Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014   #2201
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That cocky bravado is what makes him such a great player and gets him in trouble at times as well. You want your QB to have Manziel's attitude. Its no different than Manning or Brady, but they're a little more understated. The job of his next coach is to get him to keep that confidence, but play a little more controlled.
Old 02-14-2014   #2202
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Article impressed me about him... no doubt his play on the field .
Old 02-14-2014   #2203
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-state-texans
Jesus, this kid is not just full of crap, he's seriously in need of professional help as he's clearly got a bad case of delusions of grandeur. I dunno but didn't another Texas native, Vince Young, make the same kind of outlandish boasts/threats when he was coming out of college because I'm getting a deja vu kinda vibe
with Manziel's horsecrap.
Old 02-14-2014   #2204
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I'm still all for Bridgewater #1, but the Aggie in me is pushing hard for the kid from Aggieland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...to-pass-on-him
"People can call me crazy, and it's not cockiness (but), I'm going to put myself in (position) to win the Super Bowl every single year. A 5-10 guy (Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson) just won the Super Bowl in his second year in the NFL," he said. "That's unreal. I want to be the first rookie to win the Super Bowl."

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl."

Manziel's preparation for the combine includes film study with Kevin O'Connell, who was a New England Patriots backup quarterback when Texans coach Bill O'Brien was an assistant there under Bill Belichick. O'Connell is helping Manziel learn O'Brien's likes and dislikes about offensive football, and he can't wait to talk to O'Brien about it next week in Indianapolis.

I like that last part the most. You have to swing for the fences with this #1 pick and go with the guy with the highest upside. Trust the game film and trust his competition. The guy is a playmaker. Something our storied quarterback history has never had. Look at the throws that he makes.

Havent texan fans had enough of the prototypical QBs?

Remember the most important criteria for quarterback greatness we talked about?

Does he have a great name?

-It cant get any better than Johnny football.

Is he good looking enough?

-If he is good looking, he is confident. If he is confident he gets the girl hence guys want to follow him. Cant you just feel his confidence when you read his quotes even about going to cleveland?

That's the type of swagger Manziel comes with and its infectious in the locker room. Complete opposite of Schaub's muted catatonic magnificence.

This is who Johnny Football comes homes to:

Check mate.

You think teddy bridgewater and his crossdressing self can pull that?

Draft the spectacular player who knows how to score (remember that problem we had with scoring??????) and lets win some games and look good doing it.
Old 02-14-2014   #2205
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-state-texans
Jesus, this kid is not just full of crap, he's seriously in need of professional help as he's clearly got a bad case of delusions of grandeur. I dunno but didn't another Texas native, Vince Young, make the same kind of outlandish boasts/threats when he was coming out of college because I'm getting a deja vu kinda vibe
with Manziel's horsecrap.
Not saying you're wrong for your opinion, but I look at this from a COMPLETELY different angle. What makes him full of crap? This is the same thing that many guys say except they normally say it after the draft. MJD has talked about being slighted by the other 31 teams his whole career.
Old 02-14-2014   #2206
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

seriously, who do you want to follow?

a guy who does this:

or a guy who does this:

Dont say i didnt warn you about the cross dresser.
Old 02-14-2014   #2207
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the most confidence you can show is stepping out in heels and walking tall even though you know you don't look good.
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2014   #2208
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I think the most confidence you can show is stepping out in heels and walking tall even though you know you don't look good.
suicide bombers also have a lot of confidence.

The fact that suicide bombing and cross dressing is not good yet they still do it is a problem.

BTW, im pro gay rights.

Im just not pro having a franchise quarterback as a cross dresser.
Old 02-14-2014   #2209
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Not saying you're wrong for your opinion, but I look at this from a COMPLETELY different angle. What makes him full of crap? This is the same thing that many guys say except they normally say it after the draft. MJD has talked about being slighted by the other 31 teams his whole career.
He's alternately boasting about how terrific he is, then threatening the Texans brass if they pass on him with their top pick in the Draft. Hey, the kid has got a mouth that overloads his skinny little azz and he's sounding more and more like a jerk, which no coach wants on his team. He should just show up at the Combine and work out, then do the same at his Pro day, and keep his mouth shut unless he's asked a question by a prospective NFL employer.
Old 02-14-2014   #2210
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
He's alternately boasting about how terrific he is, then threatening the Texans brass if they pass on him with their top pick in the Draft. Hey, the kid has got a mouth that overloads his skinny little azz and he's sounding more and more like a jerk, which no coach wants on his team. He should just show up at the Combine and work out, then do the same at his Pro day, and keep his mouth shut unless he's asked a question by a prospective NFL employer.
I guess this is an example of 2 people reading the same quotes and feeling completely different about what we just read. But fair enough though.
Old 02-14-2014   #2211
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24336 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess this is an example of 2 people reading the same quotes and feeling completely different about what we just read. But fair enough though.
I think this only reinforces everybody's starting position. Those who already loved him will love it. Those who hate him will hate it. Those who haven't made up their mind will be uncertain about it.
Old 02-14-2014   #2212
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
suicide bombers also have a lot of confidence.

The fact that suicide bombing and cross dressing is not good yet they still do it is a problem.

BTW, im pro gay rights.

Im just not pro having a franchise quarterback as a cross dresser.
He could wear a pink dress and high heels for all I care as long as he produces and wins games.

My brain is still leaning towards Teddy but I admit I would be super excited if they call JFF's name on draft day. He's the sexier pick imo.
Old 02-14-2014   #2213
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's confidence but I'm not sure it doesn't take it too far into "annoyance."

I like the attitude but he'll need to become a bit more understated once he enters the league.

I'm just not certain I want the circus to come to town.
Old 02-14-2014   #2214
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
seriously, who do you want to follow? a guy who does this:

Not sure if sarcasm, but you do know that Teddy did this for Halloween, right? It's not like he's Oscar De La Hoya...
Old 02-14-2014   #2215
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Not sure if sarcasm, but you do know that Teddy did this for Halloween, right? It's not like he's Oscar De La Hoya...
I'm not homophobic, but I've never had the desire to dress in women's clothes under any circumstance. Maybe he lost a bet or something, but I don't even think I'd bet if it meant me dressing like that if I lost.
Old 02-14-2014   #2216
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Manziel

It was a class project. So yeah I'd want the guy that goes to class and puts in work.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 02-14-2014   #2217
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not homophobic, but I've never had the desire to dress in women's clothes under any circumstance. Maybe he lost a bet or something, but I don't even think I'd bet if it meant me dressing like that if I lost.
For the record, my best buddy (high school valedictorian) lost a bet with his girl and had to put on one of her dresses at a party.

While he might have lost a little dignity, I had to give him props for having the guts to do it.
Old 02-14-2014   #2218
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Want no partvof manziel. The dude is an attention whore. Shut the **** up already!! Jeez..
Old 02-14-2014   #2219
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Clowney guy,

One thing is for sure, Manziel doesn't lack for confidence. I like the fact that he's doing his homework for the combine.
Old 02-14-2014   #2220
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“me growing up as a cowboys fan--i was born at halftime of a cowboys game--that would almost be a folktale in the correct direction. We'd have to call that johnny something else. I don't know what it would be."
guy's full of crap!!! Insert any teams name and he will say how he desperately wants to get picked by them
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read