Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014   #1141
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Young had more "wow" plays in the 2006 NC game than Johnny has on his bookshelf.. and that isn't even counting the other Rose Bowl game against Michigan.. so no, he didn't.

And it starts...

2006 all over again.
Yup, same **** different player. Texans always falling in love with the local talent. It's going to be a long offseason.
Old 01-01-2014   #1142
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
Amazing how Manziel haters LIE so much when they try to discredit him.
please show me where the hell I lied?

please point out that LIE..

I'll be sitting here waiting for it.
Old 01-01-2014   #1143
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I don't take "remedial reading classes".. because I don't do things like make up absolute bull**** trying to be "SEC guy" when the SEC was absolute trash back then and the big 12 was the best conference in the nation. Which by the way, how come you still haven't answered that question? do you need to take some remedial reading classes?

As far as stats.. The only bowl games J.F.F played in was the Cotton bowl and the Chik-fil-a bowl. Against OH and Duke.

Vince Young has the top two performances in Rose bowl history. was the most efficient QB in the NCAA, was one of the most successful QBs in the ncaa.. Outside of a Heisman trophy, he had the better college career.

But lets still talk about that SEC vs big 12 record in 05/06 LOL
So, you still can't do it? You know, there's a reason for that.

Funny that your whole premise is bull****, but you act like I'm making something up?

I'm sorry your brain can't wrap itself around BIG-12 THEN vs. SEC - now. I'll go slow for you. End of season top-25 teams in '05 BIG12 - 5 ranked. End of season top-25 teams in '13 for SEC? 6 ranked.

Let us know when you come up with a cognizant argument.

BTW - That's OU, not OH the Aggies destroyed last year.
Old 01-01-2014   #1144
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post

Funny that your whole premise is bull****, but you act like I'm making something up?

I'm sorry your brain can't wrap itself around BIG-12 THEN vs. SEC - now. I'll go slow for you. End of season top-25 teams in '05 BIG12 - 5 ranked. End of season top-25 teams in '13 for SEC? 6 ranked.

LMAO..

wow, so while Vince played in the best conference in football during his time.. Johnny football only had one more team ranked.. damn (both players payed in the best conferences during their time on a collegiate field)

And while Vince was man handling programs like Michigan and the (media hyped) "greatest team ever" USC..in the rose bowl. Johnny football was beating teams like a crappy OU sooners team (I did put the "U" in there right.. sorry for the typo before, maybe next time you won't be a ******* about it) and then having to hope for a comeback vs Duke U.

Damn, I never knew Johnny football (BTW, Gayest nickname ever) fans were so defensive.
Old 01-01-2014   #1145
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

You're almost there. Tell me which QB had better stats versus that level of competition? C'mon, try to be honest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-01-2014   #1146
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're almost there. Tell me which QB had better stats versus that level of competition? C'mon, try to be honest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
How about you save me the time and just tell me.
Old 01-01-2014   #1147
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I dont want the Texans to draft Manziel.

But I would rather them draft Manziel at 1-10 after trading back, than Bridgewater at 1-1.
What don't you like about Manziel? I'd of courser prefer him to be a bit taller but I can live with his size. The only thing that scares me about him is later in the season teams started keeping him in the pocket and limiting his scrambling ability and his performance dropped a bit, BUT he was also playing with a hurt shoulder (from the Auburn game) and I believe a tweaked thumb. It's tough to know if he struggled due to being banged up or if he simply struggles when being forced to stay in the pocket.

The things I really like about him are his field vision and his will to win. Those can be really tough to coach.
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2014   #1148
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

IMHO like college Manziel will be the most exciting player to watch in the NFL. The season ticket holders of the team that drafts Johnny Manziel will be some lucky season ticket holders.
Old 01-01-2014   #1149
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was a bit scared of taking him but I think I'm past that. He's accurate, smart, elusive and a leader. That was a hell of a game topping off a hell of a career at TAMU. O'Brien talks about not needing ideal size to run his offense. Football IQ, ability to communicate, accuracy and leadership are more important to him. I'm slipping to the dark side....I'd be ok with Manziel. Bucky Brooks sure seems enamored with him.
The guy is just a straight up gamer. I wouldn't mind the Texans taking him 1-1, because I don't think he will last out of the top five...
Old 01-01-2014   #1150
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The guy is just a straight up gamer. I wouldn't mind the Texans taking him 1-1, because I don't think he will last out of the top five...
He is Farve and Bree's love child .

