Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014   #2021
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Name me a better sports alternative on television.
Oh, that's easy. I don't even have to leave ESPN for it either. Sportscenter. It's sports NEWS and not commentary from two guys who are equally certifiable in their own way.

Any sports show that delivers the news in general. Sports commentary shows are for the folks who need others to think for them.
Old 02-05-2014   #2022
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He doesnt have to adapt to the nfl. The nfl is the one adapting.

His style of quarterbacking just won the superbowl.

Russell Wilson, Colin Capernick, Cam Newton, RG3, Manziel is cut from the same cloth.
Wilson - 5'11" 206. Played in a pro style offense in college and was much more polished entering the NFL

Kaepernick - 6'4" 230. Bigger, stronger arm, runs like a gazelle.

Newton - 6'5" 245. Cut from the same cloth? LOL

Griffin - 6'2" 218. All conference hurdler with stronger arm. Did play in the same style offense as Manziel and relies on his legs too much so probably the closest you got with these examples. He also appears to be the one out of these four who most likely will have to adapt his game if he wants to sustain long term success.

All four of these guys are better athletes than Manziel. All four have stronger arms than Manziel. Only one of them isn't prototypical size like Manziel. And the one who is his size was the most pro ready of all of them. And all four of them played within the design of their offense and didn't have to rely on improvisation so frequently. And they all had less talent as a supporting cast.

Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean that it is.
Old 02-05-2014   #2023
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Oh, that's easy. I don't even have to leave ESPN for it either. Sportscenter. It's sports NEWS and not commentary from two guys who are equally certifiable in their own way.

Any sports show that delivers the news in general. Sports commentary shows are for the folks who need others to think for them.
lol at sports center. nice try buddy.

sportscenter is from the same network. Nice moving the goal posts retort there.

Now we are to believe that sports commentary shows are bad and that anybody who watches them are scumbags.

LOL you people are so transparent and so shameless about it.

Again,

name me a show that is better than PTI, ATH, and first take. You cant find none that's why you went with the ridiculous sportscenter answer. Sportscenter is different kind of format and show from PTI,ATH, first take.

Why are you even a member of a sports message board?

Its because of the commentary of yourself and other people. Why do you think sports commentary shows like that exists for such a long time and have such huge viewership?

Please stop fronting.
Old 02-05-2014   #2024
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Wilson - 5'11" 206. Played in a pro style offense in college and was much more polished entering the NFL

Kaepernick - 6'4" 230. Bigger, stronger arm, runs like a gazelle.

Newton - 6'5" 245. Cut from the same cloth? LOL

Griffin - 6'2" 218. All conference hurdler with stronger arm. Did play in the same style offense as Manziel and relies on his legs too much so probably the closest you got with these examples.

All four of these guys are better athletes than Manziel. All four have stronger arms than Manziel. Only one of them isn't prototypical size like Manziel. And the one who is his size was the most pro ready of all of them.

Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean that it is.
they are cut from the same cloth. They are playmakers who can hurt you with their arms and legs. You do know cut from the same cloth is a figure of speech not meant to be taken literally right?

And to say Manziel is not a better athlete than either of those guys is just downright inaccurate. Check the film and see the plays that he pulled off vs elite competition.
Old 02-05-2014   #2025
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6x-O3kb1sI

Richard Sherman is no Bayless fan
Old 02-05-2014   #2026
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
they are cut from the same cloth. They are playmakers who can hurt you with their arms and legs. You do know cut from the same cloth is a figure of speech not meant to be taken literally right?

And to say Manziel is not a better athlete than either of those guys is just downright inaccurate. Check the film and see the plays that he pulled off vs elite competition.
You would also agree that he is cut from the same cloth as Vince Young and Michael Vick then? Young couldn't adapt and didn't sustain success in the NFL. Vick was forced to adapt his game to succeed long term. Tebow beat elite competition with his arm and his legs. Where is he? Failed to adapt.

I did not say that Manziel is not athletic. But all four of those guys are better athletes than him. One of us needs to check the film, but it is not me. I've studied all five. You have only studied one.
Old 02-05-2014   #2027
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You would also agree that he is cut from the same cloth as Vince Young and Michael Vick then? Young couldn't adapt and didn't sustain success in the NFL. Vick was forced to adapt his game to succeed long term.

