Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2012   #21
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Suspend the coach and the player
Old 09-23-2012   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub getting a Xray

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
And what have we done about it?

You don't wait too find out the league isn't going to do ****e because you are not a coastal team. You hurt somebody and make these coaches think three times, not just twice, before they pull that kind of crap on your team again.
You can't retaliate against Manning. He and Brady enjoy a preference where calls are concerned that rivals some NBA players. You go after him and you will see suspensions come down. Of that I have no doubt. You also can't go telling players to retaliate in this day and age.

If I was a member of the Texans OL though I wouldn't have any qualms about rolling up on some Denver ankles after those two hits on my QB. If the Texans don't want to do that I can't fault them for it. They're professionals. At the same time there's a "book" on how to beat most, make that every team in the NFL. Teams follow those plans to the best of their ability and one of the reasons I think Schaub is injured so much is that defenses know that getting to him hard will take him out of his game. They're going to keep coming until someone makes them pay for doing it.
Old 09-23-2012   #23
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's been an effective strategy. I'm not questioning that. I like my NFL with QB's having to take hits just like the next guy. I'm just pointing out that over the years I've watched Del Rio coached teams and defenses now plant Matt's shoulder in the turf, hit him late over and over again, and basically walk the line between legal and illegal contact for years now. The man coaches a dirty defense and always has.
You're right, but if Kubiak's going to continue calling deep passes into the 4th quarter then Schaub's gonna get some hits. I'm not blaming Kubiak necessarily, but games like this are going to happen with his offense. NFL d-coordinators are not typically gentle souls in case you haven't noticed.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #24
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Schaub getting a Xray

Don't want to hijack this thread, but what happened to get Duane Brown so upset near the end of the game? It was the scuffle after Arian Foster's carry. I couldn't see what happened, but Brown was really ticked off.
Old 09-23-2012   #25
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Texans‏@HoustonTexans

Schaub said "he's fine" despite big hit, and he only was cut on/by his left ear. #TexansGamrday

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
All good
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #26
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can't retaliate against Manning. He and Brady enjoy a preference where calls are concerned that rivals some NBA players. You go after him and you will see suspensions come down. Of that I have no doubt. You also can't go telling players to retaliate in this day and age.
Hell, the cops would probably come and arrest you on the sideline, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #27
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The way it ought to be, Peyton should have been refusing to go back out onto the field after what he saw them do to Schaub, out of fear for his own safety.
I've never seen either Manning be very fearful of anything. And certainly neither Gary nor Wade is going to condone or tolerate dirty play. Eventually it just results in costly penalties.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2012   #28
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

610 just said X-rays on left shoulder negative!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #29
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
610 just said X-rays on left shoulder negative!
Good for Matt.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #30
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

He might not have any broken bones, but he's going to be hurting for a while. He took some vicious illegal hits today.
Old 09-23-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

@FakeChuckNorris...Schaub X-ray revealed significant finding.

Old 09-23-2012   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, particularly since even mild contact with "His Peyton-ness" results in a 15 yard roughing the passer call. No sense rolling out the red carpet for him like that.
No kidding .... Tho I wouldnt mind a shot to split Delrio's wig.

How bout that PI call in the endzone on Jackson .... Perfect coverage , the reciever makes the contact and the defender gets penalized.

I dont think another QB outside of maybe Brady or Rodgers gets that call.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #33
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
He might not have any broken bones, but he's going to be hurting for a while. He took some vicious illegal hits today.
Yeah , he took some big shots today .... Not only did he take big shots but he stood in the pocket and delivered accurate passes while getting clobbered.

Better not a soul question the toughness of Schaub after that performance or I might have to test their chin.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #34
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Whew, good to hear he is OK.

Go Matt!!!
Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #35
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub should be fine. I know we play Tennessee next wk and should get after Locker but I'm already looking towards the Jets game and looks like Revis has a torn ACL
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #36
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Schaub should be fine. I know we play Tennessee next wk and should get after Locker but I'm already looking towards the Jets game and looks like Revis has a torn ACL
I cant wait to see us lay the "smacketh down on their candy a$$es"

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to say there is any significant damage to his shoulder, but acute plain Xrays of the shoulder will usually only show an overt fracture if present. Hair line fractures or ligament damage are unlikely to be diagnosed now without an MRI.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #38
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , he took some big shots today .... Not only did he take big shots but he stood in the pocket and delivered accurate passes while getting clobbered.

Better not a soul question the toughness of Schaub after that performance or I might have to test their chin.
Crazy also because he isnt playing for a new contract either.
Old 09-23-2012   #39
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
I appreciate unguarded enthusiasm from my fellow Texans fans, but cheering an opponent's career-threatening injury is kinda classless. Just sayin'....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #40
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Not to say there is any significant damage to his shoulder, but acute plain Xrays of the shoulder will usually only show an overt fracture if present. Hair line fractures or ligament damage are unlikely to be diagnosed now without an MRI.
Way to ruin my victory buzz cloak.....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read