Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014   #3781
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
As long as Manziel is smart enough to <snip> avoid the bi hits...

It is gonna be an interesting year...
I would have to agree with that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 05-09-2014   #3782
agproducer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 agproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Manziel

Say Watt-

You and I are on the same wavelength. I'm not mad the Texans skipped Manziel. I'm pissed they did nothing and just watched. They had opportunities to step up and break the mold by grabbing JFF or Bridgewater when they started sliding. Cleveland and Minnesota did not pay much to move up.

The Texans are stuck in a vicious cycle of mediocrity. They've followed the same formula they have for 12 years. It has gotten them absolutely nowhere.

I'm not going to abandon them, but the no-risk b.s. needs to stop. It's ridiculous. It makes it hard to support a team that keeps doing the same things and getting "meh" results. They are boring. They are vanilla, save Watt and Cushing. Texans have been must-see tv for me, even when they lose. But, it seems to me they aren't even worth watching. How are they even going to score points??

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in this franchise. Sure, the front seven looks good. But, they still haven't addressed the most glaring weakness -- quarterback.
Old 05-09-2014   #3783
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, they'll get somebody in the 4th round. It'll be their excuse for not taking any risk in future years and said taken QB will never be any better than avg.

I'm beginning to wonder if this team would even have taken Luck had they had the #1 pick that year.

Old 05-09-2014   #3784
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Expected more negativity, but this thread did not disappoint. Feel like reading about how the sky is falling? Head on over to the Manziel thread.
Old 05-09-2014   #3785
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

192 pages over a Browns QB. Give it a few years and y'all will be wondering why the hell you ever gave a damn about an NFL washout.
Old 05-09-2014   #3786
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not gonna lampoon O'Brien just yet. I want to see if he can develop a QB (either thru the draft or already on the roster). As much as It would've been interesting and exciting to see JM or TB here but that ship has sailed and let's see how things shake out.
Old 05-09-2014   #3787
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
Skip Bayless just said Houston will forever regret not taking Manziel and that Manziel will be bigger in Cleveland than LeBron James ever was in Cleveland.......
This clown is the Maury Povich of sports reporting.
Old 05-09-2014   #3788
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
This clown is the Maury Povich of sports reporting.
That's an insult to Maury Povich.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 05-09-2014   #3789
agproducer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 agproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a "sky is falling" reaction. I'm just calling what I see. The Texans are boring. They were who I thought they were. They just reaffirmed it to me. They don't take chances. I'm not giving up on them, but this garbage is ridiculous. It's the typical Texans.
Old 05-09-2014   #3790
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by agproducer View Post
It's not a "sky is falling" reaction. I'm just calling what I see. The Texans are boring. They were who I thought they were. They just reaffirmed it to me. They don't take chances. I'm not giving up on them, but this garbage is ridiculous. It's the typical Texans.
I couldn't care less if they are boring. That sounds like a dallas mentality to want attention regardless of success or lack thereof. I'll take bland and boring as long as they win. The 2010 season was electric and exciting with a high scoring offense and the comebacks that all fell short and late game collapses, but in the end they went 6-10.
Old 05-09-2014   #3791
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We took David Carr with the first ever Texans pick and it was a bust.

Then we traded picks to get a backup to be our starter. Yes, I know he clearly did play well for at least a few years.

Now, we seem to be looking really hard for another Matt Schaub. If anything, we seem to want to err on the side of caution....OF MATT FREAKING SCHAUB. How careful can you get?

You don't find Joe Montana while looking for Matt Schaub. You will be very lucky to even get Matt Schaub quality, if that is all you are shooting for. In fact, chances are you won't find it. I wonder how many years we are going to waste looking for another Matt Schaub? It's a little sickening.

Old 05-09-2014   #3792
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We took David Carr with the first ever Texans pick and it was a bust.

Then we traded picks to get a backup to be our starter. Yes, I know he clearly did play well for at least a few years.

Now, we seem to be looking really hard for another Matt Schaub. If anything, we seem to want to err on the side of caution....OF MATT FREAKING SCHAUB. How careful can you get?

You don't find Joe Montana while looking for Matt Schaub. You will be very lucky to even get Matt Schaub quality, if that is all you are shooting for. In fact, chances are you won't find it. I wonder how many years we are going to waste looking for another Matt Schaub? It's a little sickening.
You also don't find Joe Montana drafting in the first round.

I'm not seeing how that's helping your case.
Old 05-09-2014   #3793
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Yeah. If we want to be successful & avoid a factory of sadness of our own, we need to do what the Cleveland Browns did.

Old 05-09-2014   #3794
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You also don't find Joe Montana drafting in the first round.

I'm not seeing how that's helping your case.
Oh don't know where he was drafted. It was a long time ago. Gimme a break.

Old 05-09-2014   #3795
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Oh don't know where he was drafted. It was a long time ago. Gimme a break.
Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick.

I have a feeling we're going to find our guy in the 3rd round, too.
Old 05-09-2014   #3796
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Well, anyway, we are not going to find a Tom Brady unless we spend a #1 pick.

Old 05-09-2014   #3797
agproducer
Rookie

I'm not saying to do what the Browns did. But they need to do something.

I'm ok with winning boring. But, the thing is: THEY HAVEN'T WON BY GOING THE BORING ROUTE.

They have 2 playoff wins. 2 in 12 years. How many high-round draft picks have they played it safe on? Where has it gotten them?

I'm curious to see what they are going to do. But, I'm no longer putting blind trust in the Texans brain trust thinking what they do is right.
Old 05-09-2014   #3798
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I'm ok with winning boring. But, the thing is: THEY HAVEN'T WON BY GOING THE BORING ROUTE.

They have 2 playoff wins. 2 in 12 years. How many high-round draft picks have they played it safe on? Where has it gotten them?

I'm curious to see what they are going to do. But, I'm no longer putting blind trust in the Texans brain trust thinking what they do is right.
This coaching staff and its approach hasn't even played a game, yet. And you're going to hold the previous two regimes' record against them?

They haven't even finished their first draft together.

There are still QBs on the board that OB/Smith may like better than the guy you were wanting them to want. Murray, Mettenberger, McCarron, Savage, Garoppolo -- they may have wanted any or all of these guys more than they wanted Manziel or Bridgewater.
Old 05-09-2014   #3799
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This coaching staff and its approach hasn't even played a game, yet. And you're going to hold the previous two regimes' record against them?

They haven't even finished their first draft together.

There are still QBs on the board that OB/Smith may like better than the guy you were wanting them to want. Murray, Mettenberger, McCarron, Savage, Garoppolo -- they may have wanted any or all of these guys more than they wanted Manziel or Bridgewater.
These are my thoughts are as well. Hell Bridgewater and Manziel might end up being really good players or really bad ones. I want to see what the new staff can do and I can't get too nervous or pissed until we see some results.
Old 05-09-2014   #3800
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ok, i've read your posts for the last few pages and either you're not articulating your position very well or your argument is just dumb.

The texans have won more in their 12 years of existence taking their safe, boring route than the browns have itaking chances and throwing away picks on bum qb after bum qb in the same span.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read