Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-23-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby against Patriots Sept 23

Dang JJ looking pretty good.
Old 09-23-2012   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby against Patriots Sept 23

He still found a way to muff one punt but he got it back.

I'm starting to think that our offense just didn't make use of his talents.

I was about to say that this is his best 3-game stretch to start the season in his career. But...

2010: 13 - 132 - 1
2012: 7 - 153 - 1

So it's pretty close so far to his 2010 production for us.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

I was about to say that this is his best 3-game stretch to start the season in his career. But...

His brain didnt comprehend the offense .... he's in a simple situation now where all he has to do is use his athletic ability .... and not think.

OC:Jacoby run a fly pattern
Jacoby: Whats that coach ?!
OC: Damnit Jacoby just run as fast as you can .... thattaway (OC points to make sure he understands) and if you are open , try to catch it.
Jacoby: Ok , I think I ...
OC: You dont get paid to think , just bleeping RUN.

Soon as that dude starts thinking ... the springs in his clockwerk .... get sprung.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Being cut by a team and finding yourself unemployed has a tendency to make you focus more on your job when you get a new chance with another team. I still think Jacobies biggest problem is a lack of maturity. Remember a Zebra don't change his stripes, Jacoby will screw up in Baltimore.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
His brain didnt comprehend the offense .... he's in a simple situation now where all he has to do is use his athletic ability .... and not think.

OC:Jacoby run a fly pattern
Jacoby: Whats that coach ?!
OC: Damnit Jacoby just run as fast as you can .... thattaway (OC points to make sure he understands) and if you are open , try to catch it.
Jacoby: Ok , I think I ...
OC: You dont get paid to think , just bleeping RUN.

Soon as that dude starts thinking ... the springs in his clockwerk .... get sprung.
Seriously. I didn't see him do anything other than straight routes down the field on the outside. I guess Kubiak made the offense too complicated for him to understand. It appears the only route tree he is capable of learning is in the shape of a bamboo tree.
Old 09-24-2012   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He played a good game. He's always had that in him.

But, verdict is out until we see a full season from the guy. And some of the plays need to be in pressure situations, as that seemed to be when his mistakes glared at us.
Old 09-24-2012   #7
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think the Ravens offense is a better fit for him. Plus he's not being overshadowed by Andre Johnson now. He's seeing more targets, and he's running simple routes in a fast-paced no-huddle offense.

I think the thing that has surprised me the most is his hands. Punt returns aside, I don't think I've seen him drop a pass, and he's using his hands versus his body a lot more often.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2012   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He looked good last night, but it's mainly b/c he's a true WR third option in their offense. Here, our 3rd options are primarily blockers. That & Flacco throws it up for grabs more than any other qb i've seen. If something happens with Boldin/Smith we'll see if his strips have truly changed when more is asked of him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, he muffed a punt towards the end of the game, but he was able to jump on it so it wasn't a turnover. That play made me feel really good about him not being a Texan anymore.
Old 09-24-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Yet. Another. Weekly. Jacoby. Thread.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

I sense this is going to be the case any time he does anything.
Old 09-24-2012   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Also, he muffed a punt towards the end of the game, but he was able to jump on it so it wasn't a turnover. That play made me feel really good about him not being a Texan anymore.
And Al Michaels was quick to mention a previous Jacoby Jones fumbled punt on that same field.
Old 09-24-2012   #13
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the ayatollah palm!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #14
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
lol! Yeah, showboating an incomplete pass says it all.
Old 09-24-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Yet you had to come in and post, didn't you? chuckle
Old 09-24-2012   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Classic overreaction here. The guy has played in 3 games so far. He hasn't set the league on fire. He played an atrocious secondary that has been bad for several years now.

Jacoby didn't take his job seriously here. He was a knucklehead that didn't work hard and refused to focus. He was kicked off the team through trade. Maybe that woke him up as it does other athletes. We'll see. But to criticize the Texans is simply not valid. They gave Jacoby way to many chances, and he shouldn't have ever gotten resigned.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a Ravens friend and I was telling him that Jacoby has good games here and there but when it's a big money game he mentally can't do it. Plus once he gets a case of the dropsies it takes him forever to move on from it.

He will cost you in a big game. Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Classic overreaction here. The guy has played in 3 games so far. He hasn't set the league on fire. He played an atrocious secondary that has been bad for several years now.

Jacoby didn't take his job seriously here. He was a knucklehead that didn't work hard and refused to focus. He was kicked off the team through trade. Maybe that woke him up as it does other athletes. We'll see. But to criticize the Texans is simply not valid. They gave Jacoby way to many chances, and he shouldn't have ever gotten resigned.
yeah, you can't criticize the Texans. They were extremely patient with him and gave him more than a fair share of chances. They were on the verge of fan mutiny when he was finally cut.

I was arguing with a friend the other day that was dogging the Texans for not keeping Jason Babin. He wanted to argue that Babin was only on two other teams, so I looked it up to prove him wrong. He's been on 5 NFL teams.

You can't blame a team for giving up on a player that showed no signs of being what they might evolve into. Sometimes what makes a player better is getting cut and having to analyze themselves with a new team(s).
Old 09-24-2012   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, you can't criticize the Texans. They were extremely patient with him and gave him more than a fair share of chances. They were on the verge of fan mutiny when he was finally cut.

I was arguing with a friend the other day that was dogging the Texans for not keeping Jason Babin. He wanted to argue that Babin was only on two other teams, so I looked it up to prove him wrong. He's been on 5 NFL teams.

You can't blame a team for giving up on a player that showed no signs of being what they might evolve into. Sometimes what makes a player better is getting cut and having to analyze themselves with a new team(s).
Oh, I've heard that same garbage as well with Babin. This Eagles fan tried telling me I didn't know crap, because I told him not to get to excited about Babin after that one big season in Tennessee. He has played well in Philly, but Babin was another guy here who the Texans invested a lot into and were extremely patient with. Babin didn't work hard. Babin got paid a ton of money for being an early pick and didn't take his job seriously until "he had to" after being on several teams. Sometimes that's what it takes to wake a guy up. Hell, Randy Moss has had to have that happen to him twice in his career after the Raiders and that one season where the Pats dumped him and he landed on 3 teams and couldn't get signed last season. Now he is all of a sudden playing hard again. Like I told you before, I talked at length with a girl who grew up around Jacoby, and she told me that he has always been a piece of work. That was always my opinion of him while he was here. She just confirmed it. Maybe the guy has a good season, but even if so I wouldn't hold my breath on him keeping it up. He is wet behind the ears.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read