Round Dan
Old 01-01-2014   #1151
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright new avi. Brees and Favre mix is a perfect comparison.
Old 01-01-2014   #1152
Yaky
Rookie

Rep Power: 5303 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
please show me where the hell I lied?

please point out that LIE..

I'll be sitting here waiting for it.

Quote:
V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.
Manziel's production in 2 years was better than VY's production in 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
It's really not even close and like it or not the Big 12 in VY's day isn't what the SEC is now .

VY total yards in 3 years ... 9,167 .

JF total yards in 2 years .... 9,989 .
VY's completion % his first year 58.7 Manziel 68.0
VY's completion % his second year 59.2 Manziel 69.9
Old 01-01-2014   #1153
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't know how anyone could watch that game last night and not come away with the impression that Manziel is worthy of being the first pick in the draft. The way he was getting in the faces of his defense, hyping up the players, getting everyone involved, appealing to the crowd, etc. Johnny Football is an f'n gamer. He shows up when it matters.

Some stats for you. Here are Johnny Manziel's combined bowl numbers in his team's two biggest games:

52 of 72 for 669 yards passing 6 TDs 1 INT
28 rushing attempts 302 yards 3 TDs

So in two bowl games, Manziel accounted for 971 yards and 9 TDs. Absolutely insane, video game numbers by Manziel in games in which his team needed him most.

Here's another statistic for you: 0

That is the number of games Manziel missed in his college career. Meanwhile, Robert Griffin III missed 9 games over his 4 years at Baylor. I definitely don't think there would have been many Texans fans unhappy if we had drafted RGIII, yet why is Manziel's slight build held against so unreasonably? He may be a smaller guy out there, but he has a bigger heart and more guts than any other player on the field.

He did what he needed to do. Last night reminded us just how good Johnny Manziel can be. Undoubtedly, he was injured to end the season, but the key is he fought through those issues and came back to get a little retribution in his team's bowl game.

Another stellar performance by Johnny Football.
Old 01-01-2014   #1154
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm sorry your brain can't wrap itself around BIG-12 THEN vs. SEC - now. I'll go slow for you. End of season top-25 teams in '05 BIG12 - 5 ranked. [b]

End of season top-25 teams in '13 for SEC? 6 ranked. [b]

You forgot something. UT went undefeated against their competition, including a national title. A&M went 1-4 against their top 25 competition, beating only #24 Duke. They never played USC or UGa. In fact, UT had a harder strength of schedule in 2013 than A&M did.
Old 01-01-2014   #1155
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
Manziel's production in 2 years was better than VY's production in 3 years.

VY's completion % his first year 58.7 Manziel 68.0
VY's completion % his second year 59.2 Manziel 69.9
soo... where did I lie? You accused me of lying.. Where did I Lie?
Old 01-01-2014   #1156
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
You forgot something. UT went undefeated against their competition, including a national title. A&M went 1-4 against their top 25 competition, beating only #24 Duke. They never played USC or UGa. In fact, UT had a harder strength of schedule in 2013 than A&M did.
The argument is about the QB's not the overall teams. Plus The losses for A&M had little to do with Manziel's play.
Old 01-01-2014   #1157
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel's attitude reminds me of Brady: Arrogant POS. I hope he doesn't have much success in the NFL. Does that mean he's destined to be a Texan?
Old 01-01-2014   #1158
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Manziel's attitude reminds me of Brady: Arrogant POS. ?
Why? What has he done to make you think that?
Old 01-01-2014   #1159
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He is Farve and Bree's butt child .
fixed

I'm sorry, regardless of what I think of his ability. I can't take a grown man who calls himself "Johnny" seriously. There's a time in point where Timmy needs to become Tim, Teddy needs to become Ted, and Johnny needs to become John.

It may sound silly, but let's say we do draft him and he is a great success and has a long career... when he's pushing 40 are we still going to call him Johnny, or "Johnny football"?
Old 01-01-2014   #1160
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
fixed

I'm sorry, regardless of what I think of his ability. I can't take a grown man who calls himself "Johnny" seriously. There's a time in point where Timmy needs to become Tim, Teddy needs to become Ted, and Johnny needs to become John.

It may sound silly, but let's say we do draft him and he is a great success and has a long career... when he's pushing 40 are we still going to call him Johnny, or "Johnny football"?
This post says a lot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read