Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014   #2201
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
suicide bombers also have a lot of confidence.

The fact that suicide bombing and cross dressing is not good yet they still do it is a problem.

BTW, im pro gay rights.

Im just not pro having a franchise quarterback as a cross dresser.
Dumb ass post of the decade?
Old 02-15-2014   #2202
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bridgwater or Bortles would have given that exact same interview it would have been received totally different. Anything Manziel does or says will always be spun negative by his haters.

Honestly, I think this interview just did a lot for Manziel's case for us selecting him at 1.1. I am sure his agent advised him to come out and say something like this, because now he is making it known that he wants to play for us, and I like that a lot. Obviously everyone wants to be the #1 pick, but I think for Johnny it is more specific to this team than the others.

The most interesting part about this interview for me was:

Quote:
» Manziel's preparation for the combine includes film study with Kevin O'Connell, who was a New England Patriots backup quarterback when Texans coach Bill O'Brien was an assistant there under Bill Belichick. O'Connell is helping Manziel learn O'Brien's likes and dislikes about offensive football, and he can't wait to talk to O'Brien about it next week in Indianapolis.

"In Indianapolis, I want to be able to sit there and him draw a play on the board and be like, 'Coach, that was your third-and-12 play from the Super Bowl," Manziel said. "You called that on the right hash from the 42-yard line driving in to score to win the game.' I want to blow his lid off when I'm in that situation."
In my mind it will mean a lot to O'Brien if Manziel comes in and blows him away on the chalkboard. Really shows he has the drive to play in Houston and will come in and learn whatever is put before him.
Old 02-15-2014   #2203
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the humorous posts Lord Bills. You are internet comedy gold.
Old 02-15-2014   #2204
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lord Bills is not a representative of Texas A&M University or any Aggies anywhere. Just saying. Gotta put it out there.
Old 02-15-2014   #2205
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
Sorry, but can you substantiate why you believe suicide bombers have a lot of confidence?
I just wish the next time a volunteer is asked to do the deed, he simply says, you first, if it's so great.

I particularly liked the little accident a few days ago where the teacher accidentally used a live vest in his demonstration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/wo...pils.html?_r=0
Old 02-15-2014   #2206
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Back to Manziel, his bravado only works if he follows it up on the field.
Old 02-15-2014   #2207
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dumb ass post of the decade?
Don't underestimate his dumbass post prowess. He will outdo himself I guarantee it.
Old 02-15-2014   #2208
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
yep. that is GROSS.

Manziel has some cojones! I wonder if all the Manziel haters are Longhorn fans
I don't like the longhorns and I like manziel as a player. I'm just concerned about his dedication to his profession just as I am about clowney. I wouldn't consider any other prospect worthy of being first overall so I'd like to see a trade down if the texans are not convinced about these two.
Old 02-15-2014   #2209
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Lord Bills is not a representative of Texas A&M University or any Aggies anywhere. Just saying. Gotta put it out there.
Me thinks he's a representative of Houston CAN Academy A&M.
Old 02-15-2014   #2210
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
If Bridgwater or Bortles would have given that exact same interview it would have been received totally different. Anything Manziel does or says will always be spun negative by his haters.
Sure is easy to knock down imaginary enemies.

Quote:
Honestly, I think this interview just did a lot for Manziel's case for us selecting him at 1.1.
I think the training portion was a positive and the daring portion was unwise but will be insignificant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Lord Bills is an Indy fan who comes here to chuck grenades around.
Old 02-15-2014   #2211
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20095 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to think that Manziel is worthy of the 1-1 pick, I think he would be great for the city similar to Earl for the Oilers. But looking at the highlight clips, I just don't see the skills which will translate to the NFL. I might would risk a #2 on him, but not 1-1. If anyone has links to him standing in the pocket and finding his receiver downfield, I'd like to see his mechanics in this situation.
Old 02-15-2014   #2212
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
yep. that is GROSS.

Manziel has some cojones! I wonder if all the Manziel haters are Longhorn fans
No.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 02-15-2014   #2213
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

On a side note I find it a little odd that Manziel is the only 2014 nfl draftee attending Dres golf event. But it could be making something out of nothing
http://www.andrejohnson80.com//wp-co...14/02/f323.pdf

Your man... Pots and pans
Old 02-15-2014   #2214
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“It would be the worst decision they’ve ever made,” Manziel said, while talking to reporters from the Houston Chronicle and Fort-Worth Star Telegram. “I’d be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."
Two key qualities you look for in a leader is maturity and good decision making. Manziel demonstrated neither with this interview.
Old 02-15-2014   #2215
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Two key qualities you look for in a leader is maturity and good decision making. Manziel demonstrated neither with this interview.
Is this the, "Let's tear down the other guy" strategy of making our guy look good?
Old 02-15-2014   #2216
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did nothing of the sort, but if it makes you feel better, you stick with your interpretation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-15-2014   #2217
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Peyton Manning basically told the Dolts the same thing before that draft .... If you don't pick me , I'm gonna kick your ass for the next decade!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 02-15-2014   #2218
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Is this the, "Let's tear down the other guy" strategy of making our guy look good?
I don't quite follow. Who are you referring to as our guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
He did nothing of the sort, but if it makes you feel better, you stick with your interpretation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Looks like I touched a nerve.

Manziel had nothing to gain by daring the Texans, and took an unnecessary risk towards turning them off. That indicates poor decision making to the evaluators. Is Bill O'Brien, the guy known for chewing out Tom Brady, going to be impressed by a rhyming Frito idiom from a 21 year old kid? What about Rick Smith, who expressed disinterest in "bringing the circus to town" when Favre was available? What inroads did Dunte Robinson make by daring Rick Smith? Sure, different situations, but Manziel doesn't know that. It comes back to decision making.

The Texans are currently a team of veterans in need of a new on-field leader, and a 21 year old candidate needs to demonstrate he has the maturity to command their respect. At this phase of the evaluation, if he indicates uncertainty in that quality, there are two other QB candidates who will step up to prove it.

Last edited by Brisco_County; 02-15-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2014   #2219
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Peyton Manning basically told the Dolts the same thing before that draft .... If you don't pick me , I'm gonna kick your ass for the next decade!
Peyton is an immature brat as well Corrosion. Like someone else said, Manziel is going to rub people the wrong way with anything he does or says because they don't like him. Nevermind that he turned down $500,000 during Super Bowl weekend to train or kept his commitment to a sick kid he's befriended when he could have easily made up excuses not to be there for him. Those things don't fit the Manziel is a cocky jerk narrative.

The younger Manning showed far more immaturity in how he handled his draft situation, and you've already made note of the older Manning saying basically the same thing.
Old 02-15-2014   #2220
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Peyton is an immature brat as well Corrosion. Like someone else said, Manziel is going to rub people the wrong way with anything he does or says because they don't like him. Nevermind that he turned down $500,000 during Super Bowl weekend to train or kept his commitment to a sick kid he's befriended when he could have easily made up excuses not to be there for him. Those things don't fit the Manziel is a cocky jerk narrative.

The younger Manning showed far more immaturity in how he handled his draft situation, and you've already made note of the older Manning saying basically the same thing.
Yup, you're right. Anyone who even entertains the idea of a discussion of anything related to Manziel having even the remotest pittance of a chance of being considered less than perfection is clearly a hater.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read