Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014   #2221
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

He may be an self centered jack a$$, but if we draft him, he'll be our arrogant SOB and I'll love him for it.

And if he is a Jag (or any other teams) , I'll 'hate' his guts.
Old 02-14-2014   #2222
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
guy's full of crap!!! Insert any teams name and he will say how he desperately wants to get picked by them
Him growing up as a cowboys fans doesn't remotely have anything to do with what he said. As a Houston fan and a fan of sports teams in this city, I really wish this city would overcome the inferiority complex they have with Dallas..seriously, it's unbecoming.

I had the misfortune of living in that city for a couple of years and I learned this make believe rivalry between the cities is completely one sided. People in Dallas don't even know about it or talk about it.

I'm not even a Manziel fan, but I still don't understand the criticism of his statement for wanting to play in state and be the #1 ovrl choice. Being a Cowboys fan doesn't mean anything.. He wasn't a Agg fan either growing up.. Mack's dumbass just thought he wasn't good enough to compete at QB

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-15-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-14-2014   #2223
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
That cocky bravado is...
Brian Bosworth did the same. So did every other player who decided he was "snubbed" -- the latest being Richard Sherman. It's marketing. Fluff. Didn't resolve any of his limitations or change one play of what he put on tape.
Old 02-14-2014   #2224
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
suicide bombers also have a lot of confidence.

The fact that suicide bombing and cross dressing is not good yet they still do it is a problem.

BTW, im pro gay rights.

Im just not pro having a franchise quarterback as a cross dresser.
Sorry, but can you substantiate why you believe suicide bombers have a lot of confidence?

Texan, back in Texas!
Old 02-14-2014   #2225
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Brian Bosworth did the same. So did every other player who decided he was "snubbed" -- the latest being Richard Sherman. It's marketing. Fluff. Didn't resolve any of his limitations or change one play of what he put on tape.
The difference is a lot of guys who feel slighted don't put in the work to show that they're worthy of being on a different level. Sherman proved it. MJD proved. Jerry Rice proved it. Manziel kind of proved it his second year. Its still a question whether or not he'll prove it in the league. I don't know if Manziel is going to be a huge success in the NFL. I like his confidence though.

He didn't put anyone else down while making his comments. Just simply stated he feels like he'll be the best pick for the team, and if they choose someone else then he'll show why it was a mistake. I honestly don't see the big deal.
Old 02-14-2014   #2226
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The difference is a lot of guys who feel slighted don't put in the work to show that they're worthy of being on a different level. Sherman proved it. MJD proved. Jerry Rice proved it. Manziel kind of proved it his second year. Its still a question whether or not he'll prove it in the league. I don't know if Manziel is going to be a huge success in the NFL. I like his confidence though.

He didn't put anyone else down while making his comments. Just simply stated he feels like he'll be the best pick for the team, and if they choose someone else then he'll show why it was a mistake. I honestly don't see the big deal.
the big deal is going to be when he proves it, that's when

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-15-2014   #2227
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
the big deal is going to be when he proves it, that's when
LOL if he becomes the new Peyton Manning of the AFC South and just owns the Texans game after game, year after year. Not saying they are the same type of players or that this will happen.......But if it does......LOL at Texan's curse
Old 02-15-2014   #2228
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not homophobic, but I've never had the desire to dress in women's clothes under any circumstance. Maybe he lost a bet or something, but I don't even think I'd bet if it meant me dressing like that if I lost.
yep. that is GROSS.

Manziel has some cojones! I wonder if all the Manziel haters are Longhorn fans
Old 02-15-2014   #2229
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
suicide bombers also have a lot of confidence.

The fact that suicide bombing and cross dressing is not good yet they still do it is a problem.

BTW, im pro gay rights.

Im just not pro having a franchise quarterback as a cross dresser.
Dumb ass post of the decade?
Old 02-15-2014   #2230
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bridgwater or Bortles would have given that exact same interview it would have been received totally different. Anything Manziel does or says will always be spun negative by his haters.

Honestly, I think this interview just did a lot for Manziel's case for us selecting him at 1.1. I am sure his agent advised him to come out and say something like this, because now he is making it known that he wants to play for us, and I like that a lot. Obviously everyone wants to be the #1 pick, but I think for Johnny it is more specific to this team than the others.

The most interesting part about this interview for me was:

Quote:
Manziel's preparation for the combine includes film study with Kevin O'Connell, who was a New England Patriots backup quarterback when Texans coach Bill O'Brien was an assistant there under Bill Belichick. O'Connell is helping Manziel learn O'Brien's likes and dislikes about offensive football, and he can't wait to talk to O'Brien about it next week in Indianapolis.

"In Indianapolis, I want to be able to sit there and him draw a play on the board and be like, 'Coach, that was your third-and-12 play from the Super Bowl," Manziel said. "You called that on the right hash from the 42-yard line driving in to score to win the game.' I want to blow his lid off when I'm in that situation."
In my mind it will mean a lot to O'Brien if Manziel comes in and blows him away on the chalkboard. Really shows he has the drive to play in Houston and will come in and learn whatever is put before him.
Old 02-15-2014   #2231
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the humorous posts Lord Bills. You are internet comedy gold.
Old 02-15-2014   #2232
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lord Bills is not a representative of Texas A&M University or any Aggies anywhere. Just saying. Gotta put it out there.
Old 02-15-2014   #2233
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 29405 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
Sorry, but can you substantiate why you believe suicide bombers have a lot of confidence?
I just wish the next time a volunteer is asked to do the deed, he simply says, you first, if it's so great.

I particularly liked the little accident a few days ago where the teacher accidentally used a live vest in his demonstration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/wo...pils.html?_r=0
Old 02-15-2014   #2234
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 29405 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Back to Manziel, his bravado only works if he follows it up on the field.
Old 02-15-2014   #2235
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dumb ass post of the decade?
Don't underestimate his dumbass post prowess. He will outdo himself I guarantee it.
Old 02-15-2014   #2236
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
yep. that is GROSS.

I don't like the longhorns and I like manziel as a player. I'm just concerned about his dedication to his profession just as I am about clowney. I wouldn't consider any other prospect worthy of being first overall so I'd like to see a trade down if the texans are not convinced about these two.
Old 02-15-2014   #2237
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Lord Bills is not a representative of Texas A&M University or any Aggies anywhere. Just saying. Gotta put it out there.
Me thinks he's a representative of Houston CAN Academy A&M.
Old 02-15-2014   #2238
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
If Bridgwater or Bortles would have given that exact same interview it would have been received totally different. Anything Manziel does or says will always be spun negative by his haters.
Sure is easy to knock down imaginary enemies.

Quote:
Honestly, I think this interview just did a lot for Manziel's case for us selecting him at 1.1.
I think the training portion was a positive and the daring portion was unwise but will be insignificant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Lord Bills is an Indy fan who comes here to chuck grenades around.
Old 02-15-2014   #2239
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to think that Manziel is worthy of the 1-1 pick, I think he would be great for the city similar to Earl for the Oilers. But looking at the highlight clips, I just don't see the skills which will translate to the NFL. I might would risk a #2 on him, but not 1-1. If anyone has links to him standing in the pocket and finding his receiver downfield, I'd like to see his mechanics in this situation.
Old 02-15-2014   #2240
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
yep. that is GROSS.

No.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read