Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2012   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rey's breakout Texan performer of the week

TEXANS VS. BRONCOS

I'm predicting one INT for Kareem and one big hit on a receiver and overall tight coverage on the receivers.

I think the Broncos will continue their heavy use of the short passing game. That's Kareem's specialty. I'm not sure who he'll be matched up against but either way I expect him to step up big this week. This is his type of game. A team that's going to run the ball and utilize short and intermediate passes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rey's breakout Texan performer of the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
TEXANS VS. BRONCOS

I'm predicting one INT for Kareem and one big hit on a receiver and overall tight coverage on the receivers.

I think the Broncos will continue their heavy use of the short passing game. That's Kareem's specialty. I'm not sure who he'll be matched up against but either way I expect him to step up big this week. This is his type of game. A team that's going to run the ball and utilize short and intermediate passes.
I understand what you're saying Rey, BUT, I expect KJ to get a couple hurtful PIs called on him. He still scares me. JMO! PM KNOWS his weaknessses and is smart enough to exploit them. I'm worried.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping for a big game from Cushing and/or Holliday this week. I think our special teams are due to step up
Old 09-21-2012   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry too much, She!

Manning couldn't exploit Kareem in his rookie year, why should he be able to do that now?
You must have forgotten that Jackson did play against Manning twice.
He was not the worst DB on the field either time.
Actually, IMO, he was the best DB on the field for the Texans in those two games.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the opposite. I think he gets picked on and these replacement ref's will cave in to the home field advantage and call a homer game in front of a hostile crowd... Bottom line is I see lots of man coverage and Manning picking on Jackson more and JJ less.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was thinking the opposite. I think he gets picked on and these replacement ref's will cave in to the home field advantage and call a homer game in front of a hostile crowd... Bottom line is I see lots of man coverage and Manning picking on Jackson more and JJ less.
After watching the Falcons push the middle of the Denver OL backwards and lot let Manning step up to throw , I'll go with JJ Watt on a bunch of stunts up the middle .
Old 09-21-2012   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Keep Jackson on the right side of the field. Boom, problem solved. (Manning's right)
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2012   #8
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
After watching the Falcons push the middle of the Denver OL backwards and lot let Manning step up to throw , I'll go with JJ Watt on a bunch of stunts up the middle .
I'll just go with JJ Watt every week.
Old 09-21-2012   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
I'll just go with JJ Watt every week.
Not a bad idea.
Old 09-21-2012   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummmm, how could anyone go against "The All-Knowing Tonestradamus".... Looks like its going to be capri pants breaking out on the scene this week!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, when I was thinking breakout performer I am thinking of guys that haven't really had these type of performances on a regular basis...Trindon, Keyshaw, Jean, Newton, Bradie James, GQ...

Not that they have sucked, but I'm talking about making big momentum plays in addition to playing well all game long.

I think Kareem is due for a good game this week..
Old 09-21-2012   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

And honestly I can see Casey and/or Garret Grahm having big games. They'll probably be on the field a lot.

I wanted to pick Trindon, but I just couldn't pick him as my first choice. He scares me. Completely possible he has a TD or a bunch of good returns, but...yikes...
Old 09-21-2012   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Will you eat your Texans hat on your webcam if you're wrong?
Old 09-21-2012   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Will you eat your Texans hat on your webcam if you're wrong?

HAHA...

SWT should have lived up to that bet he made with himself...

Probably should have been the first sign that he wasn't a man of his word...Baddoom doom pish!

Still can't believe he did that...I thought he was a cool guy...
Old 09-21-2012   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A. Smith will be smelling raw meat!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well, when I was thinking breakout performer I am thinking of guys that haven't really had these type of performances on a regular basis...Trindon, Keyshaw, Jean, Newton, Bradie James, GQ...

Not that they have sucked, but I'm talking about making big momentum plays in addition to playing well all game long.

I think Kareem is due for a good game this week..
OK ... It could be Newton on Von Miller .
Old 09-21-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
OK ... It could be Newton on Von Miller .
Newton and Ben Jones are two other guys I thought about...I think Newton is going to have his hands full though...
Old 09-21-2012   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

For the defense's sake, Bradie James. I mean, good grief, any sort of breakout would be better than what we've seen.
Old 09-21-2012   #19
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Breakout Texan performer of the week will be the Oxygen supply guy...going to be a lot of wind sucking going on and off the field. This guy will be the teams best friend.

With regard to the refs...they've been letting it get a little rough out there, so maybe we get away with some rough stuff on those quick slants. But, you can bet your bottom dollar that PM is going to be picking on KJ, and the 10 yarders over the middle. Hopefully the refs wont be star struck with PM and let them bend their ear for crappy flags every time we sack him. I won't stand for it...I'll go down on the field and give them a piece of my mind!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope we have a break out player......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read