Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the "Bulls On Parade" nickname?
Yes 55 45.08%
No 67 54.92%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012   #61
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

I hate everything about "Bulls on Parade". Damage Inc. nails it.
Old 09-20-2012   #62
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You guys wanna come up with a forced name for the d line or the other position groups or individual players, have at it.

But the defense, and maybe the entire team at this point has embraced bulls on parade.
So Bulls on Parade isn't a forced nickname in itself?

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #63
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont much care for nicknames .... I'd rather call them the Houston Texans.
I prefer the BAMF'in defense myself.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #64
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I prefer the BAMF'in defense myself.
Now THAT I could work with.
Old 09-20-2012   #65
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I prefer The Houston Texans BAMF'in Defense myself.
Fixed.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #66
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

No.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #67
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Fixed.
Garcia.

Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2012   #68
DRP
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respected

Like the song, but not a big fan of the nickname
DRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #69
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Didn't we have this identical thread last year?

The nickname Bulls on Parade is extraordinarily gay. Steeped in gayness. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The tune is killer. The nickname is....

Exactly!
Old 09-20-2012   #70
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

cant believe its got to a point where the board is no longer talking about how terrible our defence is but talking about the nickname our DOMINATE defence has. How the times have changed

aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #71
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's a good riff and I understand the desire to use it as an intro.

But has anyone even bothered to pay attention to the actual message of the song?

It's not very flattering of the military, stock market, U.S. foreign policy, and the manipulation of mainstream media to brainwash citizens.

yeah, that should be a nice song to play when they honor patriotism at the game.

Biggest reason why I don't like it. Screw Rage Against The Machine.

Like I've said for a while, the D should be called "Damage Inc."
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #72
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Biggest reason why I don't like it. Screw Rage Against The Machine.

Like I've said for a while, the D should be called "Damage Inc."
Much better song than Bulls on Parade! Old school Metallica kicks ass.

Old 09-20-2012   #73
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

like the song, meh on the nickname. nearky all nicknames are lame anyway so i dont see why ppl are so anti against it.... esp when it does kinda fit- team mascot is a bull, things are shown off on parades = texans showing off how good they are every week
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #74
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who aren't familiar with the Rage song, the name suggests pageantry, which is only a little less intimidating than an appletini.

Those that are familiar with the song know that Rage are devout Marxists who highly dislike American culture, but they don't care because Rage rocks.

Personally, I think the name is silly because so many fans are older and fit into group A, and the fact that group B is either dismissive or ignorant of the meaning of the song is both ironic and a little embarrassing. Football is a primary staple of mainstream American culture, which Rage believes is a propaganda tool of an evil capitalist system. The song Bullet in the Head comes to mind. Or look inside the sleeve of the Evil Empire album, and see the book with a football player on the front, which is about how atheletics perpetuates male chauvenism or some nonsense.

I do agree that Rage rocks (their tape cassette hardly ever left my player in high school), but their music is a bad fit for representing the Texans. And plus I hate Cadillac Marxists.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #75
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Just think what people were saying about the Purple People Eaters defense when that nickname first came out.....

I wouldn't call it fierce and Intimidating
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
AND it was because of a song that was popular at the time: The One-Eyed Flying Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley. Loved that song when I was 5-6 years old.
Yep, intimidating as can be.

or the even more intimidating animated version.
Old 09-21-2012   #76
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The players seem to have embraced the nickname. Wade likes it. I bought the t-shirt after the playoff game, so I guess I'm OK with it.

Just like you can sometimes choose to be offended, some have chosen to reflect what they perceive as negative connotations with the moniker. In of itself, there's really nothing wrong with "Bull on Parade".
Old 09-21-2012   #77
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Barwin also wears capri pants.
This can't be quoted enough.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #78
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
For those who aren't familiar with the Rage song, the name suggests pageantry, which is only a little less intimidating than an appletini.

Those that are familiar with the song know that Rage are devout Marxists who highly dislike American culture, but they don't care because Rage rocks.

Personally, I think the name is silly because so many fans are older and fit into group A, and the fact that group B is either dismissive or ignorant of the meaning of the song is both ironic and a little embarrassing. Football is a primary staple of mainstream American culture, which Rage believes is a propaganda tool of an evil capitalist system. The song Bullet in the Head comes to mind. Or look inside the sleeve of the Evil Empire album, and see the book with a football player on the front, which is about how atheletics perpetuates male chauvenism or some nonsense.

I do agree that Rage rocks (their tape cassette hardly ever left my player in high school), but their music is a bad fit for representing the Texans. And plus I hate Cadillac Marxists.
Off-topic, but that whole subject irritates me. You don't see me complaining that people don't drool over my hairy legs or buy me diamonds, cars, and hold doors open for me because I have great tatas. Be happy with what you've got, try to make the most of it (and, yeah, if you're a female that can actually kick butt at football without a boatload of male, synthetic hormones, GO FOR IT), and stop griping that you can't be Tom Brady, a dominant nose-guard, Alan Greenspan, and Marilyn Monroe all rolled into one.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #79
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...which is only a little less intimidating than an appletini...
I've been hiding under the bed since I read this.....
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #80
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know, man. Have you ever spent an evening with a woman who's had 10 appletinis? That's some frightening shyte right there!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read