Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014   #2821
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Whatever.

Was a good moment in this thread a few pages back, but now I see it's back to it's regular scheduled programming. Time to bow out.
Old 03-27-2014   #2822
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What red flags? Seriously?
Hype
Celebrity friends
Questionable work ethic
Fanatical followers

Seriously.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 03-27-2014   #2823
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
And he is a damn implosion waiting to happen just like VY.
Manziel can read an NFL playbook.
Old 03-27-2014   #2824
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because he went and partied after he won the Heisman? Please direct me to all of his incidents that occurred during the football season.

Like I said, you are ignorant.
Old 03-27-2014   #2825
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Whatever.

Was a good moment in this thread a few pages back, but now I see it's back to it's regular scheduled programming. Time to bow out.
You mean where you were drooling over his deep balls.
Old 03-27-2014   #2826
TXAg14
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerruh will take every opportunity he can get to rub anything in Houstons face. remember the damn red checkerboard comments?

He is already openly enamored with Manziel and I would NOT put it past him

Jerruh already has Romo. And he got Brandon Weeden. So if he drafts Manziel by some miracle trade, then he's gotta trade Romo and his ridiculous contract or else have two well-paid QBs on his roster. Seems a little bit of a stretch.

How is Manziel an implosion waiting to happen? Could you say the same thing about hundreds of NFL players?
Old 03-27-2014   #2827
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
You can repeat it all you want, but Manziel is twice the player VY was. He's smarter, has a stronger arm, is more accurate, has better pocket presence, better vision, is faster, and is shiftier. The only thing VY has on Manziel is size. You people are blinded by ignorance.
They said the same thing back then to the VY/Michael Vick comparison.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2014   #2828
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Hype
Celebrity friends
Questionable work ethic
Fanatical followers

Seriously.
Longhorn homer just can't handle an Aggie with some skill.

You too are ignorant if you can watch today's showing and still say he has "questionable work ethic." Nearly every area scouts said he needed improvement on, he showed improvement. The one thing he did wrong was drop his arm a few times.

I really don't know what world it is you people live in.
Old 03-27-2014   #2829
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
They said the same thing back then to the VY/Michael Vick comparison.
VY had no accuracy and was as dumb as a sack of bricks.
Old 03-27-2014   #2830
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93054 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerruh will take every opportunity he can get to rub anything in Houstons face. remember the damn red checkerboard comments?

He is already openly enamored with Manziel and I would NOT put it past him

Houston's weird sports inferiority complex pops up again...
Old 03-27-2014   #2831
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hype
Celebrity friends
Questionable work ethic
Fanatical followers

Seriously.
So he gets a red flag for having hype, celebrity friends and fanatical followers? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. And show me one instance where he showed questionable work ethic.
Old 03-27-2014   #2832
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Yes, I like Manziel. Yes, I am an Aggie. But you will also see I have not posted in this thread in months, because I wanted to see if Manziel was going to take the time to improve upon his deficiencies and stay out of trouble. He has done both of those things, and today was better than anyone expected.

Wake up, because there is a pretty damn good chance he is wearing Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red this coming season.
Old 03-27-2014   #2833
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
VY had no accuracy and was as dumb as a sack of bricks.
And Manziel is a rouge scholar? Please.

Its a damn pro day and you are ready to have children with him
Old 03-27-2014   #2834
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Houston's weird sports inferiority complex pops up again...
I've never seen Dallas fans with any real enmity towards Houston. My cousin is five, six years older than me and grew up in Austin is a dedicated Cowboys fan and doesn't mind cheering for the Texans. Unfortunately he's also a Horn fan... but you take the good with the bad, right?

Point is, I've only seen Dallas hate coming from Houston, never vice versa.
Old 03-27-2014   #2835
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quick question. Was O'brien the only Texans rep there? I didnt see Rick Smith.
Old 03-27-2014   #2836
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
According to reports, O'Brien and Rick Smith were both there. Someone mentioned Cal McNair but I'm not sure if that's true. George Godsey was also there.
Old 03-27-2014   #2837
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Obviously you are.
Old 03-27-2014   #2838
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

By all accounts he's considered very intelligent. Out of the big three he is the only one that nailed his pro day. So yeh it's just a pro day but at least he performed at the high level he should of performed at. Bridgewater choked like a little *****.

Lots of bad QB's have had good pro days but rarely does a good QB have a bad one.
Old 03-27-2014   #2839
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
According to reports, O'Brien and Rick Smith were both there. Someone mentioned Cal McNair but I'm not sure if that's true. George Godsey was also there.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2014   #2840
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post

He was with Mike Tomlin and McNabb in the beginning.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read