Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014   #3021
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Its gonna be a sad sad sad scene when the Texans pass up on BOTH Johnny Manziel and Clowney and pick Blake Bortles, the guy with the lowest ceiling and has bust written all over him.

I dont know what else manziel has to do in order prove his talent. Playing in the toughest conference in football wasnt enough. Putting up great numbers in that same conference wasnt enough. Making spectacular play after spectacular play showing off his special vision and running ability wasnt enough. Running well in the combine wasnt enough. Having big hands wasnt enough. Passing well in his workout wasnt enough.

I blame mindless espn for ruining this guy's reputation and the gullible idiots like clockwork bought it.

What has this guy really done off the field too garner such character questions?

Did he kill anybody?
Did he rape anybody?
Did he get busted for drugs?
Did he get busted for dui?
Did steal anything?

What is it? What did this guy do to have been flagged with the questionable character?

The autograph thing? Please, NCAA are scumbag money grubbing opportunist with an infantile view on student athlete morality.

The going to a longhorn frat party? you have got to be kidding me. What did he do there? did he darren sharper a couple ladies? Did he get into a fight? What is it? they kicked him out because he was a popular aggie football player?

What else? ahh the Manning Camp thing.

Seriously, the Manning Camp? WTF is that? Is that part of the combine? Is that part of the nfl interview process? The manning camp? Did they play a game football game in the manning camp that proved or disproved a football player's talent?

psst.,

please.

Manziel is the real deal. Mark my words, he will become a successful and exciting nfl player. Ive seen Merril Hodge's typical shock journalism act on espn bashing Manziel. COMPLETE AND UTTER BOLLOCKS. Manziel is no Tebow. Tebow was a bruising runner who bulldozed tacklers. Manziel is a slick runner who relies on vision, angles, and speed.

Mark my words,

Blake Bortles is Matt Schaub 2.0 while Manziel is cut from the same cloth as Russell Wilson, Kapernick, Newton, and RG3.

I dont even care anymore, i hope the texans pass up on BOTH Manziel and clowney. We had a chance to draft patrick willis, julius peppers, russell wilson but instead chose the safe prototypical picks.

HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD, LOW RISK, LOW REWARD.
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD.
NO GUTS, NO GLORY.

Go ahead make the same prototypical "safe" pick so we can have the same prototypical texan result.

***THREAD SUBCRIBED***

Well done sir!

Manziel is guilty of being a kid that comes from money and knows how to party. I like his moxie, he seems to have the work ethic to prove his doubters wrong. All year, media waited for him to fall on his face from the past summer antics, and he did nothing of the such...

is he too small, to skinny, etc. I never measured a football player by his height, but by his heart and the kid seems to have plenty of it...

To me, reminds me of this kid coming out of Southern Miss that liked to party, had decent to strong arm and could sling it around a bit. Some team up north, with a creative coach and GM that both had some testicular fortitude, traded for him and turned him into a pretty good NFL QB....

can't, for the life of me, think of what that guy's name was, but Manziel reminds me allot of that guy...
Old 03-28-2014   #3022
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

Well done sir!

Manziel is guilty of being a kid that comes from money and knows how to party. I like his moxie, he seems to have the work ethic to prove his doubters wrong. All year, media waited for him to fall on his face from the past summer antics, and he did nothing of the such...

is he too small, to skinny, etc. I never measured a football player by his height, but by his heart and the kid seems to have plenty of it...

To me, reminds me of this kid coming out of Southern Miss that liked to party, had decent to strong arm and could sling it around a bit. Some team up north, with a coach that had some testicular fortitude, traded for him and turned him into a pretty good NFL QB....

can't, for the life of me, think of what that guy's name was, but Manziel reminds me allot of that guy...
So we're going to have to witness a bunch of Manziel sexts with penis pics?
Old 03-28-2014   #3023
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN

according to http://bit.ly/1h3EmQ9 , GM Rick Smith said #Texans will meet with Johnny Manziel in Houston. No workout. They'll watch film and talk.
Old 03-28-2014   #3024
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Old 03-28-2014   #3025
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet it's " Behind the Green Door " with the aggie faithful .

Round Dan
Old 03-28-2014   #3026
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I bet it's " Behind the Green Door " with the aggie faithful .
I'd have thought his decision not to work out for teams would have turned the Texans off.

Go figure.
Old 03-28-2014   #3027
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That means they don't plan on drafting him. They want to watch film and talk to see what he sees. See how he operates. Need to know what he's looking at...What he'd do in certain situations.