I did not say that Manziel is not athletic. But all four of those guys are better athletes than him. One of us needs to check the film, but it is not me. I've studied all five. You have only studied one.
Not sure Russell Wilson is a better athalete. Nor has a stronger arm. And the difference in the player you added on is football iq. Young and Vick have none. Manziel has it in spades.
Old 02-05-2014   #2028
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Not sure Russell Wilson is a better athalete. Nor has a stronger arm. And the difference in the player you added on is football iq. Young and Vick have none. Manziel has it in spades.
Manziel is a better athlete but I'd say Wilson has a better arm; he throws a beautiful deep ball. Both are way more accurate than Vick or Young were in college.
Old 02-05-2014   #2029
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
You would also agree that he is cut from the same cloth as Vince Young and Michael Vick then? Young couldn't adapt and didn't sustain success in the NFL. Vick was forced to adapt his game to succeed long term. Tebow beat elite competition with his arm and his legs. Where is he? Failed to adapt.

vince young has a winning record as a nfl quarterback. michael vick was a great nfl player before his troubles and injuries.

to say Manziel is going to have the same off the field issues as both of those guys is a reach. How do you know that?

What you do know is that all 3 guys are talented and produced on the field. You dont know that Manziel is gonna implode like both of those guys.

You bet and trust talent not on his hypothetical downfalls based off other players.

You give talent the benefit of the doubt and hope he doesnt make the same mistakes other players made.

I mean wth are we here for but to watch football and be entertained. We arent asking for a choir boy. We are asking for a great talented quarterback that will score.

We need a quarterback. A quarterback who knows how to score.

That's Manziel.
Old 02-05-2014   #2030
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

George Whitfield Jr. ‏@georgewhitfield
Quote:
A few thousand yrs later we still have David's... And they are still killing giants. @JManziel2 #DimeCity pic.twitter.com/6TxMCuDU9b

Quote:
@JManziel2 at work in #DimeCity 15 days to #NFLCombine @KevOC7 @Dmurr68 @WhitAthletix #surgo pic.twitter.com/BVuImyA6UZ
Old 02-05-2014   #2031
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

You always give the benefit of the doubt on talent.

TESTED TALENT.

Manziel has talent, potential, heart, and competitive desire in spades. We always complained about our QBs being lame and boring and not being able to make plays, well here is a QB who does that.

I trust this kid's talent and potential. I hope the texans and bill o brien keep an open mind and give this kid an honest look.
Old 02-05-2014   #2032
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TESTED TALENT.

Manziel has talent, potential, heart, and competitive desire in spades. We always complained about our QBs being lame and boring and not being able to make plays, well here is a QB who does that.

I trust this kid's talent and potential. I hope the texans and bill o brien keep an open mind and give this kid an honest look.
I think we will be fine with either of the top three they decide to go with, Manziel, Bortles or BRIDGEWATER. I prefer Bridgewater myself because I know he will be better from the three in the long run.
Old 02-05-2014   #2033
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't take anyone who watches first take with a straight face seriously. That show is horrid.
Old 02-05-2014   #2034
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I can't take anyone who watches first take with a straight face seriously. That show is horrid.
Old 02-05-2014   #2035
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The poster in question is, based on post history, is JUST the type that would like First Take and defend it as if it were somehow...........legit.
Old 02-05-2014   #2036
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
millions of sports fans watch first take. Including players and front office personnel.

We watch it for entertainment. People dont watch it to make decision as to who to pick on the draft or what play to run on the field or any major life altering decision.

That should be obvious.
Old 02-05-2014   #2037
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TESTED TALENT.

So, if Bill O'Brien, according to you, has made some kind of statement questioning Manziel's work ethic, do you actually think he would pull something like that out of his ass? What purpose would that serve? And to whom?

If the head coach has doubts about his work ethic, then so I. I'll take his observation over some hack ESPN reporters any day of the week.
Old 02-05-2014   #2038
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
The poster in question is, based on post history, is JUST the type that would like First Take and defend it as if it were somehow...........legit.
you still havent answered my question and completely ducked my reply to your uppity mentality on sports shows.

what sports commentary show is better than ATH, PTI, and first take?

Sports talk live with kevin eschenfeld? foxsports1? danpatrick live?

Stop being a dishonest pretentious coward as if you're such a superior sports fan because you dont watch a sports show that millions of sports fans watch.
Old 02-05-2014   #2039
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
So, if Bill O'Brien, according to you, has made some kind of statement questioning Manziel's work ethic, do you actually think he would pull something like that out of his ass? What purpose would that serve? And to whom?

If the head coach has doubts about his work ethic, then so I. I'll take his observation over some hack ESPN reporters any day of the week.
to pollute the air and discredit manziel so that he can be justified in taking blake freaking bortles or whoever he likes.

what evidence does obrien have that Manziel has poor work ethic?

you can say manziel is arrogant and parties too hard because there is evidence of that but you cant say he doesnt work hard without evidence because of his harmless off the field distractions that the media exaggerated.

Stephen A Smith is right in his take that this sounds a lot similar to stereotypical criticisms that black qbs get.
Old 02-05-2014   #2040
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well ... we all know who Lord Bills wants for his valentine .

ps . Do you or a friend suffer from QB man love . Do you want a QB so bad it distorts your desicion making and effects your job . Call our crisis hotline at toll free 1- 800 - get - real

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read