Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2012   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jjo... what's up?

I heard fatass errrr John McLame on the radio this morning while taking my kids to school ..... His exact words " J.Jo played the game of his career"

I usually dont agree with McHeavybreather ..... but he isnt far off with that statement , That has to be one of the best games J.Jo has played ... at least since joining the Texans.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I swear some of you guys can't help but to show how little you actually know about football.
I agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I agree...... I bet there probably isn't another game all season where Peyton will complete half or less of his passes.
As long as there isn't another team with Jj Watt, you're probably right.
Old 09-24-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
There's having an opinion, and then there's having an opinion that is so off base with the facts of the situation that your dumbassery should be called out...

Did he play awesome? No...but JJo had an overall good game, mostly against a rising receiver in this league...

Big face-palm for this one...
Just want to point out, my dumbassery is simply saying that Jjo did not have a great game. Pretty much the same thing you said (in bold) call it semantics, but we're saying the same thing. Some people are saying his play in this game would seal an All-Pro spot this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
You could send in the game film from this game and Joseph would secure himself an All-Pro slot.
He played absolutely outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
J-Jo played great as usual.
A little bit of the pass rush, a little bit of Peyton fading, a little bit of Demarius Thomas (sp) dropping balls had more to do with "shutting down" Thomas, than Jjo. If that were Kareem that played like that, you guys would be ready to ride him out of town.

Jjo set a standard last year. So far, he hasn't lived up to it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
J Jo played almost exclusively on Demaryius Thomas. Thomas's stat line ended up being 11 targets but only had 3 receptions for 34 yards, that's a pretty good game by Joseph...
Well yeah... unless you watched the game that is.
Old 09-24-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I heard fatass errrr John McLame on the radio this morning while taking my kids to school ..... His exact words " J.Jo played the game of his career"

I usually dont agree with McHeavybreather ..... but he isnt far off with that statement , That has to be one of the best games J.Jo has played ... at least since joining the Texans.
You don't normally agree with McClain.

But this time he got it right?

C'mon man, take off them rose colored glasses. Watch the highlights, when they showed Manning's miscues, he's throwing to a wide open Thomas with Jjo out of position. The incompletion had nothing to do with Jjo unless we're saying Thomas dropped balls because he "expected" Jjo to get a hand in there & over compensated.
Old 09-24-2012   #45
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgbmedic View Post
I would think that as a DB in this game they should have been reading Mannings eyes. It is hughly obvious he stares down his reciever. That would have provided for a more entertaining game for all Texans.
I agree with you, and I think that will lead the speech at Peyton's first ballot, hall of fame induction. "We are here to honor a man who despite his "hughly[sic] obvious" habit of staring down his receivers has challenged the game by being one of the best QBs ever....

cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He had a rough game today, benefited quite a bit from the pass rush & drops. Is he hurt or something?

HUH??? Whoa! Maybe I was too drunk when I watched the game yesterday, but I'm currently re-watching it.

Without trying to sound like a prick, maybe you should too.
Old 09-24-2012   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
You don't normally agree with McClain.

But this time he got it right?

C'mon man, take off them rose colored glasses. Watch the highlights, when they showed Manning's miscues, he's throwing to a wide open Thomas with Jjo out of position. The incompletion had nothing to do with Jjo unless we're saying Thomas dropped balls because he "expected" Jjo to get a hand in there & over compensated.
JUP!!!! Pancakes got it right this time. Don't worry though, the Sun shines on a dogs ass, some days!!
Old 09-24-2012   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He had a rough game today, benefited quite a bit from the pass rush & drops. Is he hurt or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

HUH??? Whoa! Maybe I was too drunk when I watched the game yesterday, but I'm currently re-watching it.

Actually, when the Fiddler put up his first comment, he had a point.
However, saying that J Jo had a rough game was at best a very long stretch.

Yes, he did benifit from the pass rush and some drops.

On top of that, he had some timely safety help, too.

There was a moment that J Jo looked into the backfield and got beat deep (but the ball went elsewhere).

His first pass-defend was a PI, but with his smart and his good name, he was able to push the envelope and got away with it.

To say that J Jo had his career game is just like McLame, sorry guys!
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing I want to reiterate:

Some posters had mentioned before the game that it would be good for Wade to have Kareem guarding the #1 receiver with plenty of safety help to allow J Jo to make play in one-on-one against the #2 receiver.