So if he ends up in the division or we play him some time down the road we know how he operates.

Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2014   #3028
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd have thought his decision not to work out for teams would have turned the Texans off.

Go figure.
Poker face my friend, poker face.
Old 03-28-2014   #3029
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:

Go figure.
Was that his decision or the Texans in this situation? I assume it was the Texans who chose to only talk this through to see his football IQ.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Old 03-28-2014   #3030
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel's leadership, drive and play 100% 100 percent of time has excited me for 2 years. His 1-2-3 run said "no way" but he seems to have improved on that and other issues this last season. I truly expect him to have "off field" situations but that did not happen. I think if he had a solid line that protected him and a good RB, he would remain in pocket more. Other than height, he surpasses all QBs in the things I want.
Old 03-28-2014   #3031
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go figure.
They like the classics .

Round Dan
Old 03-28-2014   #3032
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Manziel's leadership, drive and play 100% 100 percent of time has excited me for 2 years..
That's my biggest worry with Manziel... & Bortles.

They've only been doing it for two years. What's Johnny going to be like when a top 5 draft pick team takes him & he's not winning? When the going get's tough, where does Johnny go? What's he do?

I like players who have been playing Div I football for three or more years to be able to grade as far as consistency goes. We see players all the time drop in the draft projections from one year to the next. Tajh Boyd was supposed to be a late first round pick, two of the better QBs didn't even enter the draft, but Boyd is now considered a 6th round flyer???

Of course, I understand when a player has the kind of year Manziel had (don't really understand Bortles though) now's the time... but those guys don't usually do too well. Not at QB. Not after only two years.

If they do somehow draft Johnny Manziel (& I don't care whether it was the first overall pick or the first second round pick) I hope they have a plan to develop him, with milestones clearly identified for him to achieve before they put him on the field.

Seems like many here aren't looking to win for two or three years anyway, no reason to force the issue.
Old 03-28-2014   #3033
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
And yep, only Aggies like this kid... Link

That is a HUGE compliment coming from Mayock. Do you want the guy that gets the most pumped up when the lights are the brightest on your team or playing against your team? This is the quality guys like Brady, Montana, Steve Young, Johnny U, & Joe Namath have. When the spotlight is on, they turn it on. You either have that quality or you don't. Johnny Manziel has that.
Well , we've had that safe pick the last few seasons in Schaub .... every time he was faced with those bright lights , he crumbled under the pressure.

Manziel is more polarizing than Obama .... you either love him or hate him.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2014   #3034
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Well , we've had that safe pick the last few seasons in Schaub .... every time he was faced with those bright lights , he crumbled under the pressure.

If notoriety is the price of success, I'll make that trade any day. I'd rather win with a hated, unorthodox quarterback than lose with a safe guy.
Old 03-28-2014   #3035
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
All I know is that the next defensive end that rushes with a broom, Johnny Manziel has that **** covered. No problemo!

What a circus. It's kind of bizarre that all the talking heads play down pro days as just part of the process but then go full mancrush and turn NFLN into a infomercial for each QB that has a good pro day.
Those other QB's had the same opportunity to impress on their pro days. They didn't deliver. Bridgewater had a bad day , Bortles was meh .... that pro day is critical to their future , neither showed well with the lights on.

Quote:

according to http://bit.ly/1h3EmQ9 , GM Rick Smith said #Texans will meet with Johnny Manziel in Houston. No workout. They'll watch film and talk.

No need to work him out , they saw him make all the throws yesterday , what they need to see now is the thinking part of the game.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2014   #3036
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Successful teams and fanbases wouldn't worry about this kind of stuff.
when have we ever been a successful team and fan base?

Old 03-28-2014   #3037
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

I would have no problem with JF just not at #1 . If I was the owner I might pull a Bud Adams .

Round Dan
Old 03-28-2014   #3038
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
when have we ever been a successful team and fan base?
Never, which should lead to the Texans org changing their draft philosophy. Part of this would include taking a chance on a guy like Manziel.

Hopefully
Old 03-28-2014   #3039
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 34200 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...No need to work him out , they saw him make all the throws yesterday , what they need to see now is the thinking part of the game.
Just to clarify for those who may not know, they cannot work him out in Houston. Per league rules, private workouts can only be held on the A&M campus or on his high school campus. Manziel has said he will hold a private workout for any team that wants one.
Old 03-28-2014   #3040
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
If we got the SB rings first, I'd take it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read