Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-01-2013   #481
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

I've had it up to here already with this Johnny Football BS. I frankly could care less what he does on the field anymore.

Some of you take a good look at previous posts on this thread. What does it say about a player when the discussion involves more about his classless antics than what he does on the field?

Yes, he's 20 years old. BFD! At this age, the are a number of things that a football player needs to work on, but maturity shouldn't be one of them.

Congratulations Johhny Manziel! A freaking sophomore in college, and you managed to beat out VY on how quickly I can forever hate a player. I didn't think that was possible.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #482
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I've had it up to here already with this Johnny Football BS. I frankly could care less what he does on the field anymore.

Some of you take a good look at previous posts on this thread. What does it say about a player when the discussion involves more about his classless antics than what he does on the field?

Yes, he's 20 years old. BFD! At this age, the are a number of things that a football player needs to work on, but maturity shouldn't be one of them.

Congratulations Johhny Manziel! A freaking sophomore in college, and you managed to beat out VY on how quickly I can forever hate a player. I didn't think that was possible.
Bitter?

And this comes from an unabashed Longhorn fan.

I just think it's wierd that A&M finally after half century is relevant and A&M fans dont seem to be able to enjoy it. This makes me LOL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #483
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
He's not the one making a big deal of it. He's just being a kid. It's the idiots with nothing better to do that puts this stuff in the papers, on the news, on the net, etc... then read it & make it a big deal & a big part of their lives.
Old 09-01-2013   #484
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's not the one making a big deal of it. He's just being a kid. It's the idiots with nothing better to do that puts this stuff in the papers, on the news, on the net, etc... then read it & make it a big deal & a big part of their lives.
BS on top of BS. Thousands of guys have been college football heros and didn't act like total a-holes. In fact, many of them (particularly QBs) know the attention is focused on them and try to act like choir boys. Instead he is going out of his way to piss people off. He is acting like Justin Bieber with shoulder pads.
Old 09-01-2013   #485
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
BS on top of BS. Thousands of guys have been college football heros and didn't act like total a-holes. In fact, many of them (particularly QBs) know the attention is focused on them and try to act like choir boys. Instead he is going out of his way to piss people off. He is acting like Justin Bieber with shoulder pads.
Exactly.

You know how much pressure guys go through playing QB at schools with higher expectations than even A&M? Alot of these guys are 19 years old and handle it extremely well. All this "he's just a kid" talk is BS. He's just an *******.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #486
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bitter?

I just think it's wierd that A&M finally after half century is relevant and A&M fans dont seem to be able to enjoy it. This makes me LOL.
I'm gonna have to agree with most of what you're saying, SteelB. He's putting A&M up there.

Though with the bolded, I know it seems like that on the internet, but all of Kyle Field chanting "JOHNNY, JOHNNY!" when he came on after half-time indicates otherwise.

Again, I have two opinions of Manziel. As a person off the field, that opinion is not very high. However, he is his own person and he can do whatever the damn hell he likes. Should he be responsible? Definitely. Should he behave in a more mature manner? Of course. However, he is his own person and I'm sure none of us in his place would appreciate being told what to do by complete strangers who only have an interest in regulating his fame. I'm not making excuses for him, because he really does behave like a tool. He shouldn't, but he does. Whatever.

As a person on the field, that opinion is very damn high. The guy makes plays. He wins. I don't care if his skill set doesn't translate into the NFL, or that he's a system baby, or that he's a cocky, abrasive player who taunts opponents and goads them on. Am I going to ride his jock (a la some people with VY) and say we should draft him? Hell no, I think he has nothing that the Texans want. I am never going to ***** about him leading our college football team, or how he behaves on the field so long as he produces video game numbers and we go 1-0 every week. Johnny Football is an entirely different person in my mind from Johnny Partyboy.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #487
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I am disappointed with how many people are buying into the ESPN crap. They have an agenda and are going overboard perusing it.

Ags have Johnny's back. Don't doubt that. Squeaky wheels aside.
Old 09-01-2013   #488
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Did y'all know Aaron Rodgers was doing that discount double check thing back in college?
Old 09-01-2013   #489
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bitter?

I'm neither a Longhorn or an A&M fan. I could care less about either of those two schools. He could be the QB of Whateverthe****youcallit State. He's still being a petulant, arrogant ******** on and off the field. What makes him so special, that he couldn't be like all the rest of the kids his age, and show a little bit of humility and class?

He's damaged goods, and he's got nobody to blame but himself.
Old 09-02-2013   #490
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I am disappointed with how many people are buying into the ESPN crap. They have an agenda and are going overboard perusing it.

Ags have Johnny's back. Don't doubt that. Squeaky wheels aside.
Eh...the younger group of Ags no doubt...but i think there's a clear divide on the little turd between the younger and older ags. You can read a few threads on Texags and garner that. In any event the timeline of what's been going with this dude over the last few months has more negative on it than anything.

- Sent home hung over from a Manning passing camp
- Autograph gate
& those 2 things are wrapped up nice & tight in the blanket that was the party fight incident that he just now settled what was it a month ago?.....which if i'm not mistaken all of that started before he even took a damn snap at Kyle field.

