Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014   #1121
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Still waiting on the answer to my question. Feel free to actually answer it this time.
I did answer it.. feel free to try to explain how the SEC was better than the Big 12? Like you tried to suggest.
Old 01-01-2014   #1122
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnny Football is a great leader .... on the Aggies. Will that carry over to a professional team? His ra-ra leadership style is ideal in highschool and college, but will he, at 21 years of age, be able to 'fire up' the veterans on our team? I just don't see it. I dont' think he has the maturity to succeed in the pros tomorrow.

I think Manziel is an amazing college football quarterback with the ability to push a winning team over the edge. I don't think he's the right guy to stick into a 2-14 team and expect a quick turnaround. A string of 4 or 5 losses and I imagine his 'leadership' is going to get old quickly.

Put me into the camp that doesn't think he'll be successful in the NFL. I don't think his size is conducive to his game, I don't think his best qualities would be good on a team like ours, and I don't think he has particularly strong mechanics.

This isn't a comparison to anyone, and certainly not an endorsement for TB. And at the same time, if we draft him, I'll be cheering like hell that he continues to have games like last night. I've never seen a more exciting college QB than him. He really is amazing. I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up because the NFL would be much better for it.
Old 01-01-2014   #1123
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Johnny Football is a great leader .... on the Aggies. Will that carry over to a professional team? His ra-ra leadership style is ideal in highschool and college, but will he, at 21 years of age, be able to 'fire up' the veterans on our team? I just don't see it. I dont' think he has the maturity to succeed in the pros tomorrow.

I think Manziel is an amazing college football quarterback with the ability to push a winning team over the edge. I don't think he's the right guy to stick into a 2-14 team and expect a quick turnaround. A string of 4 or 5 losses and I imagine his 'leadership' is going to get old quickly.

Put me into the camp that doesn't think he'll be successful in the NFL. I don't think his size is conducive to his game, I don't think his best qualities would be good on a team like ours, and I don't think he has particularly strong mechanics.

This isn't a comparison to anyone, and certainly not an endorsement for TB. And at the same time, if we draft him, I'll be cheering like hell that he continues to have games like last night. I've never seen a more exciting college QB than him. He really is amazing. I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up because the NFL would be much better for it.

Agree 110%.......REP
Old 01-01-2014   #1124
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
When you are quoting and attributing it to someone it should look like this:

[ quote=Carr Bombed;2277060] (without the space)

I see what you did there.....funny.
Old 01-01-2014   #1125
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I did answer it.. feel free to try to explain how the SEC was better than the Big 12? Like you tried to suggest.
You might take some remedial reading classes. Give me the stats that point out VY's superiority. I gave you the links. Still waiting...
Old 01-01-2014   #1126
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I see what you did there.....funny.
I don't think he was trying to be funny, He was just trying to tell the guy how to quote posts.
Old 01-01-2014   #1127
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You might take some remedial reading classes. Give me the stats that point out VY's superiority. I gave you the links. Still waiting...
I assume the obvious one is number of national championships won: 1 - 0.
Old 01-01-2014   #1128
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I assume the obvious one is number of national championships won: 1 - 0.
That's not a VY stat. That's a University of Texas championship, not a VY vs. the world one. VY never dreamed of having a Defense as poor as Johnny has had.
Old 01-01-2014   #1129
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had to pick between JF or VY I'm taking JF . They both only played 2 years and JF dominated from day one . VY is Tebow while JF is Flutie or Archie Manning .
Old 01-01-2014   #1130
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, I don't take "remedial reading classes".. because I don't do things like make up absolute bull**** trying to be "SEC guy" when the SEC was absolute trash back then and the big 12 was the best conference in the nation. Which by the way, how come you still haven't answered that question? do you need to take some remedial reading classes?

As far as stats.. The only bowl games J.F.F played in was the Cotton bowl and the Chik-fil-a bowl. Against OH and Duke.

Vince Young has the top two performances in Rose bowl history. was the most efficient QB in the NCAA, was one of the most successful QBs in the ncaa.. Outside of a Heisman trophy, he had the better college career.

But lets still talk about that SEC vs big 12 record in 05/06 LOL
Old 01-01-2014   #1131
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
quote:
It was the 26th time Manziel scrambled for a first down on third down this season and was the type of athletic play he's made commonplace. Just ask Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, who said Manziel is the best quarterback he's coached against.

"Absolutely," Stoops said. "Because of not only throwing the football, what he does with his feet is just incredibly difficult to handle."

