Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014   #3641
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 51498 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm completely neutral on this a&m/ut rivalry because I went to school in a different country. As a completely impartial observer, I can state unequivocally that the hysteria from the pro-manziel faction massively outweighs the somewhat amused disdain coming from the other camp.
Old 05-07-2014   #3642
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I agree with both of you. CND is a good poster on this board, that was until his burnt orange butt hurt starting coming out in him. I have NEVER in the history of my time on this board seen him go so overboard to bash a player.

He, and others like him, act as if their word on all things Johnny Manziel is a word from god. In their minds, there is ZERO possibility that Manziel becomes a success in the NFL, and that was the purpose of my post.
Not sure what association you think the good Dr. has with t.u., but that's certainly not where he's coming from. His objections to Manziel are all fact-based and shared by many. It's definitely no stretch to worry about Manziel's potential health in an NFL that can decimate a QB who doesn't run as often and might possess a larger frame to shoulder the load.

While I may disagree with his assessment of certain players, I trust that man with my life. We won't ever all agree / disagree on here and Cloak has shown over time that his assessments are often the only contrarian ones heard...and most often correct. He's not one to sugar-coat.
Old 05-07-2014   #3643
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Not sure what association you think the good Dr. has with t.u., but that's certainly not where he's coming from. His objections to Manziel are all fact-based and shared by many. It's definitely no stretch to worry about Manziel's potential health in an NFL that can decimate a QB who doesn't run as often and might possess a larger frame to shoulder the load.

While I may disagree with his assessment of certain players, I trust that man with my life. We won't ever all agree / disagree on here and Cloak has shown over time that his assessments are often the only contrarian ones heard...and most often correct. He's not one to sugar-coat.
That's the impression I have of him. I think CnD would have the same opinion/reservations about Johnny if he went to Manziel's first choice of UT and had an identical collegiate career. I can't say the same about some of the other folks here.
Old 05-07-2014   #3644
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know being on the other side of this is starting to make me understand a bit of why SOME of the VY lovers were sporting VY jerseys at Reliant. It's almost an 'f you to the jerk posters like Cloak that seem to have nothing better to do than waltz in every thread to bash Manziel. There are many others that do precisely the same thing, with Cloak leading the pack.

I'm not sure I'll wear a Jacksonville jersey but if we pass on Manziel and he goes to Jacksonville, it will be very difficult for me to not laugh in the faces of a bunch of Texans fans and cheer when Manziel leads the Jags to trounce all over the Texans.
Because CND disagrees with you he's a jerk? How very tolerant you are of other people's opinions.

He and I disagree on JM, but he's far from the person you're painting him out to be. I like JM but not at 1-1, give me JM at 1-20. Can you see faults in JM's game or do you have so far up the Maroon sheeps butt that you cant see sunshine. See how does it for a poster to needlessly talk sh!t?
Old 05-07-2014   #3645
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone still think Manziel is going No. 1?
Old 05-07-2014   #3646
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO Doc is a very solid poster, and I don't think he's a Longhorn. I'm not entirely sure but I think he's part of the Keenum Kult
Old 05-07-2014   #3647
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know being on the other side of this is starting to make me understand a bit of why SOME of the VY lovers were sporting VY jerseys at Reliant. It's almost an 'f you to the jerk posters like Cloak that seem to have nothing better to do than waltz in every thread to bash Manziel. There are many others that do precisely the same thing, with Cloak leading the pack.

I'm not sure I'll wear a Jacksonville jersey but if we pass on Manziel and he goes to Jacksonville, it will be very difficult for me to not laugh in the faces of a bunch of Texans fans and cheer when Manziel leads the Jags to trounce all over the Texans.
Although I have watched many select UT and A&M games and players, I have never made it a priority to attend. I have never had a dog in the fight. I have gone to one UT game in my life........and none to A&M. I bleed only RED.....like most real human beings. I was NOT for VY being picked and am not for Manziel being picked......and I have stated my reasons. I insert humor in some of my posts that illustrate my feelings on subjects. When opinions are bantered around here, I expect that there are going to be disagreements. But when one finds the need to insert hateful personal comments to claim their argument, it only reveals an unfortunate underlying pathologic predisposition. "Reconsideration" would be the only word that comes to mind when dealing with such deep-seeded issues.
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2014   #3648
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jerk posters like CnD?

Just because someone doesn't share your Manzlove doesn't make them a jerk.

And you will laugh when another team beats your so-called team because of one player?

If we traded AJ tomorrow he would become the enemy.

Manzidiots
Old 05-07-2014   #3649
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jacksonville/

Johnny doesnt want to play for the jags and apparently his family doesnt want him to play in Houston.

Shades of ELI.
Doesn't want to play for Jaguars because it's too small of a market???

YGBFKM. What does market size have to do with football?
Old 05-07-2014   #3650
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's not about "meeting my expectations". Don't be goofy about it.

It is about the DEFINITION of the concept of fanatic: "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal"

And get over your own perception of self-importance as a fan.

