Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tate is Not Being Overlooked

Came across this Washington Post article giving some good character rep to Tate, both as a player and a person.

Quote:
Development of Tate gives Houston Texans formidable running back tandem
By Associated Press, Published: September 21

HOUSTON — Ben Tate was in a position any rookie would envy.

Drafted by the Houston Texans in the second round in 2010 after a stellar senior season at Auburn, the running back was competing for a starting job.

But almost as quickly as his opportunity came, it was over when a broken right ankle in the first preseason game ended his rookie campaign. Arian Foster emerged to lead the NFL with 1,616 yards rushing, meaning Houston would have a talented backup when Tate returned.

The 24-year-old Tate insists he doesn’t waste time thinking of what might have been.

“This is where I’m supposed to be,” he said. “Maybe I wasn’t ready yet. Maybe I thought I was ready, but maybe I wasn’t. You never know. I just always think things happen for a reason and I just go with the flow and don’t think about it anymore.”

Tate appeared in 15 games last season and finished with 942 yards rushing as a complement to Foster. He had just 6 yards rushing in Houston’s season opener two weeks ago, but stood out against the Jaguars with 74 yards and two scores and along with 23 yards receiving. He was chosen offensive player of the week by the coaching staff.

Foster had 110 yards rushing last week to help the Texans to 2-0 entering Sunday’s game at Denver.

For Tate, instead of lamenting the chance he missed because of his injury, he prefers to focus on the improvements he made, both mentally and physically while rehabilitating from it.
CLICK ON LINK ABOVE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tate is Not Being Overlooked

Foster and Tate are the best one-two RB punch in the NFL. Their two different running styles are perfect for Kubiac's system. We are damn lucky to have the both of them, and I hope like hell they keep him when his contract is up. Our offensive system needs both of them to work properly.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree they're the best 1-2 combo. I would still like to see Forsett come out when we have a big lead and have him get reps. We never know when we're going to need him to step in.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #4
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I agree they're the best 1-2 combo. I would still like to see Forsett come out when we have a big lead and have him get reps. We never know when we're going to need him to step in.
Yeah, I liked the way we play our RB last week. Hope, Forsett continues to get a similar reps this week and future games so that he will be well prepared when we need him.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read