Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014   #1321
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Can't wait for this kid to get drafted and end this silly thread.
Old 01-07-2014   #1322
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I went back and watched highlights of his games against LSU where they showed all of his plays. The first game, he looked to run first a lot. Didn't scan the field as much, but still made some great plays against that defense. The second game, he would drop back and avoid pressure, but kept his eyes downfield. It was clearly much better than his first game against them. He has some great instincts and an arm. I don't know what this bs is about him not having an arm.
Old 01-08-2014   #1323
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I went back and watched highlights of his games against LSU where they showed all of his plays. The first game, he looked to run first a lot. Didn't scan the field as much, but still made some great plays against that defense. The second game, he would drop back and avoid pressure, but kept his eyes downfield. It was clearly much better than his first game against them. He has some great instincts and an arm. I don't know what this bs is about him not having an arm.
He got absolutely no help from his receivers during that game (or at least from my POV in the student section... ). There was also a Texans scout there, so that was interesting.

EDIT: You know, I never did post those pictures. Here they are:

1) http://i.imgur.com/brzaker.jpg

2) http://i.imgur.com/UNxzpBk.jpg

3) http://i.imgur.com/6ZqHUF4.jpg

4) http://i.imgur.com/kIrWA14.jpg

5) http://i.imgur.com/XVMCXkN.jpg

Anyone recognize him?
Old 01-08-2014   #1324
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
That is pretty much all he does.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
I agree. That **** ain't gonna fly in the NFL.
Old 01-08-2014   #1325
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I agree. That **** ain't gonna fly in the NFL.
yeah, never got the hype about this play either...you can get away with it on this level..not so much in the NFL.
Old 01-08-2014   #1326
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the way the kid said "I can't wait to get out of College Station" then acted as if he had to debate whether or not he was going to the pros. I wish him luck in the NFL because he clearly has no future as an actor. Welcome to the NFL draft Tim Tebow 2.0. Good luck. Truthfully...I could care less.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 01-08-2014   #1327
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I love the way the kid said "I can't wait to get out of College Station" then acted as if he had to debate whether or not he was going to the pros. I wish him luck in the NFL because he clearly has no future as an actor. Welcome to the NFL draft Tim Tebow 2.0. Good luck. Truthfully...I could care less.
How is manziel anything like Tebow?
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2014   #1328
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycnScL3--T4
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 01-08-2014   #1329
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Wasn't trying to diss the guy. I'm just saying being hyped in college just means linebackers and defensive ends will be gunning for you as soon as you make it to the NFL. Red Grange was a bad muff-hugga too until he made it to the Bears.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 01-08-2014   #1330
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wasn't trying to diss the guy. I'm just saying being hyped in college just means linebackers and defensive ends will be gunning for you as soon as you make it to the NFL. Red Grange was a bad muff-hugga too until he made it to the Bears.
Pretty much every top first round guy is hyped, including Luck, RG3, etc.
Old 01-08-2014   #1331
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
How is manziel anything like Tebow?
The hype & their polarizing effect mainly (you either love em or hate em)....but the "he just wins" thing comes to mind as well....Like Tebow, the hype in particular will probably get Manziel drafted higher than he probably should go as well.

They're also similar in that the best part of their games (running, escapability) will likely not translate as well in the NFL.
Old 01-08-2014   #1332
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Just funning ya partner, I'm a die hard Ag and don't want to see the Texans take him with the 1.1... maybe a trade down and get him later, and he'll still need to sit the bench to learn the NFL system. His skills don't translate to the NFL, but I feel the same about all the QB prospects available this year.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 01-08-2014   #1333
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Just funning ya partner, I'm a die hard Ag and don't want to see the Texans take him with the 1.1... maybe a trade down and get him later, and he'll still need to sit the bench to learn the NFL system. His skills don't translate to the NFL, but I feel the same about all the QB prospects available this year.
I'm a Longhorn fan, and that was the exact way I felt about VY when he was coming out.
Old 01-08-2014   #1334
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, never got the hype about this play either...you can get away with it on this level..not so much in the NFL.
Well it shows you that TB can throw the ball about 45 yards while falling backwards. That's impressive on its own. It reminded me of this Andrew Luck play, but Luck was falling forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gJ5eYmWYtM
Old 01-08-2014   #1335
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Pretty much every top first round guy is hyped, including Luck, RG3, etc.
Not to the level that Tebow-mania or Johnny "Football" are hyped. I think that is how he was comparing the two.
Old 01-08-2014   #1336
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Not to the level that Tebow-mania or Johnny "Football" are hyped. I think that is how he was comparing the two.
Im not so sure Johnny Manziel is really that hyped nation wide , I believe its a regional thing with him.

Tebow on the other hand ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 01-08-2014   #1337
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im not so sure Johnny Manziel is really that hyped nation wide , I believe its a regional thing with him.

Tebow on the other hand ....
Actually I saw him on TMZ Monday and they were talking about him on Sportscenter last night. He's kind of a big deal.
Old 01-08-2014   #1338
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The hype & their polarizing effect mainly (you either love em or hate em)....but the "he just wins" thing comes to mind as well....Like Tebow, the hype in particular will probably get Manziel drafted higher than he probably should go as well.

They're also similar in that the best part of their games (running, escapability) will likely not translate as well in the NFL.
Yeh but imagine tebow with incredible instincts and a legit NFL arm? Manziel has both.
Old 01-08-2014   #1339
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yeh but imagine tebow with incredible instincts and a legit NFL arm? Manziel has both.
Noone questioned tebows arm strength...accuracy on the other hand....

VY had incredible instincts & a legit NFL arm..what did it get him in the NFL? Knowing the game is far more important..Not to say Manziel doesn't know the game of course......
Old 01-08-2014   #1340
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Noone questioned tebows arm strength...accuracy on the other hand....

VY had incredible instincts & a legit NFL arm..what did it get him in the NFL? Knowing the game is far more important..Not to say Manziel doesn't know the game of course......
Young had a 3/4 throwing motion also. Plus, his issue was never physical it was mental. Doesn't matter how many tools you have if you don't understand the gameplan and the can't get the playbook.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read