Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-19-2012   #1
sluggo832004
Rookie

Default Texans should go after Greg jennings..

Go get em rick.

Andre opposite greg jennings makes houston a undisputed number 1.
sluggo832004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #2
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans should go after Greg jennings..

Here we go...
Old 09-19-2012   #3
sluggo832004
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Here we go...

You trust the rookies in the playoffs?

Kevin Walter?
Old 09-19-2012   #4
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 111736 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

It appears the patriots may be trying to faze out welker and getting him could be more realistic than acquiring Jennings. But getting either is more of a longshot and unlikely. I'd like either but I doubt a deal would be made.
Old 09-19-2012   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The other problem is that we are not a cap light team. We are projected to be up against the cap again next year, if Im not mistaken. We had to cut two good players this past season because of cap concerns. How would we afford two superstars guys looking for new contracts?
Old 09-19-2012   #6
sluggo832004
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
It appears the patriots may be trying to faze out welker and getting him could be more realistic than acquiring Jennings. But getting either is more of a longshot and unlikely. I'd like either but I doubt a deal would be made.

I forgot about Welker.

Andre, Walter, Welker, Owen Daniels, hmmm.

I would never trade with the patriots. New England always seem to get the better side of all the deals. Its almost like they have madden rules or something.
Old 09-19-2012   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Did I miss something?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't say I wouldn't want him on the team, but his salary is a bit more than we can afford. Sporttrac says he will make 3,885,000 base salary this year, and the Packers would be picking up the rest of his cap hit, which is about 3.4 million. He already played 2 weeks, so they paid him 457k so far this year. The cap hit to the Texans would be about 3.428 million if they traded for him today. Give him a couple more weeks, and it will go down below 3 million, and then it becomes a viable option. Maybe they could send a player in return and save some capspace too. Although I imagine the Packers would only part with Jennings for Ben Tate, or someone of similar value.
Old 09-19-2012   #9
sluggo832004
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Can't say I wouldn't want him on the team, but his salary is a bit more than we can afford. Sporttrac says he will make 3,885,000 base salary this year, and the Packers would be picking up the rest of his cap hit, which is about 3.4 million. He already played 2 weeks, so they paid him 457k so far this year. The cap hit to the Texans would be about 3.428 million if they traded for him today. Give him a couple more weeks, and it will go down below 3 million, and then it becomes a viable option. Maybe they could send a player in return and save some capspace too. Although I imagine the Packers would only part with Jennings for Ben Tate, or someone of similar value.
how about some draft picks and some good brisket???
Old 09-19-2012   #10
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Did I miss something?
Wondering the same thing...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #11
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo832004 View Post
You trust the rookies in the playoffs?

Kevin Walter?
No, but there's this thing in the NFL, they call it a salary cap. I'd rather keep that money and give to someone like Cushing later and wait and see on the young WR's.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #12
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Salary cap aside, having Welker on this team would be amazing considering how we like to control the clock.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Did I miss something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Wondering the same thing...
this...
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read