Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014   #1301
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What does that mean?
fify = "Fixed it for you"
'Cak has a notorious pet peeve for misspellings of the word y'all.
Old 01-07-2014   #1302
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
fify = "Fixed it for you"
'Cak has a notorious pet peeve for misspellings of the word y'all.
Thanks. That's funny
Old 01-07-2014   #1303
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
You mean like the last touchdown he threw against Alabama game last year and the last one he threw against Duke in the bowl game?

In fact, out of his 30 completions in the bowl game NOT ONE was a "jump ball" throw.

Haters just gonna blindly hate.
* sighs * if i were the only one who thought alot of these things about him, you might be right. But i'm not & you know it. the fact that you can't even admit that it...well, screw the texans koolaid, you've o'ded on the JFF fruit punch.

It's not blind hate & i've explained why i don't like him as a prospect numerous times in this thread & others have joined in on that. You just can't get over the fact that I don't like him as a prospect. The above is what you guys do. pull stats from 1 game & think it's all good. The whole crux of you guys' argument is stats (which we know lie) and the always hilarious "bu bu bu he's exciting!!!!"..

You feel 1 way & i as well as others obviously feel another. Get over it.
Old 01-07-2014   #1304
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What does that mean?
Fixed/Finished It For You
Old 01-07-2014   #1305
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
* sighs * if i were the only one who thought alot of these things about him, you might be right. But i'm not & you know it. the fact that you can't even admit that it...well, screw the texans koolaid, you've o'ded on the JFF fruit punch.

It's not blind hate & i've explained why i don't like him as a prospect numerous times in this thread & others have joined in on that. You just can't get over the fact that I don't like him as a prospect. The above is what you guys do. pull stats from 1 game & think it's all good. The whole crux of you guys' argument is stats (which we know lie) and the always hilarious "bu bu bu he's exciting!!!!"..

You feel 1 way & i as well as others obviously feel another. Get over it.
If I had the time, desire and video equipment, I could put together a video of highlight of him making good throws and it would be much, MUCH longer than one you put that shows him making bad ones.

The issue you can't seem to get that there is a difference between saying "I don't like his style of play because he doesn't do X, Y, Z well" and saying "all he does is throw jump balls to his receivers". You didn't have to respond, but you chose to say "That's all he does" because that is what you truly believe. You painted yourself as a hater with that ignorant comment (among others) and then when people point it out, you claim EVERYONE ELSE has the problem and you are the only one who is being reasonable.

Whatever. You can make as many excuses as you like, and try to backtrack from your statements, but the fact remains that you can't admit Manziel is a pretty good QB that has the tools to be a first round pick and to make it in the NFL.

And for the record, I don't want Houston to draft Manziel with the first pick. Maybe if they trade down.
Old 01-07-2014   #1306
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I had the time, desire and video equipment, I could put together a video of highlight of him making good throws and it would be much, MUCH longer than one you put that shows him making bad ones.

The issue you can't seem to get that there is a difference between saying "I don't like his style of play because he doesn't do X, Y, Z well" and saying "all he does is throw jump balls to his receivers". You didn't have to respond, but you chose to say "That's all he does" because that is what you truly believe. You painted yourself as a hater with that ignorant comment (among others) and then when people point it out, you claim EVERYONE ELSE has the problem and you are the only one who is being reasonable.

Whatever. You can make as many excuses as you like, and try to backtrack from your statements, but the fact remains that you can't admit Manziel is a pretty good QB that has the tools to be a first round pick and to make it in the NFL.

And for the record, I don't want Houston to draft Manziel with the first pick. Maybe if they trade down.
You're a clown....

I should hope you could put together a longer video of him making good throws vs. jump balls for someone who threw the ball 400 times this past year...congratulations... You took what i said LITERALLY. I'm not surprised. Such is the hypersensitivity of JFF fanboys.

What you seem unable to grasp is that I've said it both ways within this very thread. Yet you seem to be the only one who can't take it for some reason......

& lol at "the tools" argument. There are at least 10 guys who enter the draft EVERY YEAR who have "the tools" to make it in the NFL...2-3 usually do go in the 1st and the others are drafted in subsequent rounds. Why is it then that there's such a high failure rate amongst qbs? In other words, tools mean about as much as his stats in the SEC...very little when it comes to playing the position how it needs to be played on the next level.

