Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013   #361
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
That's a big if. There is still no proof he did anything wrong (esn doesn't even have the video) and the "accusers" who are basically scum are refusing to talk to the NCAA or go on the record.

And yes, manziel joining the obannon lawsuit is a big deal. If the rule him ineligible he has nothin stopping him from joining it and the NCAA is even closer to losing a lot of their cash flow considering how proven his value is.
As dumb as Manziel has been during the last year I really think its only a matter of time before proof is provided that he was paid. Dumbest smart college player I've seen in a long, long time and I'm a fan of his on the field.
Old 08-06-2013   #362
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Desmond Howard has his own issues with memorabilia

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...153910354.html
Old 08-06-2013   #363
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

NCAA Suspended its search option when shopping Their site
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...mming-national
Old 08-06-2013   #364
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have several questions regarding this Manziel situation. here's a few:

1) supposedly he signed in Miami around the national championship timeframe where he received a 5-figure fee. One source said he signed once before the game and came back after for a second round. Other source says it was just once.

2) supposedly there's a separate event with a different broker in Connecticut where he received $7,500 and signed memorabilia 3 seperate times during January 11-12th timeframe.

3) supposedly he spoke with A&M's compliance department (unknown date?) and expressed he has never signed memorabilia to anyone with the expressed interest of selling said signatures for profit. Ie regardless of any few paid to Manziel... That he didn't sign period.

So I'm wondering if it comes to light to A&M that he did in fact sign autographs with a broker (even if Manziel didn't pocket any money), then he lied to A&M University Officials. A separate potential suspensible offense from the NCAA investigation.

Also wondering if NCAA does infact find sufficient proof he got paid from the brokers if, each time he signed (4-5 occurrences) would end up potentially being accounted for as separate offenses.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Old 08-06-2013   #365
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week.

Quote:
Johnny Manziel ‏@JManziel2 31 Jul
I ain't perfect, I ain't insane but I AM worth it...if there's one thing I am worth it. People keep hatin but it ain't WORKIN!
Old 08-06-2013   #366
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

This is Johnny Manziel's manager. A 20 year old kid who's not in college and who act's like he's, well, 20. Pictures and tweets in the article as well.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/08/05...-nate/#photo=3

Quote:
If you’ve been following the Johnny Manziel saga, you know of a shadowy figure known as Uncle Nate (UncleNateFitch – Instagram). You might remember the name from last week’s Wright Thompson piece where Paul Manziel, Johnny’s father, says that the family hired Nate Fitch, a college student, to be Johnny’s manager.

It was also mentioned that Uncle Nate dropped out of college to become Manziel’s manager. It should also be noted that Uncle Nate is one of Johnny’s best bros.

That’s right, the Manziels hired one of Johnny’s best bros to be his manager and be responsible for a Heisman Trophy winner who might have a drinking problem (his father’s words) and likes to be 20. As for Uncle Nate, he drives expensive cars, wears Rolex watches & ladies love him.

So it should come as no surprise that Uncle Nate was allegedly in a hotel room with Johnny Pageviews over BCS weekend where Pageviews allegedly signed numerous autographs for a dealer, according to ESPN.

Thanks to Premier
Old 08-06-2013   #367
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 121821 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
We need to understand something about the Manziel family. They are not merely wealthy. They are filthy, astonishing, rich. They have Texas oil money, and when we're talking Texas oil money, we are talking about billions and billions of dollars that lasts for generations, and will likely never run out. Ever.

Johnny likely doesn't care because he likely has a trust in which he'll eventually inherit $100 million or so in a few years. He he doesn't care if he makes it in the NFL because he'll still be a rich douche that can do whatever he wants. AND, he'll be able to be a multi-millionare without putting his body through a career as an athlete. The guy is a lazy, entitled douche, and doesn't care about anyone else.

It's sad, but, it's probably how he thinks.
I coukdnt care less about silly instagram pics and tweets from a twit. thats what people do, big deal but this signing autographs for cash is just such a dumb move. i don't think jm is lazy but I do think he feels he's untouchable. That's the only way I can come up with a legit reason why he would risk so much for so little. I mean If he wasnt wealthy and if he really needed the money I'd see why he'd sign for cash. But he's well off. Good for him and his family but if he did this it is idiotic.
Old 08-06-2013   #368
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/100...075-4584.shtml

Businessman indicted on cocaine trafficking charges
Published: Thursday, October 03, 2002

TYLER (AP) — An East Texas businessman who owns a concert hall was free on bond Thursday after he was indicted on cocaine trafficking charges.