Manziel became the fourth consecutive Heisman Trophy winner -- Mark Ingram, Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III -- to win their ensuing bowl game. But his performance may have been the most impressive. He set an FBS-record for rushing yards in a bowl game by a quarterback with 229. And he nearly became the second FBS player to throw for 300 yards and rush for 200 yards in a game, finishing with 287 yards through the air.

Former Dallas Cowboys VP of player personnel and senior NFL.com writer Gil Brandt tweeted afterwards, "Best performance by [a] player I've ever seen."

The Aggies came out of the locker room nursing a slim, one-point lead. But from the start of the third quarter, Manziel was nearly infallible. In four consecutive drives to start the half, A&M scored four touchdowns, covering 325 yards in just 27 plays.

He made perfect downfield throws to Ryan Swope and Uzoma Nwachukwu. And he continued to keep the OU defense on its heels with highlight-reel runs whenever he could break containment on the edge.

He was the catalyst for turning a competitive game into a laugher, answering any and all questions about the Heisman Trophy winner's readiness in the leadup to the season's finale.

Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops, who has been in the coaching business since 1986, heaped some lofty praise on Manziel in the postgame news conference.

"[He's the] best player I've ever played," Stoops said.
http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/389650...Tim-Tebow.aspx
Old 01-01-2014   #1132
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed
V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.. that should speak volumes.

Why should it speak volumes?
Old 01-01-2014   #1133
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's not a VY stat. That's a University of Texas championship, not a VY vs. the world one. VY never dreamed of having a Defense as poor as Johnny has had.
Sorry, while the rest of the team made plays to put him in position to win it.. ( the 4th and 1 stop on Lendale White comes to mind) That is a VY stat. When you completely take over a game and have 250+ passing yards plus 200+ rushing yards in a championship game you deserve a hell of a lot of credit for your team's outcome.

And as poor as a defense that Johnny ever dreamed of having this year.. let's not kid ourselves here. If that piss poor defense never steps up and holds a team that scored 38 first half points to only 10 second half points while picking off two crucial passes to close out the game.. Johnny never wins that game.
Old 01-01-2014   #1134
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

It's really not even close and like it or not the Big 12 in VY's day isn't what the SEC is now .

VY total yards in 3 years ... 9,167 .

JF total yards in 2 years .... 9,989 .
Old 01-01-2014   #1135
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed
V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.. that should speak volumes.

Why should it speak volumes?
Because VY failed at the next level, which is what I fully expect Manziel to do. I think he's a more reckless player than even VY was and he's going to get hurt with the way he plays.
Old 01-01-2014   #1136
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Because VY failed at the next level, which is what I fully expect Manziel to do. I think he's a more reckless player than even VY was and he's going to get hurt with the way he plays.
VY failed because he thought his high School and college way of playing simplistic football would carry him . He also had bad mechanics which means he couldn't be coached or couldn't learn .
Old 01-01-2014   #1137
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
VY failed because he thought his high School and college way of playing simplistic football would carry him . He also had bad mechanics which means he couldn't be coached or couldn't learn .
Yes I agree.. But it doesn't change the fact that he was one of the greatest college QBs/college athletes which in the midst of the VY hate on this board gets lost. There's been PLENTY of great college players that suck at the next level, it doesn't mean they were crappy college players

And he had a better college career than Manziel.

A decade from now, people aren't going to give a crap about a cotton bowl or a Chik-fil-a bowl against a weak OU or Duke team.
Old 01-01-2014   #1138
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Here's another record that VY set that Manziel won't touch: Lowest ever wonderlic score.

Another significant difference between the two of them is that VY is not intelligent and has a very low football IQ.

I don't see Manziel challenging that record.
Old 01-01-2014   #1139
Yaky
Rookie

Rep Power: 1001 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's really not even close and like it or not the Big 12 in VY's day isn't what the SEC is now .

VY total yards in 3 years ... 9,167 .

JF total yards in 2 years .... 9,989 .
Amazing how Manziel haters LIE so much when they try to discredit him.
Old 01-01-2014   #1140
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Here's another record that VY set that Manziel won't touch: Lowest ever wonderlic score.

Another significant difference between the two of them is that VY is not intelligent and has a very low football IQ.

I don't see Manziel challenging that record.
What does a wonderlic test have to do with football IQ?

There's been plenty of people who scored high on this test that completely washed out of the league. And there's been other people who had great careers despite scoring low scores. Dan Marino has the same score as Vince, just sayin.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read