The reffing is horrible. No debate about it.

2. Steve Young's rant was spot on.

The Goodell run NFL is going to come down hard of Bellichick, I wouldn't be surprised to see a suspension, at the very least a stiff fine. Goodell doesn't like to let anyone show him up, and that is how he will view it after sending around the "play nice with others" memo last week.
Old 09-24-2012   #16
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

I would encourage all of you guys to sign up for TASO (Texas Association of Sports Officials) this season. It's late and the season's already started, but I can assure you that they're short-handed and would be more than willing to have you.

Find out what it's like for yourselves. And once you're trying to play catch-up in a 7th grade B-game...let me know how easy and obvious the plays are that you missed.

Btw...
These refs didn't ask for this. They're doing the very best job that they can, to have been dropped in the mix. I can't imagine the pace of an NFL game. College and High School can't hold a candle to it. Not to mention the difference in rule enforcement in the pros as opposed to college.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
I would encourage all of you guys to sign up for TASO (Texas Association of Sports Officials) this season. It's late and the season's already started, but I can assure you that they're short-handed and would be more than willing to have you.

Find out what it's like for yourselves. And once you're trying to play catch-up in a 7th grade B-game...let me know how easy and obvious the plays are that you missed.

Btw...
These refs didn't ask for this. They're doing the very best job that they can, to have been dropped in the mix. I can't imagine the pace of an NFL game. College and High School can't hold a candle to it. Not to mention the difference in rule enforcement in the pros as opposed to college.
Ya know it's very irritating when you always speak the truth.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Btw...
Old 09-24-2012   #19
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Btw...
These refs didn't ask for this.
Can they turn the NFL down?

Quote:
They're doing the very best job that they can, to have been dropped in the mix.
Nobody's denying that. But that's separate from saying they are doing a terrible job.

My 3-year-old tries her best to draw Mickey Mouse.

But it looks like crap.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Yeah... he should have kicked him to the moon instead! I saw it as the ref being classless here as opposed to Belichick. I guess your mileage may vary.
Touch a ref and prepare to be fined and /or suspended. The ref's job isn't to discuss the call with a coach after the game is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJohnson's View Post
He'll coach the Pats as long as he wants to, he's pretty well earned that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
Nobody's denying that. But that's separate from saying they are doing a terrible job.

My 3-year-old tries her best to draw Mickey Mouse.

But it looks like crap.
Same for my three yr-old. Of course Daddy's doesn't look much better.

People expect folks to be as good or better at their job as you are at yours. The NFL took shortcuts with these refs and it shows...glaringly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read