It was not what we did last year or this year.

I am a thousand per cent firm on this.

We've put more pressure (pass rush) on J Jo's side and we have had more safety help on J Jo's side on the #1 receiver.

It's not an astounding difference, but it is quite noticeable (if you chart each and every play.)

Why? I'm not sure. I have certain ideas, but I would rather not guess.
If only the journalists can pose that question to Wade.
Old 09-25-2012   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JUP!!!! Pancakes got it right this time. Don't worry though, the Sun shines on a dogs ass, some days!!
^^^^
This

Even KJ wasn't the whipping boy for Manning like usual. KJ had an avg game. Which is above avg for him.

The DB that had a great game was Quin. IMHO He was all over the place.

Even with the drops, holding Thomas to 3 catches on 11 targets is a great game. Thomas is an up and coming stud.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

this may be one of the worst threads ever

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #52
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1022 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
this may be one of the worst threads ever
J JO is playing at a all pro level.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #53
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield
Quote:
CB Johnathan Joseph (groin) did not practice today. Kubiak said he should be back tomorrow #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

I've watched it three times already, same conclusion. He was playing better last year. I don't know if he's trying to do too much, trying to live up to last year, or if he has some kind of medical issue, personal issue, or what.

He made two good plays, & one of those should have been called for PI. Other than that... eh.

I'm not saying that he struggled, or played poorly. I think that is where the disconnect is here. But I stand by my original statement, he played at a much higher level last season.
Old 09-27-2012   #55
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Quote:
Texans hopeful he'll play RT @HoustonTexans: Johnathan Joseph limited, status unclear for Wk 4 (via @NickScurfield):
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

What do you guys think about the TD to Stokley in the 4th qtr?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201209...ghts&tab=recap

It looks like a Richard Smith/Frank Bush defense to me.

Seems like JJo, Demps, and McCain didn't have it together.

And the 4-man pass rush (against 6 blockers) gave Manning plenty of time to throw the pass. 3 secs and nobody was remotely close to provide any kind of pressure.
Old 09-30-2012   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

And the 4-man pass rush (against 6 blockers) gave Manning plenty of time to throw the pass. 3 secs and nobody was remotely close to provide any kind of pressure.
I agree. And not just that play.

I understand the natural tendency to pull back when you're nursing a big lead, but id prefer it if the defense stays reasonably aggressive.

Not going to criticize wade too much because we could have executed better, but good teams aren't going to quit. We need to step on necks. (figuratively)
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I agree. And not just that play.

I understand the natural tendency to pull back when you're nursing a big lead, but id prefer it if the defense stays reasonably aggressive.

Not going to criticize wade too much because we could have executed better, but good teams aren't going to quit. We need to step on knecks. (figuratively)
Yeah, I thought Wade took his foot off the pedal a little too early for my liking.
(He didn't do that against the Dolphins.)

At least throw in some zone dogs to make the pass rush less predictable, IMO.
Old 09-30-2012   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Gee actually it amazes me, I've had Colt fans tell me that they don't ever remember Peyton being harrassed that much or frustrated as much as we were able to pressure him. Since they watched him during his entire career, I'm also going to take their word. I also record alot of shows like AFC playbook and strictly remember them talking about our man to man coverage which goes against everything our previous coaches taught so what are you talking about?

Were there dropped passes in the game, Yes there were multiple drops in the game, but the pressure up front also helped force those throws and drops. Did you happen to watch the "football life, Tom Coughlin" episode? In the words of Bill Parcells.. You don't just get lucky, you create your own luck and this team is doing that every Sunday. McCain was the only guy who I thought struggled last Sunday and since Stokely and Peyton can pretty much finish each other's sentences, I'm not that surprised. I had no problem with Kareem or Joseph (The PI call on Kareem was absolute crap).

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-30-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #60
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

jjo could have had 2 INTs jumping routes and broke up that pass to thomas from behind him. all in man, maybe your expectations are a bit too high, jjo wasnt perfect last year and he isnt perfect this year. but overall he shuts shiit down and keeps big plays to a minimum.. he and kareem give wade the freedom to leave his cbs on an island and send the rush. its a risk, guys will get open, your line wont always get to the qb..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read