Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2012   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Network's Shaun O'Hara - "Texans Have #1 Offensive Line"

Interesting that the Texans would be mentioned as the best OL by anyone, but Shaun O'Hara on Total Access just said the Texans have the #1 offensive line in football through week two.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network's Shaun O'Hara - "Texans Have #1 Offensive Line"

Yeah I dunno about that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

It's early to crown anyone #1 at anything. But, the o-line hasn't been the concern many feared. Still, it's early.
Old 09-21-2012   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We've only played the little sisters of the poor so far...the nice words are nice and all, but the Denver game will be a better test of where we are.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's early to crown anyone #1 at anything. But, the o-line hasn't been the concern many feared. Still, it's early.
Agreed, but to be fair, he specified through week 2, which is all the data we have to go by to this point.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I think it's way to early to start buying into the rankings just yet. It's weird though, the Texans being mentioned more often and being in better standings with the pudits. It's not something we are used to, and we shouldn't let it go to our heads.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We've only played the little sisters of the poor so far...the nice words are nice and all, but the Denver game will be a better test of where we are.
regardless, I did not expect to be ranked #1 after these two games an I am willing to bet I was not alone. lol
Old 09-22-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Agreed, but to be fair, he specified through week 2, which is all the data we have to go by to this point.
I get it, it's the NFL Network. They have a lot of air time to fill.
Old 09-22-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope our guys don't start reading their press clippings.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know but I have not been happy watching our run game
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #11
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The one thing i worry about is that in my time watching the NFL, teams such as the Chargers and Vikings have been long term top teams that never actually won anything, and have now crashed down and dropped to the bottom of the league/mid-table in terms of talent without ever capitalising on it.

I don't want the Texans to put together year after year of being a nearly team, we need Championships!

Other teams have had one good season and done a lot more during that time, Eagles, Bears, Cards have all been to the Superbowl without being perennial nearly teams for years either side.

I just hope our team isn't one of those that becomes the 'best' at this and the 'best' at that but never makes it count in the playoffs.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #12
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I get it, it's the NFL Network. They have a lot of air time to fill.
I thought Tim Tebow was the best line in the NFL, wait that's ESPN.
Old 09-22-2012   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I thought Tim Tebow was the best line in the NFL, wait that's ESPN.
I guess you missed the "Top 10 things we love about Tim Tebow" countdown on NFL Network.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
If you weren't happy watching the Texans stack up 2 bills worth of rushing on Jacksonville you aren't going to be happy watching them run this year I don't think.
Old 09-22-2012   #15
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much an All Pro at Left Tackle and Center. A decent Left Guard and an okay new look right side. I think we're another pro bowl caliber player at Right Tackle away from being deemed the best offensive line in the game. Here's to hoping Derek Newton continues to succeed and becomes a beast.

If only Ryan Harris lived up to his potential from his collegiate days and had the athleticism to switch over to Right Guard then wow!!!! We'd be amazing but I'll let the Ben Jones and Antoine Caldwell thing work itself out.
Old 09-22-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If you weren't happy watching the Texans stack up 2 bills worth of rushing on Jacksonville you aren't going to be happy watching them run this year I don't think.
I don't know what Wolf expected.... For us to get 4.76 yes per attempt is pretty good.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I am curious if Ryan Harris will be incorporated in this game, if he falls in sync and how he affect the O play.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Interesting that the Texans would be mentioned as the best OL by anyone, but Shaun O'Hara on Total Access just said the Texans have the #1 offensive line in football through week two.
I just saw the segment you're referencing. Did you pick up on the fact that all five of his "top O-line" picks from the previous week LOST the following week??

Just saying'
Old 09-22-2012   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Just note to include.........although Caldwell has played through all practices and is listed as "probable," it is a little disheartening to see him listed on the Injury List as "ankle" again so soon .
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I am curious if Ryan Harris will be incorporated in this game, if he falls in sync and how he affect the O play.
Was he active in Jville... I don't recall.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read