Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014   #1981
texan_joe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans MUST TAKE Manziel.

Manziel is gonna be decent if he can stay healthy. I'm not worried about off field stuff because I did way worse things at his age than he's done and I'vegrown up to be productive.
But I have watched a lot of Teddy Bridgewater and I've said numerous times, this guy can be Aaron Rodgers. His skill set is very similar. The only concern is his size and after hitting a weightroom with NFL strength and conditioning coaches, the size is gonna be a non issue.
Old 02-05-2014   #1982
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 87806 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifPA933K5PY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQyR6jYxn4

I mean look at that man. Look at that.

Come on. He's freaking spectacular. That's not conference USA he's playing against.

Passing up on Manziel is the 2nd coming of passing up on randy moss.

You cannot pass up on that kind of potential just because of some harmless bad publicity.
Johnny Freaking Football lost to every ranked SEC team he played this year. He didn't beat a single SEC team that had a winning conference record. They finished 7th in the conference. He had to do a major come-from-behind to beat Duke in a bowl game. D-U-K-E.

Who cares about stats if he can't win the games that matter?

He sure does look purdy though beating up on SHSU and UTEP...
Old 02-05-2014   #1983
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifPA933K5PY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQyR6jYxn4

I mean look at that man. Look at that.

Come on. He's freaking spectacular. That's not conference USA he's playing against.

Passing up on Manziel is the 2nd coming of passing up on randy moss.

You cannot pass up on that kind of potential just because of some harmless bad publicity.

Lord Bills has the biggest broner showing.

I like Bortles but at the end if the day I'm for whoever Obie wants. If he picks TB, BB, or JFF I'll be behind it.
Old 02-05-2014   #1984
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
what makes you so special that your opinion deserves its own thread?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94774
LMAO man the OP has some issues. Posts his own threads on topics that have been established and talked about like a broken record then bashes and gives neg rep to those who dont agree with him.
Old 02-05-2014   #1985
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
No!

Sorry, I can't afford putting that much time into covering Injury Reports and explaining injuries for one player.

I hope this guy has a Foley catheter!
Old 02-05-2014   #1986
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Lord Bills has the biggest broner showing.

I like Bortles but at the end if the day I'm for whoever Obie wants. If he picks TB, BB, or JFF I'll be behind it.
^This. I'm predicting a lot of anger from the different camps, regardless of who we draft. How about we support whoever we do draft and give em a few years before making judgement. There is no MUST TAKE in any draft.
Old 02-05-2014   #1987
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is this what your argument comes down to? You started a new Manziel thread over this?
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2014   #1988
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

To answer the OP, no, no they don't.
Old 02-05-2014   #1989
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Great thread

You do realize there's a College and draft forum, right? Not that this thread needs to be anywhere in TT to begin with, but...
Old 02-05-2014   #1990
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 385172 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
...the OP has some issues. Posts his own threads on topics that have been established and talked about like a broken record then bashes and gives neg rep to those who dont agree with him.
Seriously? That's fied.
Old 02-05-2014   #1991
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
No ****! I'm tired of this already. I mean really, what else can be said? I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.
Fixed it for you
Old 02-05-2014   #1992
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Johnny Freaking Football lost to every ranked SEC team he played this year. He didn't beat a single SEC team that had a winning conference record. They finished 7th in the conference. He had to do a major come-from-behind to beat Duke in a bowl game. D-U-K-E.

annnnd Texas A&M's 85th ranked defense had nooooothing to do with those loses?

You hang 40+ on a team and lose, that isn't on the QB. You give up 5 TDs in the first 5 possessions to
D-U-K-E, has nothing to do with the QB....

Can't hang the problems of a horrible A&M defense on Manziel's shoulders when Manziel has no control of that matter. That falls on Sumlin...

nice try, thanks for playing...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
Old 02-05-2014   #1993
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Manziel is a good QB but lets look at what O'Brien has worked with

Christian Hackenberg: Big kid. Big arm. Pocket guy

Tom Brady: Big guy. Big arm. Pocket guy

Sorry, I just think he will lean to one of the other two.
Old 02-05-2014   #1994
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think Manziel is a good QB but lets look at what O'Brien has worked with

Christian Hackenberg: Big kid. Big arm. Pocket guy

Tom Brady: Big guy. Big arm. Pocket guy

Sorry, I just think he will lean to one of the other two.
looks like he might be leaning towards Bortles then?

If that be the case, dangle that #1 pick in front of Cleveland, drop back a few slots and pick up some extra picks...

worst case scenario, Texans have their pick of Bortles, Bridgewater or Clowney at #4 spot...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
Old 02-05-2014   #1995
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
looks like he might be leaning towards Bortles then?

If that be the case, dangle that #1 pick in front of Cleveland, drop back a few slots and pick up some extra picks...

worst case scenario, Texans have their pick of Bortles, Bridgewater or Clowney at #4 spot...
I think Bortles and if not he can move back, take D and then get a guy like Mettenberger from LSU or the Logan Thomas kid from Va Tech. They fit his style. I guess you then start Keenum after cutting Schaub. Not sure that goes into the "win now" philosophy but it makes sense.
Old 02-05-2014   #1996
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post

Look at where A&M's defense ranks in the most important category. Hint: they aren't on page 1. Team Scoring Defense

You're a fool if you think "Johnny Freaking Football" was the reason they lost to every ranked SEC team. If you did more than look at the final score of the Duke game, you'd also have seen how atrocious his defense was in that game, and it took some serious leadership abilities to bring his team back.
Old 02-05-2014   #1997
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
seconded
and it does not
Old 02-05-2014   #1998
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You cannot pass up on that play making potential. People underrate him because of his off field problems (fake controversy drummed up by mindless media like espn) but he is russell wilson 2.0

The white Michael Vick.

The talent is there. The production is there against elite college football competition. You cannot pass up on that kind of upside/potential.
Old 02-05-2014   #1999
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
how you figure?

michael vick was spectacular in college making similar spectacular plays. He did the same thing in the NFL until he lost his way.

You cant be possibly saying that Manziel will run a criminal underground dog fighting operation can you?
Michael Vick is still a pretty good QB. The dog fighting thing took him out of the NFL for a while, but he's never stopped being a viable NFL QB... There were injury concerns & injury pretty much screwed him last year
Old 02-05-2014   #2000
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Players I would take before Manziel

Bridgewater
Clowney
J.Mathews
Mack
G. Robinson
Barr
Bortles
Watkins
Carr
Mosley
Dennard
Lee
Lewman

and maybe M. Evans and Kouandjio

Then, maybe if I'm feeling gutsy, I draft the local kid to sell some tickets.
I don't understand the Carr love. All he's got is size & arm. Other than that, he's a project. Doesn't make sense he's a first round prospect but guys like Murray & Boyd are 3rd rounders at best. Mettenberger's got a knee issue. If that clears up by draft time, as far as being able to play in 2014, it would make more sense to me that he'd be taken before Carr.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read