Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014   #2161
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Johnny Manziel Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for Texas A&M QB
Quote:
Second Team All-American 2013.
Chick-fil-A Bowl Offensive MVP 2013.
Heisman Trophy Finalist 2013.
Cotton Bowl Offensive MVP 2013.
Consensus First Team All-American 2012.
Heisman Trophy Winner 2012.
First Team All-SEC 2012.
SEC Offensive Player of the Year 2012.
Freshman All-SEC 2012.
SEC Freshman of the Year 2012.
Associated Press Collegiate Player of the Year 2012.
Davey O'Brien and Manning Award 2012.
Redshirted 2011.
Sports Management major.
That should settle it right there. Never in the history of NCAAF (that I know of) has a player been named the MVP of not one, but two, Bowl Games in the same year.

Kid's special I tell ya... special.
Old 02-11-2014   #2162
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That should settle it right there. Never in the history of NCAAF (that I know of) has a player been named the MVP of not one, but two, Bowl Games in the same year.

Both bowls were in 2013...
Old 02-11-2014   #2163
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Looks that way.
Old 02-11-2014   #2164
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200241 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Looks that way.
I thought the college playoffs started this year ?

Round Dan
Old 02-11-2014   #2165
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
If this is not unusual, can you let us know of other recent QBs who haven't thrown at their own school's pro day.

Just curious.

EDIT: Who derailed this Dr Who thread with Manziel talk?
It's a conspiracy between the Daleks, Cybermen and The Master.
Old 02-12-2014   #2166
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

So apparently the Texans started following Manziel on twitter today........ Breaking news! Texans set to take Johnny with the first pick!!!! Doesn't get more official than that.
Old 02-12-2014   #2167
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
So apparently the Texans started following Manziel on twitter today........ Breaking news! Texans set to take Johnny with the first pick!!!! Doesn't get more official than that.
Interesting stuff. That's like when hiring bosses try to add you as a Facebook friend to find reasons not to hire you.

That generally means you are being considered for the job.
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2014   #2168
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I also dunno if this was reported, but that event Manziel attended in Houston with his young friend Charlie Dina that he helped raise awareness for? Apparently Rick Smith and Cal McNair were in attendance.
Old 02-12-2014   #2169
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's some source:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...ootsies-night/

Quote:
"Bad boy" Johnny Manziel's halo was in full view Tuesday night when the former Texas A&M quarterback flew in from training in San Diego to run a Houston catwalk that traversed a gauntlet of social swells on behalf of a young cancer survivor. Unlike on the gridiron, Johnny Football's 20-yard dash through Tootsies with 6-year-old Aggies fan Charlie Dina had no defensive line to deal with, but rather a clutch of adoring, cheering fans with camera phones popping.

Front row and center was Houston Texans vice chairman and chief operating officer Cal McNair, who high-fived Manziel as he walked the runway. Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith and wife Tiffany were among the couples featured in the Valentine Day's-themed fundraiser. But making sure that there were no false messages sent, especially to those rooting for Manziel to be the Texans choice for the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft, McNair was careful not be photographed with the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner.
Make of it what you will.
Old 02-12-2014   #2170
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102890 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Here's some source:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...ootsies-night/

Make of it what you will.
Obviously it means we will draft Clowney. Then trade the rest of our draft to the Rams and draft Manziel at #2.
Old 02-14-2014   #2171
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

From Houston Chronicle: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcrkP?u...houston-texans

Lengthy article about JM working out and declaring he wants to play for Texans.
Old 02-14-2014   #2172
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Clowney wants to play here. Manziel. Bridgewater.

That number one pick money and status is nice.
Old 02-14-2014   #2173
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

This kid is starting to grow on me

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...to-pass-on-him
Old 02-14-2014   #2174
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Clicking that link showed me that Casserly doesn't like him (the video). Casserly knows what's up as far as #1 picks in a controversial year.

The Frito to Dorito comment is amazing though, I feel like he had a writer give him that one in advance. It's just too good.
Old 02-14-2014   #2175
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Manziel will be asked plenty about his maturity, reputation as a partier, and off-field decisions by NFL clubs at the NFL Scouting Combine next week. He'll be well-coached for all of it, but was candid about those subjects with reporters who visited his San Diego training site as well.

"I was a kid who made some goofball decisions. That's been part of my journey. Maybe it's part of the whole Johnny Football deal that I'm trying to get away from," Manziel said. "I'm trying to show people I've grown up, and I've learned from my experiences. I feel like you're a stupid person if you continue to make the same wrong decisions. I don't want to hear, 'Oh, anybody in his situation would have been doing the same thing.' I'm 100 percent responsible for my actions."

The era of NFL rookie quarterbacks apprenticing on a bench for a year or two is disappearing quickly, especially for those drafted in the first round. If Manziel reaches his rookie-year goal, that notion could be buried for good:

"People can call me crazy, and it's not cockiness (but), I'm going to put myself in (position) to win the Super Bowl every single year. A 5-10 guy (Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson) just won the Super Bowl in his second year in the NFL," he said. "That's unreal. I want to be the first rookie to win the Super Bowl."

Nobody can say Manziel doesn't know his Cleveland Browns history. The club has the No. 4 overall pick, but has historically had plenty of turnover at the quarterback position, and Manziel would love to try to end it if he ends up in Cleveland.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl."

Manziel's preparation for the combine includes film study with Kevin O'Connell, who was a New England Patriots backup quarterback when Texans coach Bill O'Brien was an assistant there under Bill Belichick. O'Connell is helping Manziel learn O'Brien's likes and dislikes about offensive football, and he can't wait to talk to O'Brien about it next week in Indianapolis.

"In Indianapolis, I want to be able to sit there and him draw a play on the board and be like, 'Coach, that was your third-and-12 play from the Super Bowl," Manziel said. "You called that on the right hash from the 42-yard line driving in to score to win the game.' I want to blow his lid off when I'm in that situation."
I'm still all for Bridgewater #1, but the Aggie in me is pushing hard for the kid from Aggieland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...to-pass-on-him
Old 02-14-2014   #2176
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That cocky bravado is what makes him such a great player and gets him in trouble at times as well. You want your QB to have Manziel's attitude. Its no different than Manning or Brady, but they're a little more understated. The job of his next coach is to get him to keep that confidence, but play a little more controlled.
Old 02-14-2014   #2177
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Article impressed me about him... no doubt his play on the field .
Old 02-14-2014   #2178
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-state-texans
Jesus, this kid is not just full of crap, he's seriously in need of professional help as he's clearly got a bad case of delusions of grandeur. I dunno but didn't another Texas native, Vince Young, make the same kind of outlandish boasts/threats when he was coming out of college because I'm getting a deja vu kinda vibe
with Manziel's horsecrap.
Old 02-14-2014   #2179
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-state-texans
Jesus, this kid is not just full of crap, he's seriously in need of professional help as he's clearly got a bad case of delusions of grandeur. I dunno but didn't another Texas native, Vince Young, make the same kind of outlandish boasts/threats when he was coming out of college because I'm getting a deja vu kinda vibe
with Manziel's horsecrap.
Not saying you're wrong for your opinion, but I look at this from a COMPLETELY different angle. What makes him full of crap? This is the same thing that many guys say except they normally say it after the draft. MJD has talked about being slighted by the other 31 teams his whole career.
Old 02-14-2014   #2180
TexansFTW
All Pro

I think the most confidence you can show is stepping out in heels and walking tall even though you know you don't look good.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read