Yes, i said what i said b/c i firmly believe it to a certain degree...and? Deal with it...not everyone is head over heels in love with your boy and all his stats.
Old 01-07-2014   #1307
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol, ya'll can get mad, but deep down, ya'll know Mike Evans erases alot of WTF throws for that dude...You'd never condone many of those throws if you were his coach.
Call me crazy, but I believe it is more Manziel making Evans look like a superstar than the other way around. I have watched every single friggin game Evans has played in an Aggie uniform and while being supremely gifted athletically, the guy is a bit of a headcase and doesn't always show up when the team needs him. Just take a look at what Manziel did for the career of former Aggie Women's Basketball practice player Travis Labhart.

Honestly, I really don't think you have any clue what you are talking about.
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2014   #1308
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What does that mean?
fixed it for you

christ maybe I should refresh the screen every so often
Old 01-07-2014   #1309
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnny Manziel picks representation

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
Quote:
BREAKING: Johnny Manziel has chosen @SSGFootball & @mavcarter, LeBron's business partner, to rep him for contract & marketing.

Last edited by Playoffs; 01-07-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2014   #1310
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For the record, that level of investment wouldn't be necessary; you could just as easily watch cutups of his games and just make a note of the time on the video when he makes a certain pass. I did the same thing in a Clowney thread for his game against UNC to point out how many times he was double-teamed/chipped.
Old 01-07-2014   #1311
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're a clown....

I should hope you could put together a longer video of him making good throws vs. jump balls for someone who threw the ball 400 times this past year...congratulations... You took what i said LITERALLY. I'm not surprised. Such is the hypersensitivity of JFF fanboys.

What you seem unable to grasp is that I've said it both ways within this very thread. Yet you seem to be the only one who can't take it for some reason......

& lol at "the tools" argument. There are at least 10 guys who enter the draft EVERY YEAR who have "the tools" to make it in the NFL...2-3 usually do go in the 1st and the others are drafted in subsequent rounds. Why is it then that there's such a high failure rate amongst qbs? In other words, tools mean about as much as his stats in the SEC...very little when it comes to playing the position how it needs to be played on the next level.

Yes, i said what i said b/c i firmly believe it to a certain degree...and? Deal with it...not everyone is head over heels in love with your boy and all his stats.
As usual your post consist of nothing but Mindless drivel. Stemp just made you his message board ***** and the best comeback you could produce is "your a clown". I think it's obvious who the clown here is.

Me teX =
Old 01-07-2014   #1312
Yaky
Rookie

Rep Power: 1001 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As usual your post consist of nothing but Mindless drivel. Stemp just made you his message board ***** and the best comeback you could produce is "your a clown". I think it's obvious who the clown here is.

Me teX =
How many jump balls did he threw to Swope last year? LOL at the clowns who claim that all Manziel does is throwing jump balls to Evans
Old 01-07-2014   #1313
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Johnny Manziel picks representation

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
Well I'm glad he didn't sit on this decision too long or else it might look like he didn't want to be an NFL QB...
Old 01-07-2014   #1314
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
How many jump balls did he threw to Swope last year?
Those were all concussion balls.
Old 01-07-2014   #1315
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're a clown....

Quote:
You took what i said LITERALLY. I'm not surprised.
Yeah, silly me. Taking what you say at face value, when you actually really mean something totally different THIS TIME, even though you've made arguments supporting the statement time and again.

You want to talk about clowns, take a good hard look in the mirror.

Old 01-07-2014   #1316
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well I'm glad he didn't sit on this decision too long or else it might look like he didn't want to be an NFL QB...
What's this mean for Uncle Nate ?
Old 01-07-2014   #1317
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24336 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep! 99% of his criticism is just hate. People either don't like Manziel the person or they despise the attention that he's drawn.
Be honest. There's a large faction that hates anything A&M. I understand. I hate anything Longhorn outside of Earl.
Old 01-07-2014   #1318
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24336 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol, ya'll can get mad, but deep down, ya'll know Mike Evans erases alot of WTF throws for that dude...You'd never condone many of those throws if you were his coach.
Would you suggest he not throw to a receiver who can make those plays because other player won't be able to make them? Come to think of it, that's what we did with Hopkins. After proving his ability, we stopped using his skills.
Old 01-07-2014   #1319
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Evans is a big part of Manziel's success this year, but that's ignoring JFF's ability to make average guys look really good, like the 3 TD passes to Labheart, or his production with Ryan Swopes. Laying his success at the feet of Evans is missing the point.
Old 01-07-2014   #1320
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

And yes, that was from today.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read