Bobby Joe Manziel's Oil Palace in Tyler has been a venue for rock and country acts such as Don Henley, George Jones and Merle Haggard.

Manziel, 63, was arrested Wednesday by FBI agents at his downtown office after a federal grand jury handed up a two-count indictment. The businessman and Jimmy Stanton of Red Oak are charged with one count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and distribution of 500 grams to 5 kilograms of cocaine.

A second count accuses the pair of aiding and abetting each other in the actual possession with intent to distribute and distribution of the drug, said U.S. Attorney Matthew Orwig.

Manziel's bond was set at $100,000 by U.S. Magistrate Judge Harry W. McKee. The businessman was later released and faced arraignment at 10 a.m. Friday. A pretrial hearing was also set for Nov. 12 before U.S. District Judge Leonard Davis.

Each defendant, if convicted, faces a prison sentence of up to 40 years and a fine up to $2 million on each count.

According to the indictment, Manziel used or intended to use his residence and surrounding property as well as his 2002 Chevrolet truck to commit or facilitate the drug offenses.
Ok, this was 10 years ago. Something isn't right with the manziel family. Seems like for a family of wealthy people they do and say some wacky stuff.

It just seems strange for manziels dad to be complaining or even mentioning a&m exploiting his son for money. I get he is a big star now...

But if I'm rich AND my son is going to school for free, he's turned into a big star...the last thing I'm going to be worried about is the school "exploiting" him. At least I wouldn't be talking about it in the context that he did.

And then you have bobby joe manziel selling drugs. Or allegedly going to sell drugs.

And you have johnny supposedly selling autographs. Are they filthy rich or not? Because that seems like odd behavior for people with legit money unless they are really built on crime, feel supremely entitled, not very bright, or not as rich as we're lead to believe.
Old 08-07-2013   #369
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

This is gonna get messy and the NCAA is going to be in a sticky spot.
That OBannon lawsuit is looming larger and larger.

Quote:
SB Nation is reporting that PSA has records of 258 consecutively signed Clowney items in its database.

I’m sorry South Carolina fan.

It’s not like I wanted to drag Jadeveon Clowney’s name into the Johnny Manziel autograph mess, but your stud has 19 autographed items for sale by a dealer who is selling numerous Johnny Football autographs.

Top-rated seller the_hub_collectibles has 100% feedback and has been an eBay member since 1998. This dealer has 19 Manziel items currently for sale, including multiple helmets and footballs. Most of the 19 Clowney items are personalized with “Go Cocks.”

All of the items are certified from PSA/DNA.

Teddy Bridgewater is a nice guy, too (via @AggieZach10). Who wants non-personalized items?

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/08/07...items-on-ebay/
Old 08-07-2013   #370
Stemp
Brew Master

Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh man... this just gets stickier.

The "broker" accusing Manziel of accepting money is also a drug dealer.

Quote:
There are 3 brokers now that have been involved with getting Johnny Manziel to sign autographs for them, but the main one who is accusing Johnny of accepting cash & videotaping him giving questionable answers is Drew Tieman. Go ahead & search for him on Facebook. You won’t find him. He has deleted his page, but we saved it before he did:

He lists former Miami Hurricane football players Sinorice Moss & Kenny Phillips as two of his favorite athletes. Some of his “likes” include “NBA on TNT,” the Miami Dolphins, Shaq, Drake, & “Tebow crying.” He also likes “SportsCenter,” As you will see further in this article, his favorite TV shows & movies are all mob/drug dealer related, as he mimics the likes of “The Sopranos,” “The Wire,” “Scarface,” & “Goodfellas.” We got a true cliche poser on our hands here….

Aside from his current role of trying to derail young Johnny Manziel’s college career by making him ineligible to defend his Heisman title, he has a knack for marijuana arrests. Not your normal little bit of weed type of arrest, rather, not only possession of over 20 grams, but distribution too making Mr Tieman a weed dealer to go along with his sports memorabilia dealing
& at least 3 car crashes involving $40,000 of damage:

http://newsball.com/drew-tieman-is-t...ohnny-manziel/
Old 08-07-2013   #371
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

"Report: Brokers might have ‘ax to grind’ against Manziel, family"

"The question many have wondered since ESPN revealed the NCAA is investigating Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel might now have been at least partially answered: What might prompt anonymous memorabilia brokers to come forward with stories that Manziel took money for autographs? What do they have to gain? Nothing, apparently, but some might hold a grudge toward Manziel and his family for allegedly cutting into their business."

