Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014   #2381
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137393 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
These kids aren't out there wasting their time. This is about a level playing field. No Mike Evans. No spread offenses. No Greg Robinsons. Mano e mano

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Is that why AJ McCarron refused to play in the Senior Bowl?

And besides, they aren't playing on a level playing field. They're not even in a game-day situation at all. Totally different.
Old 02-21-2014   #2382
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Game tape is how you should judge every player.
LOL! Yep, I just meant all this other pizazz might help other players, but not likely Johnny. He's such a unique prospect.
Old 02-21-2014   #2383
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
No, so basically he's less than 6 ft. As I recall he virtually guaranteed he would be 6 feet tall, so basically then this is the first turd in Manziel's pile of BS.
And now watch his 40 time when he runs - he'll be lucky to break 4.70.
Yep, that dreaded 1/4 inch defecit, what a friggin bald-faced liar.

Anyone considering taking him in the draft should be warned that his track record for deception runs very deep.

Heck, I can't even imagine why Sumlin let the guy start for him.
Old 02-21-2014   #2384
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137393 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Yep, that dreaded 1/4 inch defecit, what a friggin bald-faced liar.

Anyone considering taking him in the draft should be warned that his track record for deception runs very deep.

Heck, I can't even imagine why Sumlin let the guy start for him.
I think this might have something to do with it. Not sure though.

Old 02-21-2014   #2385
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I think this might have something to do with it. Not sure though.

Hell of a play by Evans...

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-21-2014   #2386
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hell of a play by Evans...
Well, you're certainly not wrong . I'm intrigued to see what the dude's 40 time is. I know it doesn't mean a whole lot, but Evans is faster than I think he is given credit for.
Old 02-21-2014   #2387
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, you're certainly not wrong . I'm intrigued to see what the dude's 40 time is. I know it doesn't mean a whole lot, but Evans is faster than I think he is given credit for.
Great athlete, just very raw with the intricacies of playing WR. Probably a 4.5, which is great for his size.

I'm more interested to see what Benjamin will run. There's rumors that he could go sub 4.5.

- The Immortal Bo
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2014   #2388
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
No, so basically he's less than 6 ft. As I recall he virtually guaranteed he would be 6 feet tall, so basically then this is the first turd in Manziel's pile of BS.
And now watch his 40 time when he runs - he'll be lucky to break 4.70.
I hope my sarcasm detector is off. The dude is 6ft tall. At 5'11 and 3/4 inch height I'm curious what his driver's license says.
Old 02-21-2014   #2389
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Great athlete, just very raw with the intricacies of playing WR. Probably a 4.5, which is great for his size.

I'm more interested to see what Benjamin will run. There's rumors that he could go sub 4.5.
If Benjamin runs somewhere in the 4.40s he could catapult himself into top 15, top 10 even. People are going to fall in love with that size and red zone ability, even if drop balls are a concern.

He could go to the Jets and become the next Stephen Hill or he could become the next big bodied threat.
Old 02-21-2014   #2390
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm Manziel uses ummm like ummm a lot. Ummmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 02-21-2014   #2391
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Ummm Manziel uses ummm like ummm a lot. Ummmm.
Kinda reminds me of younger Sean Penn.

Ha, he just called Bortles a "kid".
Old 02-21-2014   #2392
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If Benjamin runs somewhere in the 4.40s he could catapult himself into top 15, top 10 even. People are going to fall in love with that size and red zone ability, even if drop balls are a concern.

He could go to the Jets and become the next Stephen Hill or he could become the next big bodied threat.
He's a lot better than Stephen Hill was when coming out, but still pretty raw. I liken him more to Demaryius Thomas.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-21-2014   #2393
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's a lot better than Stephen Hill was when coming out, but still pretty raw. I liken him more to Demaryius Thomas.
If he goes to the right team, then, I think he could be extremely successful. How would you feel about him on the Lions? Jeez, that offense would be scary as hell with Megatron and Benjamin headlining it.
Old 02-21-2014   #2394
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If he goes to the right team, then, I think he could be extremely successful. How would you feel about him on the Lions? Jeez, that offense would be scary as hell with Megatron and Benjamin headlining it.
If they took him in the 1st round then I would feel like the Lions really don't understand the draft.

That said, that duo would be ridiculous. He definitely needs some coaching though.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-21-2014   #2395
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel is a lock for the Texans. He's wearing #8 during the combine.
Old 02-21-2014   #2396
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher View Post
#8 texans?.....you also just inadvertently condemned him to suck too...
Old 02-21-2014   #2397
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Sumlin referred Manziel for alcohol concerns to on campus counseling. Had meetings with him for next couple of years.

Manziel 1
O'Brien 0

OB's presser coincides with JFF... room is nearly empty for the new coach.
Old 02-21-2014   #2398
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher View Post
Dont you put that evil on him SWISHER, dont you put that evil on him!
Old 02-21-2014   #2399
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Is that why AJ McCarron refused to play in the Senior Bowl?

And besides, they aren't playing on a level playing field. They're not even in a game-day situation at all. Totally different.
Who said anything about game day? I said level playing field. We've already seen what they can do on game day. This isn't about replacing what we already know. Just more information to add to what we already know.

Old 02-21-2014   #2400
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
lol at people still talking about his height and not drafting quarterbacks unless they are 6'3 tall. What a stupid line of thinking.

hasnt the height thing been debunked by the doug fluties, drew brees, and russell wilsons of the world?

height? are we seriously talking about height here?

What the hell has height ever gotten us with our quarterbacks?
Our QBs weren't limited by their height. & as soon as 5' tall QBs start racking up super bowls & first time HOF status, I'll change my way of thinking.

Besides, I've stated repeatedly, bluntly that I like Manziel most of the top three. So its not like I'm only looking at height, as you imply.

I'm also not against drafting QBs who aren't 6'3" i never said as much. Just won't do it with the number one overall. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. He'd have to be an extremely special talent.

& while I do think Johnny is special enough for someone to think he is a top 5 pick, I think it would be a mistake.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read