Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014   #3001
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Word is the Texans met with him for 2 hours yesterday.
Old 03-28-2014   #3002
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Word is the Texans met with him for 2 hours yesterday.
And cyberx of clutchfans, who is confirmed as legit, says the Texans are concerned with the attention he brings.
Old 03-28-2014   #3003
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
No reason to take Manziel if you're going to keep Keenum.
Old 03-28-2014   #3004
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
And cyberx of clutchfans, who is confirmed as legit, says the Texans are concerned with the attention he brings.
I think it sends mixed signals to the team if on one hand you say you're "concerned about the attention he brings" & on the other, you say, "We need to get mentally tougher."

Something about leadership starting at the top & all.
Old 03-28-2014   #3005
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it sends mixed signals to the team if on one hand you say you're "concerned about the attention he brings" & on the other, you say, "We need to get mentally tougher."

One of the first things OB did when he got here was take down all the individual stuff and put up things that signified team.

OB might be concerned that Manziel would defy THAT message.

Being mentally tough has nothing to do with it.
Old 03-28-2014   #3006
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
One of the first things OB did when he got here was take down all the individual stuff and put up things that signified team.

OB might be concerned that Manziel would defy THAT message.

Being mentally tough has nothing to do with it.
& your whole post has nothing to do with being concerned about the attention Manziel brings.

On another note, I just saw this.
Old 03-28-2014   #3007
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& your whole post has nothing to do with being concerned about the attention Manziel brings.
So wanting the team to be a team and taking down all the individual stuff at the facility has nothing to do with the massive amount of attention one player will get?

LOL...ok
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2014   #3008
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Horse pucky. That's like saying "toughen up" and "don't jump on hand grenades" sends mixed signals.
Old 03-28-2014   #3009
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
So wanting the team to be a team and taking down all the individual stuff at the facility has nothing to do with the massive amount of attention one player will get?

LOL...ok
Good! Maybe they wont have dumb player announcements at training camp. That cursed our team last season. I really believe that.
Old 03-28-2014   #3010
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

What about TB and his cross dressing, Lord Bills? Don't forget about that.
Old 03-28-2014   #3011
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
and lol and smdh at the attention thing.

attention? the texans front office is afraid of attention? How the hell are we gonna win the superbowl if the texans are afraid of attention?

sigh...... i dont even..... forget it.
What is hard to understand about individual attention and team attention?
Old 03-28-2014   #3012
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Successful teams and fanbases wouldn't worry about this kind of stuff.
And we are neither of those. Johnny can help this team become that and thus the fanbase as well.
Old 03-28-2014   #3013
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8094 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

would love for us to trade back and nab him.

the thing i like most about manziel is that he has visibly improved over 2 seasons. and this off season is appears he was worked really hard (evident in the proday performance). let's see what the dude can accomplish with an offseason or two in the NFL.

and 1-1 though, I have my doubts just like the rest.
Old 03-28-2014   #3014
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Its gonna be a sad sad sad scene when the Texans pass up on BOTH Johnny Manziel and Clowney and pick Blake Bortles, the guy with the lowest ceiling and has bust written all over him.

I dont know what else manziel has to do in order prove his talent. Playing in the toughest conference in football wasnt enough. Putting up great numbers in that same conference wasnt enough. Making spectacular play after spectacular play showing off his special vision and running ability wasnt enough. Running well in the combine wasnt enough. Having big hands wasnt enough. Passing well in his workout wasnt enough.

I blame mindless espn for ruining this guy's reputation and the gullible idiots like clockwork bought it.

What has this guy really done off the field too garner such character questions?

Did he kill anybody?
Did he rape anybody?
Did he get busted for drugs?
Did he get busted for dui?
Did steal anything?

What is it? What did this guy do to have been flagged with the questionable character?

The autograph thing? Please, NCAA are scumbag money grubbing opportunist with an infantile view on student athlete morality.

The going to a longhorn frat party? you have got to be kidding me. What did he do there? did he darren sharper a couple ladies? Did he get into a fight? What is it? they kicked him out because he was a popular aggie football player?

