Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014   #2121
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When did this Fanbase become Gary Kubiak?

I would've still preferred teddy b, but manziel in kubiaks offense actually makes sense.
Old 02-07-2014   #2122
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You're absolutely in La La land if you believe Manziel compares with any of those guys athletically.

Kaepernick & Wilson were both actaully drafted by pro baseball teams out of high school which speaks to just how athletic those guys are..

Griffin was an Olympic quality hurdler..ran in the US olympic trials as a high schooler..

& the guy he compares to the least (Cam Newton) is much bigger & stronger than Manziel will ever be....Oh, he was also able to lead his team to the NC game with his athleticism..... despite a crap defense...unlike Manziel.

Please just stop....Manziel's a good athlete but stop overplaying your hand.
I've never thought of baseball players as athletes. I think of them more as skilled competitors like in golf. So being drafted by baseball doesn't support the concept of athleticism. It doesn't mean they aren't athletes, just that being drafted by baseball teams doesn't supports that position.

Running Olympic class hurdles does support the notion of athleticism though.
Old 02-07-2014   #2123
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When did this Fanbase become Gary Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I would've still preferred teddy b, but manziel in kubiaks offense actually makes sense.
Yeah, Manziel would be pretty good in Kubiak's offense; it's why I'd like to see him end up in Minnesota or Cleveland, preferably Minnesota.
Old 02-07-2014   #2124
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I've never thought of baseball players as athletes. I think of them more as skilled competitors like in golf. So being drafted by baseball doesn't support the concept of athleticism. It doesn't mean they aren't athletes, just that being drafted by baseball teams doesn't supports that position.

Running Olympic class hurdles does support the notion of athleticism though.
I've always thought of baseball players as athletes as sure as the sun shines. Just a different skill set is all. If a guy is drafted by MLB and the NFL I've always said, partly in jest, that he had the braun for football and the brains for baseball. A good combination that could help him in either sport.
Old 02-07-2014   #2125
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I've always thought of baseball players as athletes as sure as the sun shines. Just a different skill set is all. If a guy is drafted by MLB and the NFL I've always said, partly in jest, that he had the braun for football and the brains for baseball. A good combination that could help him in either sport.
A nice friendly disagreement. What a concept.
Old 02-07-2014   #2126
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 42402 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

While they're cool and funny, I don't get the doctor who memes. Heck, I'm amazed us/tx people even know doctor who.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2014   #2127
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
While they're cool and funny, I don't get the doctor who memes. Heck, I'm amazed us/tx people even know doctor who.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
I've been watching Dr Who since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. Now my kids are even bigger fans, especially my daughter.
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2014   #2128
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rule of cool.

And we aren't all US/TX people either.
Old 02-08-2014   #2129
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I've been watching Dr Who since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. Now my kids are even bigger fans, especially my daughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Rule of cool.

And we aren't all US/TX people either.
Just think how long this thread would be if we were discussing who the "Best Doctor" was? I vote Baker. Let's call him my Blake Bortles pick.

Manziel for Smith.
Tennant for Bridgewater.
Eccleston for Clowney.
Old 02-08-2014   #2130
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
Quote:
The Combine is quickly approaching, but so are Pro Days. Less than a month until Texas A&M's.
Old 02-08-2014   #2131
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Just think how long this thread would be if we were discussing who the "Best Doctor" was? I vote Baker. Let's call him my Blake Bortles pick.

Manziel for Smith.
Tennant for Bridgewater.
Eccleston for Clowney.
I don't know what any of this means...

Old 02-08-2014   #2132
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Your life is poorer for it.
Old 02-09-2014   #2133
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Dude.

I'm an old man and I got it.

Of course, for me, Dr. Who will always be:

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 02-09-2014   #2134
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude.

I'm an old man and I got it.

Of course, for me, Dr. Who will always be:

This is the Doctor I grew up with also.
Old 02-09-2014   #2135
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
This is the Doctor I grew up with also.
Same. I didn't watch the show but that's they guy I think of when I hear Dr. Who.
Old 02-09-2014   #2136
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

This guy, in black and white.
Old 02-09-2014   #2137
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

This guy, in black and white.
Repeats, not originals obviously.
Old 02-09-2014   #2138
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post

Manziel for Smith.
Tennant for Bridgewater.
Eccleston for Clowney.
Was he the fourth Doctor?
Old 02-09-2014   #2139
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Kiwi, I noticed your avatar. Did you switch alliances or is that mock draft-related?
Old 02-10-2014   #2140
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Kiwi, I noticed your avatar. Did you switch alliances or is that mock draft-related?
Mock draft.

Picking the Cardinals and indigenous Americans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read