Notice i didn't even bring up this weekends show...So at the end of the day he's bringing this attention to himself either conciously (he's a twitter trolling fool) or unconciously with his dumb ass actions.

So keep believing it's just ESPN "spin" or rhetoric.....they're not making this **** up about him. At every turn he has continously kept supplying them with fresh buckets of poop to throw at him. & rather than him show an ounce of humility & maturation he keeps drawing attention to himself in the wrong way & it's taking away from what he's doing on the field.

You Aggie fans only have his back now b/c ya'll seem to enjoy some of the residual "shine" the school is getting from all this hoopla. That shine works both ways though.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #491
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
What about all the other times he's talking to players, shaking his head, rubbing his fingers together expressing something about "money." The kid is an *******, it's clear as day.

Post game comments by his coach indicate that he can't really control him all that much.

Link
He did the "money" gesture all last year and NOTHING was said about it. He is ACCUSED of taking money, NEVER HAS BEEN PROVEN, and NOW it is seen immature and selfish?

What the F ever....

Rice wants to talk crap, and they got b slapped. WHO THE HELL IS RICE to be talking crap to anybody? They are Rice....

I was at the game, low enough to see players, and saw Rice jawing at Manziel while he was walking back to the huddle, on Manziel's second play. So Manziel is suppose to just get, walk back and not say anything?

Obviously you never played football before.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #492
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You Aggie fans only have his back now b/c ya'll seem to enjoy some of the residual "shine" the school is getting from all this hoopla. That shine works both ways though.....
Yeeup.

I never thought I'd see the day where I would root for Alabama to win a football game against anyone . . . ANYONE!!

Well, guess what?
Old 09-02-2013   #493
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Read this article in the Houston press

I quote a couple of bits for those to lazy to click on the link. But the whole article is worth reading.

Quote:
A woefully rambling Trevor Matich of ESPN (I know, I know..."Who?") hyperbolized that Manziel is "shaping up to be the most selfish, unstable knucklehead in recent memory." Presumably, while consumed with preparing diligently for the college football season, Matich has missed all of the recent Aaron Hernandez coverage.

Mark May (he's baaack!) managed to take Manziel's "walking slowly next to Kevin Sumlin after the penalty and not making eye contact" and magically turn it into allegations of Manziel's blatant disrespect for his coach and his team, disrespect that he surmised would tear at the A&M locker room (and possibly lead to the downfall of capitalism as we know it!).

May actually screamed multiple times into the camera about the possibility of Manziel's doing something similar against Alabama or LSU as if he'd actually already done it.

Of course, later in the program, May briefly chuckled and joked about Bobby Petrino (a guy whose off the field exploits actually did destroy a program) getting another chance at head coaching because all he does is win.

Apparently, in May's world, adultery and ****ting on state mandated hiring practices are just quirky little side bars.

But don't you DARE point at the scoreboard!
At their core, ESPN is a business, an entertainment business, one that needs eyeballs and web hits to sustain its multibillion dollar business model. Taking a virtual jabroni of a non-story (like a Manziel taunting penalty) and perpetuating and pushing it all the way into the main event on Sportscenter is what ESPN does better than any entertainment outlet in the history of media.

Johnny Manziel's not the first player to taunt an opponent, he's just the most famous, and the best thing for business is to make him this season's monster heel.

You see, to ESPN (and unwittingly to most of us), Johnny Manziel is just a television character. The main character in the 2013 season of the award winning drama called College Football, right? I mean, unless you actually know Johnny Manziel personally, that's really all he is.

He's a character on one of your favorite TV shows.

ESPN knows this, so they take all of his God given ability to play football and promote that so you'll watch the games. Then they take all of his God given flaws, like his temper and his narcissism, and promote those (under a guise of tearing them down) so you'll tune into everything else (First Take, Outside the Lines, Sportscenter, etc.).

Management at ESPN, they want you to hate Johnny Manziel. Make no mistake, while Matich and May and their ilk blindly beg Johnny to stop, the higher ups with ESPN (and CBS and FOX) hope "evil Johnny Football" never goes away.
Old 09-02-2013   #494
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Yeeup.

I never thought I'd see the day where I would root for Alabama to win a football game against anyone . . . ANYONE!!

Well, guess what?
Congrats Marcus. You are one of the sheeple.

Read this The Johnny We Know

Click on all the titles to see each blog entry.
Old 09-02-2013   #495
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
He did the "money" gesture all last year and NOTHING was said about it. He is ACCUSED of taking money, NEVER HAS BEEN PROVEN, and NOW it is seen immature and selfish?

What the F ever....

Rice wants to talk crap, and they got b slapped. WHO THE HELL IS RICE to be talking crap to anybody? They are Rice....

I was at the game, low enough to see players, and saw Rice jawing at Manziel while he was walking back to the huddle, on Manziel's second play. So Manziel is suppose to just get, walk back and not say anything?

