Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014   #1101
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Great game by Johnny Football, he is the most exciting football player since Flutie.

With that said, I dont want Slick Rick to pick Manziel or Bridgewater at 1-1.

If Slick Rick was at the game tonight I am sure Manziel gave him something to think about. Or atleast I hope that is the case.
Old 01-01-2014   #1102
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
If the Ag's can only hire a defensive coordinator... I know they came through, but Mark Snyder ain't the dude. Love me some Manziel, kid has a heart... and in this discussion we left out two great short QB's... Drew Bree's and Doug Flutie

Well they will need another qb as well
Old 01-01-2014   #1103
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
Manziel is 10 times more exciting that all the other QBs put together. 10 times the leader too. Not even close. He fired up that awful defense at the half. Incredible. He was not to be denied.
Canton should just build a freaking wing just for him then..
Old 01-01-2014   #1104
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Great game by Johnny Football, he is the most exciting football player since Flutie.

If Slick Rick was at the game tonight I am sure Manziel gave him something to think about. Or atleast I hope that is the case.
V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.. that should speak volumes. I feel sorry for who ever takes this guy high in the first round. He runs with reckless abandonment and head dives into most collisions and he is NOT built for that. With the way he plays, He'll never last a full NFL season.

I hope to god the Texans steer away from him, because I don't think his game translates to the next level at all.
Old 01-01-2014   #1105
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I love Manziel, but I'd be excited and a little scared if we drafted him. How would you feel if the traded back with Cleveland and landed Manziel plus their other first and their second?
Old 01-01-2014   #1106
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I love Manziel, but I'd be excited and a little scared if we drafted him. How would you feel if the traded back with Cleveland and landed Manziel plus their other first and their second?
I dont want the Texans to draft Manziel.

But I would rather them draft Manziel at 1-10 after trading back, than Bridgewater at 1-1.
Old 01-01-2014   #1107
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Well they will need another qb as well
The freshman from Southlake Carroll Kenny Hill has a ton of talent, QB isn't going to be an issue. Will he be Manziel? Certainly not, but more than able to take the reigns.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2014   #1108
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was a bit scared of taking him but I think I'm past that. He's accurate, smart, elusive and a leader. That was a hell of a game topping off a hell of a career at TAMU. O'Brien talks about not needing ideal size to run his offense. Football IQ, ability to communicate, accuracy and leadership are more important to him. I'm slipping to the dark side....I'd be ok with Manziel. Bucky Brooks sure seems enamored with him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 01-01-2014   #1109
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
The freshman from Southlake Carroll Kenny Hill has a ton of talent, QB isn't going to be an issue. Will he be Manziel? Certainly not, but more than able to take the reigns.
We will see.

I'm very interested in seeing Sumlin run his offense without a GOAT type college QB. (Keenum/Manziel) You know, one that he actually recruited himself.
Old 01-01-2014   #1110
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we could work a monster trade deal to Cleveland, or another team desperate for a QB and willing to take a flyer on Bridgewater, I wouldn't mind picking up JFF later in the first, after we have already addressed OL or DL/DB. He really should be a 2nd to 3rd round grade, but hype will get him paid.
Old 01-01-2014   #1111
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If we could work a monster trade deal to Cleveland, or another team desperate for a QB and willing to take a flyer on Bridgewater, I wouldn't mind picking up JFF later in the first, after we have already addressed OL or DL/DB. He really should be a 2nd to 3rd round grade, but hype will get him paid.
Don't give up your day job. You're a horrible talent evaluator.
Old 01-01-2014   #1112
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.. that should speak volumes.
What a totally false and ignorant argument.

Quote:
I feel sorry for who ever takes this guy high in the first round. He runs with reckless abandonment and head dives into most collisions and he is NOT built for that. With the way he plays, He'll never last a full NFL season.

I hope to god the Texans steer away from him, because I don't think his game translates to the next level at all.
More BS. He dives head first into most collisions? False! Honestly have you even watched him or do you just watch YouTube highlights?

