Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014   #3741
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
If you think we won the division twice in a row only because Peyton was hurt and because Luck was a rookie, that's some seriously offensive, ridiculous, derisive bull****. Have some ****ing respect for the team you supposedly root for.
What happened every year prior to Peyton going down? And what happened Luck's second year in the league?

This is a funny post. I applaud the emotion.
Old 05-08-2014   #3742
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
What happened every year prior to Peyton going down? And what happened Luck's second year in the league?

This is a funny post. I applaud the emotion.
Who the **** cares. We won the division in 2011 and 2012 and it had nothing to do with anything the Colts did or didn't do.
Old 05-08-2014   #3743
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

texags.com is one big pity party right now

We are among the "Them"
Old 05-08-2014   #3744
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
texags.com is one big pity party right now
Uhuh. Having two Aggies drafted in the top 10 is absolute shyt, innit?
Old 05-08-2014   #3745
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

In all honesty i dont think he's gonna pan out....but cleveland is a good spot for him...they've got pieces there for him and he's got a pretty good shot to build something there...He's gonna need to sit though...i think all these guys need to sit for a year.
Old 05-08-2014   #3746
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
In all honesty i dont think he's gonna pan out....but cleveland is a good spot for him...they've got pieces there for him and he's got a pretty good shot go do something there...He's gonna need to sit though...i think all these guys need to sit for a year.
I thought he should have stayed in College Station one more year to begin with.
He could sit behind Hoyer, maybe? Get worked into the starting position mid season or something... I doubt it though.

Having Gordon and Cameron will do him good. They're weapons.
Old 05-08-2014   #3747
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, time to take the Manzlove to Cleveland.

Have fun being Browns fans Manzidiots!
Old 05-08-2014   #3748
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Alright, time to take the Manzlove to Cleveland.

Have fun being Browns fans Manzidiots!
I think that whole Manziel thing on this board is overblown. I can only think of one crazy pro-Manziel guy and that was the dude trying to convince everyone that Teddy Bridgewater was a crossdresser.

If this was as bad as the VY love, the VY love must not have been very bad.
Old 05-08-2014   #3749
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of respect for not throwing his phone across the room when he found out he was going to Cleveland.
Old 05-08-2014   #3750
agproducer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 agproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm cool with the CLowney pick. But when Manziel started sliding, the Texans disappointed me again. They had a shot to make a change to their mediocrity. They had a chance for a spark. They didn't do it. I'm irritated with this front office. I've been a fan since the Texans inception, but we've done this before. We had a chance to get a playmaker. The Texans didn't do it.
Old 05-08-2014   #3751
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I think that whole Manziel thing on this board is overblown. I can only think of one crazy pro-Manziel guy and that was the dude trying to convince everyone that Teddy Bridgewater was a crossdresser.

It has not been near as bad...and yet still really annoying.
Old 05-08-2014   #3752
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You are right, it did not get near as bad as I feared.
Old 05-08-2014   #3753
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
A lot of respect for not throwing his phone across the room when he found out he was going to Cleveland.
Cleveland? The Jacksonville of the midwest.
Old 05-08-2014   #3754
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way I would take Manziel late in the first is if I own the pick already.
I would take a flyer on him at 2.1, but he's gone.

I don't want another QB just to draft a QB.

Wish the Texans had been able to trade 1.1 to accumulate future picks.
There are some good ones in the pipe that have fair - to - good chance to become a franchise QB.

Don't want to settle for Bridgewater either.

Go big or go home.
Old 05-08-2014   #3755
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The only way I would take Manziel late in the first is if I own the pick already.
I would take a flyer on him at 2.1, but he's gone.

I don't want another QB just to draft a QB.

Wish the Texans had been able to trade 1.1 to accumulate future picks.
There are some good ones in the pipe that have fair - to - good chance to become a franchise QB.

Don't want to settle for Bridgewater either.

Go big or go home.
settle?
Old 05-08-2014   #3756
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The only reason why it didn't reach a crisis level was because the guy fell like a rock and didn't go #3 ovrl to a divisional rival... He went to the Browns. LOL, The Browns.... Good luck Johny
Old 05-09-2014   #3757
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I'll be honest though. My fandom is waning. After the Capers and then the Kubiak years, I'm drained. Since inception, I've poured my heart and soul into this team but after watching them keep Kubiak after 2010, sign Matt Schaub to the extension, sign over-the-hill players like Ed Reed and Ahman Green that do little more than damage our future while letting up-and-comers like Glover Quinn walk, and seem to make changes at a snail's pace, my Texans fandom is on thin ice. A guy like Manziel, for better or for worse, could reinvigorate this franchise. He potentially gives us that rah-rah, star power player at the most important position on the football field that we have needed for our entire existence.

With my relationship with the Texans already on thin ice after all these years of heartache, I'm not sure where I'll be if they don't draft Johnny Manziel.
I feel the same way. I hate this draft just as much as I did when we selected Mario. Worse actually, because we drafted another player just like Mario with the first pick again and this guy's rep is even worse than what Mario's was. The Texans totally caved to the media pressure on this one. They tried and tried to trade the pick and no one wanted the once in a 30 year hype machine. So we took him since he was allegedly the only player worth the #1 pick. The Texans never learn from their mistakes. They just repeat them. Picking lazy Dlineman with motivation problems usually ends up in disappointment. I wasn't huge on wanting Manziel, but I would have been happy with that pick due to his excitement he brings. Now we might end up with Mallet?? Uuuhhhh!!! My excitement for this up coming season has totally dwindled when I was stoked for this new HC before. They're going down the same road Kubiak created when he first got here thus far.
Old 05-09-2014   #3758
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The only reason why it didn't reach a crisis level was because the guy fell like a rock and didn't go #3 ovrl to a divisional rival... He went to the Browns. LOL, The Browns.... Good luck Johny
Or maybe, you know... it just wasn't as bad.
Old 05-09-2014   #3759
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I feel the same way. I hate this draft just as much as I did when we selected Mario. Worse actually, because we drafted another player just like Mario with the first pick again and this guy's rep is even worse than what Mario's was. The Texans totally caved to the media pressure on this one. They tried and tried to trade the pick and no one wanted the once in a 30 year hype machine. So we took him since he was allegedly the only player worth the #1 pick. The Texans never learn from their mistakes. They just repeat them. Picking lazy Dlineman with motivation problems usually ends up in disappointment. I wasn't huge on wanting Manziel, but I would have been happy with that pick due to his excitement he brings. Now we might end up with Mallet?? Uuuhhhh!!! My excitement for this up coming season has totally dwindled when I was stoked for this new HC before. They're going down the same road Kubiak created when he first got here thus far.
Eh. I'm used to cheering for ****ty inconsistent teams.

This coming football season's gonna be rough. Texans are likely to suck again and the Aggies are probably going to blow too.
Old 05-09-2014   #3760
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122673 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You mean like picking David Carr kind of mistakes?

Cant wait for Derek Carr to become a Texan. Talk about repeating mistakes. BTW I would've traded up with Arizona and picked Manziel. Mallett for a 2015 3rd on a 3 yr deal isn't bad. The Texans can pick their QB of the future next in the 2015 draft if Mallett doesn't play well and the QB of the future has a couple of yrs to learn on the sidelines. It appears to be a win-win to me.

Unless your all in on Manziel.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read