Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014   #2181
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Not saying you're wrong for your opinion, but I look at this from a COMPLETELY different angle. What makes him full of crap? This is the same thing that many guys say except they normally say it after the draft. MJD has talked about being slighted by the other 31 teams his whole career.
He's alternately boasting about how terrific he is, then threatening the Texans brass if they pass on him with their top pick in the Draft. Hey, the kid has got a mouth that overloads his skinny little azz and he's sounding more and more like a jerk, which no coach wants on his team. He should just show up at the Combine and work out, then do the same at his Pro day, and keep his mouth shut unless he's asked a question by a prospective NFL employer.
Old 02-14-2014   #2182
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
He's alternately boasting about how terrific he is, then threatening the Texans brass if they pass on him with their top pick in the Draft. Hey, the kid has got a mouth that overloads his skinny little azz and he's sounding more and more like a jerk, which no coach wants on his team. He should just show up at the Combine and work out, then do the same at his Pro day, and keep his mouth shut unless he's asked a question by a prospective NFL employer.
I guess this is an example of 2 people reading the same quotes and feeling completely different about what we just read. But fair enough though.
Old 02-14-2014   #2183
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess this is an example of 2 people reading the same quotes and feeling completely different about what we just read. But fair enough though.
I think this only reinforces everybody's starting position. Those who already loved him will love it. Those who hate him will hate it. Those who haven't made up their mind will be uncertain about it.
Old 02-14-2014   #2184
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I think the most confidence you can show is stepping out in heels and walking tall even though you know you don't look good.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
suicide bombers also have a lot of confidence.

The fact that suicide bombing and cross dressing is not good yet they still do it is a problem.

BTW, im pro gay rights.

Im just not pro having a franchise quarterback as a cross dresser.
He could wear a pink dress and high heels for all I care as long as he produces and wins games.

My brain is still leaning towards Teddy but I admit I would be super excited if they call JFF's name on draft day. He's the sexier pick imo.
Old 02-14-2014   #2185
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's confidence but I'm not sure it doesn't take it too far into "annoyance."

I like the attitude but he'll need to become a bit more understated once he enters the league.

I'm just not certain I want the circus to come to town.
Old 02-14-2014   #2186
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
seriously, who do you want to follow? a guy who does this:

Not sure if sarcasm, but you do know that Teddy did this for Halloween, right? It's not like he's Oscar De La Hoya...
Old 02-14-2014   #2187
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Not sure if sarcasm, but you do know that Teddy did this for Halloween, right? It's not like he's Oscar De La Hoya...
I'm not homophobic, but I've never had the desire to dress in women's clothes under any circumstance. Maybe he lost a bet or something, but I don't even think I'd bet if it meant me dressing like that if I lost.
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2014   #2188
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Manziel

It was a class project. So yeah I'd want the guy that goes to class and puts in work.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 02-14-2014   #2189
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not homophobic, but I've never had the desire to dress in women's clothes under any circumstance. Maybe he lost a bet or something, but I don't even think I'd bet if it meant me dressing like that if I lost.
For the record, my best buddy (high school valedictorian) lost a bet with his girl and had to put on one of her dresses at a party.

While he might have lost a little dignity, I had to give him props for having the guts to do it.
Old 02-14-2014   #2190
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Want no partvof manziel. The dude is an attention whore. Shut the **** up already!! Jeez..
Old 02-14-2014   #2191
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Clowney guy,

One thing is for sure, Manziel doesn't lack for confidence. I like the fact that he's doing his homework for the combine.
Old 02-14-2014   #2192
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“me growing up as a cowboys fan--i was born at halftime of a cowboys game--that would almost be a folktale in the correct direction. We'd have to call that johnny something else. I don't know what it would be."
guy's full of crap!!! Insert any teams name and he will say how he desperately wants to get picked by them
Old 02-14-2014   #2193
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

He may be an self centered jack a$$, but if we draft him, he'll be our arrogant SOB and I'll love him for it.

And if he is a Jag (or any other teams) , I'll 'hate' his guts.
Old 02-14-2014   #2194
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
guy's full of crap!!! Insert any teams name and he will say how he desperately wants to get picked by them
Him growing up as a cowboys fans doesn't remotely have anything to do with what he said. As a Houston fan and a fan of sports teams in this city, I really wish this city would overcome the inferiority complex they have with Dallas..seriously, it's unbecoming.

I had the misfortune of living in that city for a couple of years and I learned this make believe rivalry between the cities is completely one sided. People in Dallas don't even know about it or talk about it.

I'm not even a Manziel fan, but I still don't understand the criticism of his statement for wanting to play in state and be the #1 ovrl choice. Being a Cowboys fan doesn't mean anything.. He wasn't a Agg fan either growing up.. Mack's dumbass just thought he wasn't good enough to compete at QB

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-15-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-14-2014   #2195
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 373208 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That cocky bravado is...
Brian Bosworth did the same. So did every other player who decided he was "snubbed" -- the latest being Richard Sherman. It's marketing. Fluff. Didn't resolve any of his limitations or change one play of what he put on tape.
Old 02-14-2014   #2196
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
suicide bombers also have a lot of confidence.

The fact that suicide bombing and cross dressing is not good yet they still do it is a problem.

BTW, im pro gay rights.

Im just not pro having a franchise quarterback as a cross dresser.
Sorry, but can you substantiate why you believe suicide bombers have a lot of confidence?

Texan, back in Texas!
Old 02-14-2014   #2197
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Brian Bosworth did the same. So did every other player who decided he was "snubbed" -- the latest being Richard Sherman. It's marketing. Fluff. Didn't resolve any of his limitations or change one play of what he put on tape.
The difference is a lot of guys who feel slighted don't put in the work to show that they're worthy of being on a different level. Sherman proved it. MJD proved. Jerry Rice proved it. Manziel kind of proved it his second year. Its still a question whether or not he'll prove it in the league. I don't know if Manziel is going to be a huge success in the NFL. I like his confidence though.

He didn't put anyone else down while making his comments. Just simply stated he feels like he'll be the best pick for the team, and if they choose someone else then he'll show why it was a mistake. I honestly don't see the big deal.
Old 02-15-2014   #2198
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The difference is a lot of guys who feel slighted don't put in the work to show that they're worthy of being on a different level. Sherman proved it. MJD proved. Jerry Rice proved it. Manziel kind of proved it his second year. Its still a question whether or not he'll prove it in the league. I don't know if Manziel is going to be a huge success in the NFL. I like his confidence though.

He didn't put anyone else down while making his comments. Just simply stated he feels like he'll be the best pick for the team, and if they choose someone else then he'll show why it was a mistake. I honestly don't see the big deal.
the big deal is going to be when he proves it, that's when

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-15-2014   #2199
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
the big deal is going to be when he proves it, that's when
LOL if he becomes the new Peyton Manning of the AFC South and just owns the Texans game after game, year after year. Not saying they are the same type of players or that this will happen.......But if it does......LOL at Texan's curse
Old 02-15-2014   #2200
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep. that is GROSS.

Manziel has some cojones! I wonder if all the Manziel haters are Longhorn fans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read