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...-2/?cmpid=hpts
Old 08-07-2013   #372
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I want this turned into a TV show. This is just too good.
Old 08-07-2013   #373
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ok, this was 10 years ago. Something isn't right with the manziel family. Seems like for a family of wealthy people they do and say some wacky stuff.

It just seems strange for manziels dad to be complaining or even mentioning a&m exploiting his son for money. I get he is a big star now...

But if I'm rich AND my son is going to school for free, he's turned into a big star...the last thing I'm going to be worried about is the school "exploiting" him. At least I wouldn't be talking about it in the context that he did.

And then you have bobby joe manziel selling drugs. Or allegedly going to sell drugs.

And you have johnny supposedly selling autographs. Are they filthy rich or not? Because that seems like odd behavior for people with legit money unless they are really built on crime, feel supremely entitled, not very bright, or not as rich as we're lead to believe.
They're filthy rich. But let's not assume that money is the only motivation for doing strange things. A lot of very wealthy people just have strange eccentricities, and do things just for the heck of it. A lot of them simply do things because they can. When you have everything handled to you, the lines of what is "normal" and what is not is blurred.

Aaron Henandez was a multi-millionaire, and yet he could not leave his thug life behind. Why? He didn't need the money.

Let's not assume that rich people have it all together. A lot of them don't.
Old 08-07-2013   #374
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
They're filthy rich. But let's not assume that money is the only motivation for doing strange things. A lot of very wealthy people just have strange eccentricities, and do things just for the heck of it. A lot of them simply do things because they can. When you have everything handled to you, the lines of what is "normal" and what is not is blurred.

Aaron Henandez was a multi-millionaire, and yet he could not leave his thug life behind. Why? He didn't need the money.

Let's not assume that rich people have it all together. A lot of them don't.
Quote:
I rese......mble that remark
- Lindsay Lohan
Old 08-08-2013   #375
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Six sources and counting say Nate Fitch ran Manziel autograph business

http://fansided.com/2013/08/08/multi...raph-business/
Old 08-08-2013   #376
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post

Im pretty sure Johnny posted that picture himself on twitter after "winning" money at a casino in Oklahoma
Old 08-08-2013   #377
Stemp
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post

And not a single one is willing to step forward and go on the record.
Most of these dealers are scumbags to begin with and everything to date has been from anonymous sources involved in questionable practices.

This who scandel might be true but at this point all the "reports" Are just unconfirmed accusations that frankly anyone can make anything.

I mean seriously. I could put up a bunch of fake memobilia on eBay, call one of these guys and claim some big named player accepted money from me for autographs and they would probably run with it. They've admitted they don't independently verify the accusations nor do they have any actual proof.

Espn is becoming the tmz of sports news.
Old 08-08-2013   #378
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most of these dealers are scumbags to begin with and everything to date has been from anonymous sources involved in questionable practices.

This who scandel might be true but at this point all the "reports" Are just unconfirmed accusations that frankly anyone can make anything.

I mean seriously. I could put up a bunch of fake memobilia on eBay, call one of these guys and claim some big named player accepted money from me for autographs and they would probably run with it. They've admitted they don't independently verify the accusations nor do they have any actual proof.

Great post, but especially the bold.

I do tend to disagree slightly, as I think Johnny is dumb enough to have accepted money for autographs even though his family is loaded and he has never been in need of anything in his life. Just look at the company he keeps. If Johnny keeps hanging out with the Uncle Nates of the world, he is going nowhere but down.
Old 08-08-2013   #379
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you think Schad just made up the contents of that video?
Old 08-08-2013   #380
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean ESPN, who has been doing their best to tear down Manziel during the off-season is doing that again?

Wake me up when something of actual substance happens, such as a press release from the NCAA or TAMU. Darren Rovell is a piece of crap "journalist" and I have no problem with not believing his "journalism".

And as far as the actual act of getting paid to sign some autographs, I say, so ****ing what. I didn't think Tattoogate or that Cam Newton stuff were any kinds of high crimes so why would I think this Manziel **** is any different?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read