What else? ahh the Manning Camp thing.

Seriously, the Manning Camp? WTF is that? Is that part of the combine? Is that part of the nfl interview process? The manning camp? Did they play a game football game in the manning camp that proved or disproved a football player's talent?

psst.,

please.

Manziel is the real deal. Mark my words, he will become a successful and exciting nfl player. Ive seen Merril Hodge's typical shock journalism act on espn bashing Manziel. COMPLETE AND UTTER BOLLOCKS. Manziel is no Tebow. Tebow was a bruising runner who bulldozed tacklers. Manziel is a slick runner who relies on vision, angles, and speed.

Mark my words,

Blake Bortles is Matt Schaub 2.0 while Manziel is cut from the same cloth as Russell Wilson, Kapernick, Newton, and RG3.

I dont even care anymore, i hope the texans pass up on BOTH Manziel and clowney. We had a chance to draft patrick willis, julius peppers, russell wilson but instead chose the safe prototypical picks.

HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD, LOW RISK, LOW REWARD.
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD.
NO GUTS, NO GLORY.

Go ahead make the same prototypical "safe" pick so we can have the same prototypical texan result.

***THREAD SUBCRIBED***
Your best post in the thread so far. In total agreement.

All I can say is I will be rooting for Manziel no matter where he goes. He has proven himself on every level, has worked as hard as basically anyone in all of college football, improved significantly on his passing from the pocket between 2012 & 2013, and wants to win more than anyone else on the field. When possibly the great college football coach in history, Nick Saban, calls you the fiercest competitor he has ever faced, that my friend is a guy you want on your team.

As much as it pains me, I will root for Manziel even if he goes to the Titans or Cowboys. Unless we trade out of the pick, it will be inexcusable at this point to pass on Manziel. Clowney is not Mario. He also has serious character questions with how he basically sat this season out and as such, there is no one better for the Texans to pick than Manziel.

I will not be like the VY fans and quit rooting for the Texans if they pass on Johnny. They will always be my team. But I will root for Johnny, because of the improvement he has shown and his desire to work on every aspect of his game, regardless of what team he goes to.
Old 03-28-2014   #3015
Say Watt
Site Contributor

And yep, only Aggies like this kid... Link

Quote:
NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said Thursday if he was a general manager and had to take one QB in the top-10 picks of the 2014 draft, Manziel would be his selection.

“I think the kid loves competition,” Mayock said. “I think the kid lights up like a Christmas tree when all these GMs (are here). Do you want a guy that lights up or a guy that shrinks? And in the NFL … I think he’s that kind of guy.”

That’s a significant change from Feb. 18, when Mayock said Manziel was unsteady and a liability in the pocket, while Bridgewater was the best QB candidate.

Hall of Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice joined Mayock’s side Thursday, comparing Manziel to former San Francisco star teammate Steve Young, who successfully followed the legendary Joe Montana and helped the 49ers win the 1994 Super Bowl.

“If (Manziel) can just relax, stay in the pocket, deliver the ball down the field with accuracy and get the ball in the hands of his playmakers, I think it’s a no-brainer for the Houston Texans to take this guy,” Rice said.
That is a HUGE compliment coming from Mayock. Do you want the guy that gets the most pumped up when the lights are the brightest on your team or playing against your team? This is the quality guys like Brady, Montana, Steve Young, Johnny U, & Joe Namath have. When the spotlight is on, they turn it on. You either have that quality or you don't. Johnny Manziel has that.
Old 03-28-2014   #3016
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Rice's comment is the biggest duh comment I have seen yet. Insert anyone's name into that comment and it's true.
Old 03-28-2014   #3017
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Rice's comment is the biggest duh comment I have seen yet. Insert anyone's name into that comment and it's true.
He came from McShay's school of broadcast....

"Vikings will trade up, trade down or make a selection"
Old 03-28-2014   #3018
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 03-28-2014   #3019
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
LOL
Old 03-28-2014   #3020
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
according to http://bit.ly/1h3EmQ9 , GM Rick Smith said #Texans will meet with Johnny Manziel in Houston. No workout. They'll watch film and talk.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read