Last edited by infantrycak; 01-01-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-01-2014   #1113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Agreed. I hope he looked at Manziel & thought, "Wow... that kid is amazing. But not worth the #1 overall... wait a minute, neither is Bridgewater."
Old 01-01-2014   #1114
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.. that should speak volumes. I feel sorry for who ever takes this guy high in the first round. He runs with reckless abandonment and head dives into most collisions and he is NOT built for that. With the way he plays, He'll never last a full NFL season.

Please elaborate on which statistic you could base that off of?

VY

JFF

Big 12 vs. SEC competition as well.
Old 01-01-2014   #1115
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
When you are quoting and attributing it to someone it should look like this:

[ quote=Carr Bombed;2277060] (without the space)

not this:

[/quote]=Carr Bombed;2277060]

for the front of the quote. You have the end correct with the / in it.
Old 01-01-2014   #1116
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

=Carr Bombed;2277060]V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.. that should speak volumes. [/quote]

[/quote]=Carr Bombed;2277060]I feel sorry for who ever takes this guy high in the first round. He runs with reckless abandonment and head dives into most collisions and he is NOT built for that. With the way he plays, He'll never last a full NFL season.

I hope to god the Texans steer away from him, because I don't think his game translates to the next level at all.[/quote]

More BS. He dives head first into most collisions? False! Honestly have you even watched him or do you just watch YouTube highlights?[/quote]
================================================== ======================
Can you please pull off a clean quote rebuttal before you start calling people's arguments ignorant?

Vince Young was a much greater college QB... and I still didn't want him on this team. You paint yourself as a complete homer if you try to argue that Manziel had a better College career. Vince Young was the most efficient passer in college football, won a national championship, was a much better scrambler/runner, and playmaker... and he still fell flat on his face at the next level.

"JFF" leaves himself exposed so many times and dives head first into big hits that I don't believe he'll be able to make it through a NFL season. That isn't "False".. it's the damn truth. The play by play guys even talked about it last night. That's my biggest knock on him. Until he changes the way he plays, he will not last at the next level... especially with the hits he takes on his throwing arm. This guy is was too small to take the type of hits that he does. As soon as he gets to the NFL he's going to get lit up and hurt.

For that simple fact, I'll take Bridgewater over him.
Old 01-01-2014   #1117
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
V.Y. was way more exciting and a better college QB.. that should speak volumes...
No. He wasn't. And this from a Longhorn grad.

Manziel has a bookshelf of "Oh, wow!" plays. VY had a book.
Old 01-01-2014   #1118
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Please elaborate on which statistic you could base that off of?

VY

JFF

Big 12 vs. SEC competition as well.
First of all the Big 12 was a better conference than the SEC during those days.. so was the Pac 10 during the time when USC was the greatest team eva..

This goes back to the time where OH was winning national championships, TT had the pirate, Texas was at it's height, Missouri was on top with Chase Daniels and the SEC (Alabama and Auburn) was a dumpster fire.

V.Y. regardless of how people feel about the guy (which mainly goes back to the 2006 draft and the trolls that flooded this board) had a better college career and was a better college player.
Old 01-01-2014   #1119
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First of all the Big 12 was a better conference than the SEC during those days.. so was the Pac 10 during the time when USC was the greatest team eva..

This goes back to the time where OH was winning national championships, TT had the pirate, Texas was at it's height, Missouri was on top with Chase Daniels and the SEC (Alabama and Auburn) was a dumpster fire.

V.Y. regardless of how people feel about the guy (which mainly goes back to the 2006 draft and the trolls that flooded this board) had a better college career and was a better college player.
Still waiting on the answer to my question. Feel free to actually answer it this time.
Old 01-01-2014   #1120
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No. He wasn't. And this from a Longhorn grad.

Manziel has a bookshelf of "Oh, wow!" plays. VY had a book.
Young had more "wow" plays in the 2006 NC game than Johnny has on his bookshelf.. and that isn't even counting the other Rose Bowl game against Michigan.. so no, he didn't.

And it starts...

2006 all over again.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read