Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014   #2041
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
I think we will be fine with either of the top three they decide to go with, Manziel, Bortles or BRIDGEWATER. I prefer Bridgewater myself because I know he will be better from the three in the long run.
You don't know that. No one knows that. Bridgewater is more prepared to start right away. That doesn't mean he will be the best.
Old 02-05-2014   #2042
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
you still havent answered my question and completely ducked my reply to your uppity mentality on sports shows.

what sports commentary show is better than ATH, PTI, and first take?

Sports talk live with kevin eschenfeld? foxsports1? danpatrick live?

Stop being a dishonest pretentious coward as if you're such a superior sports fan because you dont watch a sports show that millions of sports fans watch.
I DID answer your question, DF. I don't watch sports commentary. I do, however, watch pre-game shows, but no commentary shows filled with ignorant theoretical questions that act like a starting gun for two morons to begin arguing. Waste of time.

I guess I need to spell it out?

You: "what sports commentary show is better than ATH, PTI, and first take?"

Me: None. As in, pick the poison to kill you. They all suck.
Old 02-05-2014   #2043
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
they are cut from the same cloth. They are playmakers who can hurt you with their arms and legs. You do know cut from the same cloth is a figure of speech not meant to be taken literally right?

And to say Manziel is not a better athlete than either of those guys is just downright inaccurate. Check the film and see the plays that he pulled off vs elite competition.
You're absolutely in La La land if you believe Manziel compares with any of those guys athletically.

Kaepernick & Wilson were both actaully drafted by pro baseball teams out of high school which speaks to just how athletic those guys are..

Griffin was an Olympic quality hurdler..ran in the US olympic trials as a high schooler..

& the guy he compares to the least (Cam Newton) is much bigger & stronger than Manziel will ever be....Oh, he was also able to lead his team to the NC game with his athleticism..... despite a crap defense...unlike Manziel.

Please just stop....Manziel's a good athlete but stop overplaying your hand.
Old 02-05-2014   #2044
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

The only sports commentary that I actually enjoy is the NBA on TNT. I could watch Charles Barkley do the evening news every night.
Old 02-05-2014   #2045
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to pollute the air and discredit manziel so that he can be justified in taking blake freaking bortles or whoever he likes.

what evidence does obrien have that Manziel has poor work ethic?

you can say manziel is arrogant and parties too hard because there is evidence of that but you cant say he doesnt work hard without evidence because of his harmless off the field distractions that the media exaggerated.

Stephen A Smith is right in his take that this sounds a lot similar to stereotypical criticisms that black qbs get.
If O'Brien made the comment, which I question (it is just a report), then I would guarantee he has watched enough film on Manziel to make it. O'brien has over two years of film on Manziel as evidence.
Old 02-05-2014   #2046
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

My only regret is that I only have 1 neg rep to give to Lord Bills per day.

Old 02-05-2014   #2047
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You don't know that. No one knows that. Bridgewater is more prepared to start right away. That doesn't mean he will be the best.

Sorry bro, I was being sarcastic to match Lord Bills love fest for Manziel. I should have made it more obvious adding that Bridgewater can throw 90 miles an hour on his knee, blindfolded and eating a bowl of soup.
Old 02-05-2014   #2048
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

You could call yourself Lord Dutch .
Old 02-05-2014   #2049
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You're absolutely in La La land if you believe Manziel compares with any of those guys athletically.

Kaepernick & Wilson were both actaully drafted by pro baseball teams out of high school which speaks to just how athletic those guys are..

Griffin was an Olympic quality hurdler..ran in the US olympic trials as a high schooler..

& the guy he compares to the least (Cam Newton) is much bigger & stronger than Manziel will ever be.

How does getting drafted by a baseball team make you a great athalete? I would say Manziel is just as good or better an athalete than Wilson. The fact that Wilson got drafted by a bSeball team means nothing in this debate.
Old 02-05-2014   #2050
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Sorry bro, I was being sarcastic to match Lord Bills love fest for Manziel. I should have made it more obvious adding that Bridgewater can throw 90 miles an hour on his knee, blindfolded and eating a bowl of soup.
Lol
Old 02-05-2014   #2051
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How does getting drafted by a baseball team make you a great athalete? I would say Manziel is just as good or better an athalete than Wilson. The fact that Wilson got drafted by a bSeball team means nothing in this debate.
Range , speed , bat speed , hand eye , arm strength , depth perception , quick thinker .
Old 02-05-2014   #2052
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I DID answer your question, DF. I don't watch sports commentary. I do, however, watch pre-game shows, but no commentary shows filled with ignorant theoretical questions that act like a starting gun for two morons to begin arguing. Waste of time.

I guess I need to spell it out?

You: "what sports commentary show is better than ATH, PTI, and first take?"

Me: None. As in, pick the poison to kill you. They all suck.
SMDH.

Your answer was sportscenter, a show on the same network but is totally different type of show format as ATH, PTI, and first take.

The fact of the matter is you cant give an answer so you moved the goal posts and started slagging on people who watch sports commentary shows as if that made you a bad sports fan and horrible human being.

Stop frontin. You got called out on your pretentious uppity BS.

