Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-15-2011   #1
NYCTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of Famer
Default NYC - Texans game watching party

So, we finally got a bar to be our home so we hope you can come out and join us.

The bar is in the lower east side, alphabet city area on Avenue B between 2nd and 3rd Street. Its called the Idle Hands Bar.

www.idlehandsbar.com

We are growing in numbers so join us tonight at 8 PM.
NYCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NYC - Texans game watching party

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTexan View Post
So, we finally got a bar to be our home so we hope you can come out and join us.

The bar is in the lower east side, alphabet city area on Avenue B between 2nd and 3rd Street. Its called the Idle Hands Bar.

www.idlehandsbar.com

YA'LL have a FANtastic time!! Thank you for being such a loyal and great fan, and most of all tonight, THANKS for not pulling for the JETS!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

www.idlehandsbar.com

This post reminds me of RENT .. next time I'm up in the city, I'll have to buy you a drink! I try to go about 3-4 times a year. Love it there
Old 08-25-2011   #4
NYCTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of Famer

525600 minutes ago we never had a bar to play our games. HA!

Come on out to the games....would love to have you.

@NYC_Texan on twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/NYC_Texan
Old 08-26-2011   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You all be careful up there! Looks like IRENE will keep ya company during the game this week!

All kidding aside, PLEASE stay out of harms way, don't take chances with this hurricaine! You all are in my thoughts and prayers. A Cat-2 storm can be HELL. Just ask some of us TEXANS about IKE!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #6
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
525600 minutes ago we never had a bar to play our games. HA!

Come on out to the games....would love to have you.

@NYC_Texan on twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/NYC_Texan
I know for a fact I saw the Texans/Steelers 2008 season opener at Hill Country (http://www.hillcountryny.com/) in Manhattan. Whether they still do that or not, I don't know. However, good to know that if I make a trip during the season, I have a bar to watch the game.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #7
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

ZX758 and I will be up there for opening day. Sucks we are season ticket holders and won't be at the game but look forward to seeing the NYC Texans fans

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

www.idlehandsbar.com

Ummmm, yeah. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and post some pictures... That would be greeeaaaaaat!

Old 09-05-2011   #9
texanskan
Veteran

Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in, got a group of about 5 of us.

Old 09-05-2011   #10
NYCTexan
Rookie

Very very happy to hear that we have a bunch of people joining from back home. We made it through the hurricane with no problems - We are Texans afterall. I am from Sugar Land and live in Manhattan now.

We are good to go for this Sunday in Manhattan.

For those not familiar with the city, there are several subways which take you close. The F train takes you just south of the bar while the L train takes you a little north of the bar.

Idle Hands Bar is in Alphabet City because its east of the avenues. I will be wearing a number 90 Mario jersey.

Lastly, check out TexansChick's blog on the Chronicle sometime this week as she is detailing several fan groups popping up around the country.
http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/
Old 09-06-2011   #11
NYCTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I know for a fact I saw the Texans/Steelers 2008 season opener at Hill Country (http://www.hillcountryny.com/) in Manhattan. Whether they still do that or not, I don't know. However, good to know that if I make a trip during the season, I have a bar to watch the game.
Yeah, Hill Country is a popular spot but they wont play the Texans on their big screen if they are up against the Cowboys/Jets/Giants. In that order...
Old 09-06-2011   #12
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

They'll put the Girls on BEFORE their own teams? Sad!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #13
NYCTexan
Rookie

Well, only if there are some Cowboys fans in the place. Its a Texas themed bbq joint with Blue Bell ice cream, Lone Star beer and Big Red.

But usually, its first come first served and they will only play the Texans if you ask.
Old 09-08-2011   #14
NYCTexan
Rookie

http://www.zagat.com/buzz/nyc-sports...-your-nfl-team
Old 09-09-2011   #15
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish there was a NYC Texans fan group with watch parties when I lived in Manhattan between 2003-2006. Back then it was a chore to find a place to watch the game. Luckily, I worked for the developer of the building I lived in which had DirecTV in the media room. I was able to order Sunday Ticket and if I was the first one down there I could watch the game.

Other times, I would be the only guy in a bar with Texans gear on. I'd have one small TV to watch the game on with no sound. Being able to get Sunday Ticket on your computer and having watch parties is something I wish I had when I lived there. I went to a Jets-Texans game and the Jets fans sitting next to me viewed me liked I was some exotic creature as they never had come across a Texans fan before.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #16
NYCTexan
Rookie

Fantastic opening weekend at the Texans bar in Manhattan. About 20 people showed up and many of them from this board or from Zagat's website.

I will be posting pictures soon.
Old 09-15-2011   #17
texanskan
Veteran

I'm back in the H, it was tons of fun but I left right after the game due to lack of tv's to watch the other games but will be back there next time I am in the NYC. Great meeting everyone!

Old 10-27-2011   #18
NYCTexan
Rookie

Just wanted to get this thread back to the top. We are going strong as the official and maybe only Texans bar in New York. If you are in the area - Jersey, Connecticut, Long Island - come on out.

Idle Hands Bar - Avenue B between 2nd and 3rd Street on the lower east side.
Old 11-01-2011   #19
orod3
Rookie

We will be in NYC for the Texans vs Browns game and are looking for a place to watch the game. Thanks Wondering if many places will show the Texans now that they are doing better?
orod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #20
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

There are Texans fans in New York? Kick ass!
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read