Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014   #2861
agproducer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 agproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respectedagproducer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
And Manziel is a rouge scholar? Please.
It's funny y'all are debating intelligence and can't get this right. It's Rhodes scholar.
Old 03-27-2014   #2862
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Funny, I've heard garbage since the Texans inception. Considering half my family is still there and they represent part of the incessant stream, it's assuredly NOT one-way.

I'll give you 70/30 or so though.
I will concede a bit of hyperbole but observe Texans fans came out of the gate with a 5 year case of blue balls and a few decades of pent up frustration which was released in a 19-10 emission resulting in pregnant expectations.
Old 03-27-2014   #2863
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You already knew all you needed to know. Your mind was made up before this started.
Ironic comment.

That's not a shot at you btw. I think it was Texian who pretty much said that same thing this morning. It's true among all of you, not just Mr.White.
Old 03-27-2014   #2864
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel on Gruden's QB Camp tonight on ESPN... coincidence? I think not.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Quote:
The Texans and Jaguars will meet privately with Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel this afternoon.

The Bears and Browns were the two teams not in attendance here at #JohnnyFest
Old 03-27-2014   #2865
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you're labeling him with poor work ethic because of a QB camp that meant nothing but you don't put stock into pro days? And you're labeling him with poor work ethic because you haven't heard he was a cerebral QB or that he doesn't watch film?

You should say these things out loud to hear how stupid they sound before you hit submit. You're making yourself look foolish.
What's foolish is walking out of that camp at all. Can't be that hard. How many other QB's have done it?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 03-27-2014   #2866
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I grew up there. Care to fill me in because his comment is spot on. It is a one way rivalry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Funny, I've heard garbage since the Texans inception. Considering half my family is still there and they represent part of the incessant stream, it's assuredly NOT one-way.

I'll give you 70/30 or so though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
All of my uncles and cousins on my mother's side live in the Dallas area and growing up all ever heard was their bs about the Cowboys. So, in my experience it came from them first.
Quote:
I will concede a bit of hyperbole but observe Texans fans came out of the gate with a 5 year case of blue balls and a few decades of pent up frustration which was released in a 19-10 emission resulting in pregnant expectations.
The Houston/Dallas thing has always seemed very similar to A&M/Texas to me.

We're A&M in that scenario, fortunately and unfortunately.

Dallas has a superiority complex that, at this point, is no longer deserved. And Houston has an embarrassing inferiority complex.
Old 03-27-2014   #2867
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
What's foolish is walking out of that camp at all. Can't be that hard. How many other QB's have done it?
So basically we have stripped your argument down to him leaving or getting asked to leave a QB camp. Thought so! It was a camp. He wasn't required to be there. Who cares? Sorry not trying to dog on you. Just tired of hearing this same crap over and over when it has no validity.
Old 03-27-2014   #2868
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 26739 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

The best thing about the hoopla surround this pro-day is that it may increase the chances of some foolish GM giving up the house to trade up for him.
Old 03-27-2014   #2869
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
The best thing about the hoopla surround this pro-day is that it may increase the chances of some foolish GM giving up the house to trade up for him.
This would be the best thing that could happen.
Old 03-27-2014   #2870
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Dallas has a superiority complex that, at this point, is no longer deserved. And Houston has an embarrassing inferiority complex.
As someone currently living in DFW and with most of my family near or in Houston, i find this analogy pretty accurate.
Old 03-27-2014   #2871
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I recall the first time I ever attended a Texans game at Reliant. My friends and I were walking up to the ticketing gate, and a guy in front of us had a custom made Texans jersey with the words "DUCK FALLAS" across the back. It was even more funny/sad that he was holding his 5 year old daughters' hand while walking up to the gate. I really wish I had snapped a picture of it, it was gold. We all got a good laugh out of it.

If anyone ever spots a "HUCK FOUSTON" Dallas jersey, please let me know. Otherwise, the hate is generally one-way.
Old 03-27-2014   #2872
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
All of my uncles and cousins on my mother's side live in the Dallas area and growing up all ever heard was their bs about the Cowboys. So, in my experience it came from them first.
Why would it be otherwise? They talk about their team and they had a lot of achievement on their side at the time. 21 years without a losing season followed by a brief hiatus and then 3 SB wins is something to talk about.

How many Cowboys fans do you hear say "I root for anyone playing the Oilers/Texans." Virtually none. But it is a common refrain for Houston fans to say they root for anyone playing the Cowboys.

Quote:

I think that is a fair assessment.
Old 03-27-2014   #2873
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn it I lol'd
Old 03-27-2014   #2874
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Much as I hate to say it, that's probably a very accurate analogy.
Old 03-27-2014   #2875
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hype
Celebrity friends - Cause NFL players don't have this
Questionable work ethic Not on the field
Fanatical followers Obviously not since half the Aggie fans didn't like his cocky attitude during the off season.

Seriously.
You're reaching like, a lot.
Old 03-27-2014   #2876
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82375 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well to be fair an Aggie was the face of the Texans for 8 yrs. So the current state of the Texans (Personnel issues and their inferiority complex should be expected.)
Old 03-27-2014   #2877
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Well to be fair an Aggie was the face of the Texans for 8 yrs. So the current state of the Texans (Personnel issues and their inferiority complex should be expected.)
We're talking about the inferiority complex of the city and the fans, not the team itself.
Old 03-27-2014   #2878
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll just say this, whoever drafts him will have a circus on their hands for quite a while.

Other than that, he looked good. I can't say much for the broom stick. Dude just doesn't make plays
Old 03-27-2014   #2879
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not fully accurate and it comes down to whether you believe Manziel's version of events.

Quote:
Nailed it!
Old 03-27-2014   #2880
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you're labeling him with poor work ethic because of a QB camp that meant nothing but you don't put stock into pro days? And you're labeling him with poor work ethic because you haven't heard he was a cerebral QB or that he doesn't watch film?
Look, first I don't even want a QB drafted in the first so I'm not playing in the Bortles v. Bridgewater v. Manziel squabble.

However, if you're politicking for the number ONE spot in this year's draft, EVERY football move you make MEANS SOMETHING.

You are invited to go to a very respected football camp to learn how the pros do things and then you can't show up at the appointed time. Then you compound that by lying about it to everyone by throwing your roomie under the bus by claiming "he didn't wake me up".

Yeah... it matters when you screw the pooch on so many different levels. He may be a notch above VY but his behavior sure is giving off some serious Ryan Leaf vibes.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read