Fact of the matter is you couldnt come up with a better sports commentary show than PTI,ATH, and first take. You tried to move the goal posts by choosing a show that is completely different from a sports commentary show and resorted to discrediting people who watch sports commentary show for entertainment purposes.

Just look at your responses, espn then now you go with none its poison.

Just stop it. Your becoming more dishonest and transparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

& the guy he compares to the least (Cam Newton) is much bigger & stronger than Manziel will ever be.

Im not overplaying anything. You are the one in LA LA land if you think Manziel cant be as athletic ON THE FOOTBALL field as kapernick and wilson.

Can you honestly say Manziel is physically and athletically unable to pull of any of the playmaking plays that a Russell Wilson does on the field?

Check his film vs elite competition. To say he cant do the things that RG3 or Wilson can do is downright dishonest.

Check his game film and competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8xVIgWEBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74

That's against Alabama and Nick Saban. His running style the way he chooses his angles to gain more yards without trying to excessively juke his defenders remind me of Kapernick.

Check the film and find the truth. I bet people wouldnt be questioning his athletic ability if he wasnt a white guy named manziel. If he did the same thing but was an african american nobody would question his talent and athletic ability.
Old 02-05-2014   #2053
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
absolutely agree. Wilson batted in the low .220s in the minors so that somehow makes him so much better than Manziel.

We are talking about football here. not baseball.
Old 02-05-2014   #2054
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, that kid has no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.

Old 02-05-2014   #2055
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

why dont you talk football instead of neg repping people? as if that matters or is even relevant.
Old 02-05-2014   #2056
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Range , speed , bat speed , hand eye , arm strength , depth perception , quick thinker .
Do you think the fact that he was drafted by a baseball team automatically makes him a better athalete than Manziel?
Old 02-05-2014   #2057
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
Wow, that kid has no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.

i have great reading comprehension skills. You're the one who got called out on your BS and got shut down. Now you're doing the whole fake he's so beneath me act because you got owned.

First you're all first take, ATH, PTI are crap shows. Plenty of better shows. Then you give an answer of sports center which is from the same network but a totally different show. That's like comparing a movie to a tv series. Then your answer now is none, its poison.

The your latest post you get personal.

You got exposed and now you are trying to discredit the poster who called you out on your BS.

Anybody with a modicum of intelligence and honesty can see our back and forth here and see that.
Old 02-05-2014   #2058
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SMDH.

Your answer was sportscenter, a show on the same network but is totally different type of show format as ATH, PTI, and first take.

The fact of the matter is you cant give an answer so you moved the goal posts and started slagging on people who watch sports commentary shows as if that made you a bad sports fan and horrible human being.

Stop frontin. You got called out on your pretentious uppity BS.

Fact of the matter is you couldnt come up with a better sports commentary show than PTI,ATH, and first take. You tried to move the goal posts by choosing a show that is completely different from a sports commentary show and resorted to discrediting people who watch sports commentary show for entertainment purposes.

Just look at your responses, espn then now you go with none its poison.

Just stop it. Your becoming more dishonest and transparent.

Im not overplaying anything. You are the one in LA LA land if you think Manziel cant be as athletic ON THE FOOTBALL field as kapernick and wilson.

Can you honestly say Manziel is physically and athletically unable to pull of any of the playmaking plays that a Russell Wilson does on the field?

Check his film vs elite competition. To say he cant do the things that RG3 or Wilson can do is downright dishonest.

Check his game film and competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8xVIgWEBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxRc-kSH74

That's against Alabama and Nick Saban. His running style the way he chooses his angles to gain more yards without trying to excessively juke his defenders remind me of Kapernick.

Check the film and find the truth. I bet people wouldnt be questioning his athletic ability if he wasnt a white guy named manziel. If he did the same thing but was an african american nobody would question his talent and athletic ability.
Dude....

Stop acting like Bama is the end all be all. LSU puts just as much talent in the NFL as bama does..why not pull up those 2 games from 2012 & 2013 where he was largely smothered & OK at best?

This isn't a race thing & noone's questioning his athletic ability..you're just overblowing how athletic he is when you compare him to the guys you did.
Old 02-05-2014   #2059
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
I DID answer your question, DF. I don't watch sports commentary.
now that's a

You claim you dont watch sports commentary so you bag on sports commentary shows like first take, ATH, PTI and claim there are better yet dont provide an answer and now you say you dont watch sports commentary?

Old 02-05-2014   #2060
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
i have great reading comprehension skills. You're the one who got called out on your BS and got shut down. Now you're doing the whole fake he's so beneath me act because you got owned.

First you're all first take, ATH, PTI are crap shows. Plenty of better shows. Then you give an answer of sports center which is from the same network but a totally different show. That's like comparing a movie to a tv series. Then your answer now is none, its poison.

The your latest post you get personal.

You got exposed and now you are trying to discredit the poster who called you out on your BS.

Anybody with a modicum of intelligence and honesty can see our back and forth here and see that.
Here's your question: "Name me a better sports alternative on television."

My answer was and is Sportscenter because it covers the news of the day. (Key word: alternative)

What part of this can you not comprehend??????

Now go away, you remind me of my ex.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read