Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014   #1941
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Manziel

& with the first selection of the 2014 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select:
Quote:
Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M: His game and personality will draw plenty of scrutiny over the next three months. But given his unique talent, Lone Star State roots and Houston's hole under center, Manziel could be the perfect pick at No. 1.
Not exactly "national" news, & I knew sooner or later someone was going to mock JFF to us with the #1 overall. This just happens to be the first one I saw. Not very insightful, seems like the only qualification is that he has Houston roots, so..... grain of salt.

What I found most interesting, is that he mocks Clowney to the Jags. I'd have figured they'd have had us taken the local kid (this is a South Carolina news afiliate)..... if not I'd have thought he would let him fall to a better situation like Atlanta.

My thoughts on Manziel at 1-1... I don't like it & it reeks of McNair's marketing machine, though I never really thought it existed. I like Manziel & will root for him to do great things in the NFL (I still root for Kolb, McCoy, Harrell, & I'm hoping against hope Keenum makes it in Houston), but these things never work.

He's only been starting for two years, & so far it looks like everything has come easily for him. He's talented as all get-out, I believe he's a natural leader. I like his mechanics, I like his arm, I like his gunslinger attitude... but I don't think he's earned the #1 overall selection. Like Jamarcus Russell & Vince Young (#3 overall) these guys will crash hard when they realize what's expected of them as an NFL QB.

Yeah, I'm sure the Aggie fans will say this is what he was born for. He will succeed at this level like he's succeeded at every other level... but it doesn't work that way. I think it would be better for Manziel if he falls in the draft...... maybe to the Cardinals (20) or Chiefs (23) & he starts his NFL career as 2nd string.

Even if we draft him in the second round, he's being drafted to be our starter. We'll go through a mock QB competition in camp & he'll "win" & it'll ruin him.
Old 02-03-2014   #1942
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
so far it looks like everything has come easily for him. .
You must not know much about Manziel because nothing has come easy for him going all the way back to his freshman year in high school.
Old 02-04-2014   #1943
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Just another talking point:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wri...-has-a-problem

Quote:
This is a smokescreen, what the Houston Texans are doing with Blake Bortles. It's a bluff, what owner Bob McNair has been saying about Jadeveon Clowney.

Either that, or it's stupid.

Because it's absurd, the idea that the Texans are seriously considering taking anyone not named Johnny Manziel.

The Texans don't just need to take Manziel with the No. 1 overall pick. They have to take Manziel. They have no other choice, for reasons that are football and business and public relations.

Having the No. 1 overall draft choice, in Houston, in the exact year that the south Texas supernova known as Johnny F---ing Football has entered the draft? That takes all the pressure off the Texans, because there is no other choice. In part, because there is no other choice.
Old 02-04-2014   #1944
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Was that idiot born in 2007?
Old 02-04-2014   #1945
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Was that idiot born in 2007?
I think they just took a Vince Young article, pushed the keys for find and replace and entered 'Vince Young' 'Johnny Football'
Old 02-04-2014   #1946
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Johnny Manziel and his friend Charlie Dina, a cancer survivor, at Dec Mr Room benefit at Tootsie's

What the media doesn't want you to see. Despite his reputation, Johnny was very involved in charity work for young cancer patients and helped raise over 50K for Charlie Dina and other needy children.

http://thejohnnyweknow.tumblr.com
Old 02-04-2014   #1947
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
What the media doesn't want you to see.
A conspiracy against Johnny?

When are the secret meetings, before or after the meeting on whether to suppress the story that Manning is an hermaphrodite?
Old 02-04-2014   #1948
matts290
Veteran

Quote:

When are the secret meetings, before or after the meeting on whether to suppress the story that Manning is an hermaphrodite?
You know good and well what I mean; the media never reported this kind of stuff because it didn't fit the bad boy rebel image they wanted to give Manziel.
Old 02-04-2014   #1949
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You should come we have Bud Light .

Round Dan
Old 02-04-2014   #1950
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
You know good and well what I mean; the media never reported this kind of stuff because it didn't fit the bad boy rebel image they wanted to give Manziel.
The media ignores 99% of this stuff other than in doing profile pieces because everyone around with high draft hopes is doing it. Manziel isn't being oppressed.
Old 02-04-2014   #1951
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The media hardly ever says anything positive. Negativity is where the money is at and you get more sensitive when it's against someone you champion . Which means you pay no attention until it hits home and then you get peepeeitis .

JFF biggest mark against him is he'll probably measure 5'10.5 .

Round Dan
Old 02-04-2014   #1952
matts290
Veteran

Quote:
The media ignores 99% of this stuff other than in doing profile pieces because everyone around with high draft hopes is doing it. Manziel isn't being oppressed.
Manziel's relationship with Charlie Dina dates back to before he was even a Heisman candidate, this is more than just a publicity stunt to give him good press leading up to draft day. His work with young cancer patients is a genuine passion of his and he spent a lot of time during his career at A&M devoted to helping and fund raising for children with cancer. I never said he was being oppressed, nor that the Illumanti was out to get him, just simply posting some factual information on a player which this board is lacking as of late.
Old 02-04-2014   #1953
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for Manziel.
Old 02-04-2014   #1954
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

^ what the fellow Aggie said. It's not that Manziel is being conspired against by the Bohemian Grove or something, it's just that Manziel being a bad boy = money story, Manziel doing charity work = not so much. It's just an image thing. He's not as much of a raging douche as the media would like to portray, IMO, but as with all public figures who really knows?
Old 02-04-2014   #1955
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
^ what the fellow Aggie said. It's not that Manziel is being conspired against by the Bohemian Grove or something, it's just that Manziel being a bad boy = money story, Manziel doing charity work = not so much. It's just an image thing. He's not as much of a raging douche as the media would like to portray, IMO, but as with all public figures who really knows?
My nephew went to A&M and has come in contact with Manziel numerous times and says pretty much the same thing ....

meh , Bridgewater in one hand , Manziel in the other .... flip a coin already and lets move on.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 02-04-2014   #1956
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
meh , Bridgewater in one hand , Manziel in the other .... flip a coin already and lets move on.
No ****! I'm tired of this already. I mean really, what else can be said? I wish the combine would hurry up and get here.
Old 02-05-2014   #1957
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans MUST TAKE Manziel.

Ryan Leaf 2.0

No thanks.
Old 02-05-2014   #1958
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Both you folks sound silly for dropping other players' names on Manziel. Let him be who he is without lame ass labels.

Understand wanting him here (LB) and not wanting him here (DX), but don't be lazy.
Old 02-05-2014   #1959
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 02-05-2014   #1960
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

In before the move.

... and no, the Texans DON'T HAVE TO TAKE Manziel. There's plenty of options they can chose from and multiple different ways they can go with their first round pick.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read