Obviously you never played football before.
They knew they didn't stand a chance so they we're lookintg for every advantage they could get & the bolded is the exact reason y he should've just shut his damn pie hole.

You're just supposed to at them with your teammates point at the scoreboard & keep it moving. No response needed. I mean It's akin to you as a human talking smack to an ant just b/c it crawled up on your ankle unsuspectingly & bit you instead of just brushing it off and/or stepping on it.

What the hell do you have to gain by talking smack to them? It's shows how weak-minded he is that he has to do that kind of crap to such a lowly opponent. Reminds me of the last time UT played U of H here in Houston in football..Obnoxious fans from Austin arrive screaming "we're gonna kill you guys!!!!!!" & I'm thinking "well genius...you should kill us you're ranked in the top 5 and we're no where close to being ranked morons...."

Its clear you haven't won much in team sports.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #496
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Its a sad day when Stephen A Smith has to be the voice of reason for ESPN. He broke down all this silliness perfectly this morning. Johnny's only mistake Saturday was giving these loud mouth hypocrites something to complain about. He could have kneeled down to pray after every score and they would have probably found a way to criticize that as well. A bunch of old men resorting to name calling? Yeah, very mature of these guys.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #497
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75189 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

So now everyone is up and arms about Johnny Football talking trash to RIce? What in the hell do you guys think happens in football games? It's a violent sport and it's an intense sport where this goes on all game long. For some of the folks in this thread who are complaining about it, I guess you're going to have to start hating on Andre Johnson too, because he talks trash to teams all of the time as well. Manziel is in the middle of a football game where huge lineman are trying to take his head off on every play. He has every right to talk trash to guys who are trying to hurt him. Nothing to see here really. Holler at me when you guys actually have something on Manziel other then some sort of ESPN hogwash that they came up with in their morning meeting for a segment since that dreadful network hasn't been able to come up with real stories for the last 10 years.

And this is coming from a die hard Texas fan.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #498
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Notice i didn't even bring up this weekends show...So at the end of the day he's bringing this attention to himself either conciously (he's a twitter trolling fool) or unconciously with his dumb ass actions.

So keep believing it's just ESPN "spin" or rhetoric.....they're not making this **** up about him. At every turn he has continously kept supplying them with fresh buckets of poop to throw at him. & rather than him show an ounce of humility & maturation he keeps drawing attention to himself in the wrong way & it's taking away from what he's doing on the field.
correct, espn is not making things up. they are drastically stretching the narrative to fit their agenda however. they are not a news reporting service, they are an entertainment conglomerate, and as the article linked by GHF shows, by having their talking heads express outrage at his actions, it is the beginning of their cycle. express outrage, analyze outrage, have outside source analyze their outrage, then re-report the outside sources analyzation of their initial outrage. it is all about the page clicks and viewers.

this is not to say johnny isn't at fault. he needs to be more mature and realize all his actions are under the microscope. however, the things people are up in arms about from the rice game don't concern his teammates or many a&m fans. in fact, his hyper competitiveness is something the team feeds off. outsiders will have their own opinion of that, however.

Quote:
right, a school and fanbase known for fanatic devotion of all things football only defends a player because his actions create a negative media reaction, warranted or not. that makes a lot of sense.

good try though.

edit: I do have to thank tmzspn for all the publicity though. the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #499
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
So now everyone is up and arms about Johnny Football talking trash to RIce? What in the hell do you guys think happens in football games? It's a violent sport and it's an intense sport where this goes on all game long. For some of the folks in this thread who are complaining about it, I guess you're going to have to start hating on Andre Johnson too, because he talks trash to teams all of the time as well. Manziel is in the middle of a football game where huge lineman are trying to take his head off on every play. He has every right to talk trash to guys who are trying to hurt him. Nothing to see here really. Holler at me when you guys actually have something on Manziel other then some sort of ESPN hogwash that they came up with in their morning meeting for a segment since that dreadful network hasn't been able to come up with real stories for the last 10 years.

And this is coming from a die hard Texas fan.
MSR
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #500
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm neither a Longhorn or an A&M fan. I could care less about either of those two schools. He could be the QB of Whateverthe****youcallit State. He's still being a petulant, arrogant ******** on and off the field. What makes him so special, that he couldn't be like all the rest of the kids his age, and show a little bit of humility and class?

He's damaged goods, and he's got nobody to blame but himself.
What makes him so special? LOL A blind man can see what makes him so special. Have you seen him play? If so you would realize how dumb that statement is.

Is he cocky and arrogant? Yes, Most great athletes are Jordan/Bonds/Brady etc... it's in their DNA. What most people dont like is the fact that guys like these have the innate ability to deal with outside pressures and still be their own person, and still perform at the highest level.

That and the fact is that they win and some people get very jealous and do their best to try to bring these athletes down. They aren't going to bring Manziel down, because he has the $$$$ to fight the system and a willingness to do so. Unlike Adams/Posey at Ohio St.

The only person that will bring down Manziel is himself and one day that will happen. But it wont be today. Manziel, from a few old timers I've talked to say he is a modern day Bobby Layne. Another Texas football legend.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read