Football is ENTERTAINMENT. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to try to put more importance in your life over an endeavor that you have no control, input, influence, or whatever, be my guest.

I've been part of running a company for 35 years now, so your rant about running a business is pointless. My company is directly impacted by my actions.

My team, 'eh, not so much.

So go ahead and pout and whine because you perceive that you have "earned some phantom right" as a fan. Go ahead and abandon this franchise as a fan because you didn't get your way. I could not give a shit. I'll be here as a Texans fan, through thick and thin, and while I might not agree with every decision or even be enthusiastic about things, and I might even be extremely cynical, jaded, sarcastic, bitter, disappointed, and/or pessimistic about things sometimes, I still keep all of it in perspective THAT IT IS ONLY ENTERTAINMENT!!!

They play, I watch. I have no delusions about this arrangement. Perhaps you should indulge yourself with that reality check, as well.

Btw, I'm not advocating blindly optimistic koolaid drinking. Criticize all you want. That's what sports talk and this forum is all about. I'm far from a shiny, happy fan.

Just don't tell me that you can root against your team and be a fanatic for that team at the same time. That's just bullshit pretzel logic.
I'm just going to tell you that I am NOT going to be the kind of fan you expect and want people to be. I really don't care if that meets with your approval or not.
Old 05-07-2014   #3651
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I'm just going to tell you that I am NOT going to be the kind of fan you expect and want people to be. I really don't care if that meets with your approval or not.
lol! I could give a rat's ass what kind of fan you are. I expect nothing of you, and I will certainly not be disappointed in that regard.

psssst, the Texans will NEVER listen to your advice. Deal with it.
Old 05-07-2014   #3652
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol! I could give a rat's ass what kind of fan you are. I expect nothing of you, and I will certainly not be disappointed in that regard.

psssst, the Texans will NEVER listen to your advice. Deal with it.
Well then stop telling everyone what you think is an acceptable fan.
Old 05-07-2014   #3653
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anyone that roots against their own team because of personnel decisions is not a freakin' fanatic for their team. That is the very definition of fair-weather fan, like it or not.

I understand disappointment, but I will never understand the nature of betrayal. It is akin to screwing around on your wife because she didn't buy the sexy dress you like. And yeah, being a sports fanatic is a deep personal commitment like marriage. Don't get caught up in the metaphor. It's not a marriage, but the commitment and devotion is very similar.

Where are all those VY nut huggers and their bandwagon jerseys today? Buying Browns gear? What bunch of chumps.
Freakin Fantasy Football
Old 05-07-2014   #3654
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Anyone still think Manziel is going No. 1?
well I am still hoping.

Old 05-07-2014   #3655
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well then stop telling everyone what you think is an acceptable fan.
When you stop telling everyone how to run a professional football team....

btw, most folks agree that you cannot be a fanatic of a team and actively root against them. Is that really hard to comprehend for YOU?

It's really a "duh, no shit" obvious thing for most of us.
Old 05-07-2014   #3656
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Say Watt?

Old 05-07-2014   #3657
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
When you stop telling everyone how to run a professional football team....

btw, most folks agree that you cannot be a fanatic of a team and actively root against them. Is that really hard to comprehend for YOU?

It's really a "duh, no shit" obvious thing for most of us.
Let's try this novel approach, let everyone be the kind of the fan they want to be without your righteous or disapproving approval. Or any kind of judgement from you for that matter. How unique would that be?
Old 05-07-2014   #3658
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It was that fans were more of a VY fan than a Texan fan That's why whey wore the jersey.

I just don't see how fans can come into any stadium with root for the Texans and (for example) when VY steps on the field start,then they start rooting for him to beat the Texans just so say "I told you so"

makes no sense to me.

same will go if people start doing the same thing with Manziel

I don't understand it. I am in the mode of I wish such and such will do good until he plays the Texans

Just a random thought here. Bottom line is if the Texans think Manziel is the best for them and they feel he fits in Bob's system they will draft him, if not big whoop. Lets see what they can do with who they got.

kinda like a lot of folks booing the Watt pick. A lot of people are crawdaddin' on their pre draft statements. Lets hope whoever the Texans pick will have an impact
Old 05-07-2014   #3659
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Let's try this novel approach, let everyone be the kind of the fan they want to be without your righteous or disapproving approval. Or any kind of judgement from you for that matter. How unique would that be?
Yeah Double Barrel.

After-all, Texian is the smartest cat he's ever met.
Old 05-07-2014   #3660
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Because CND disagrees with you he's a jerk? How very tolerant you are of other people's opinions.

He and I disagree on JM, but he's far from the person you're painting him out to be. I like JM but not at 1-1, give me JM at 1-20. Can you see faults in JM's game or do you have so far up the Maroon sheeps butt that you cant see sunshine. See how does it for a poster to needlessly talk sh!t?
OUCH! That sounds like a red spot on it's way to you.

Axe me how I know...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read