Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JJ Watt named AFC D Player of the Week

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
For his dominating performance against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Texans defensive end J.J. Watt was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week, according to the Twitter account of NFL Vice President of Communications Michael Signora.

Watt joined Miami running back Reggie Bush and Cincinnati returner Adam “Pacman” Jones, who were named offensive and special teams players of the week.

Watt led the team with five tackles on Sunday. He also had 1.5 sacks, two tackles for loss, three quarterback hits, two passes defensed & a fumble recovery on Sunday.

So far this season Watt has three sacks, which ties him with four other players (including Denver’s Von Miller) for second in the NFL.\
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/09/j-j-watt-named-afc-defensive-player-of-the-week/

He could do nothing for the next two weeks and should be named AFC D Player of the month!

JJ: What????

steve_austin.jpg

JJ 3:16 says "I just sacked your ass!!!"

Looks like he's reading his own press...

“I want to have No. 18 on my sack list,” Watt said. “That’s my goal.”

He was actually very complimentary towards The Forehead but I could live without quotes like that. Nothing good comes from it.

Love ya JJ, but please breathe through your nose next time you want to talk.

Last edited:
Ckw. Vinny and I had a minor spat, and he banned me. All is good now though.

What makes you ask?

Haha!!!! I didn't know who you were but Ckw sounds right! Glad you're still around. Vinny can be grumpy from time to time.

:heart:

Just exactly as gtexan said. I just wanted to know who was who.

Congrats to JJ Watt! More to come from him this year. He could have won week 1 DPOW too.

I think this week's was kind of a make-up for not giving it to him last week. He's been a beast both games, but just due to luck, his normal beast mode was far more impactful in week one. The deflections are always a great play, but they aren't always going to end up as INTs like they did in week one.

i would really like to see him catch the ball more like he did in the playoffs last year but other than that he is playing very well :d:

The Broncos will have a backup RG facing JJ. I have no doubt that they add a TE on him to try to slow down. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dreesen in that position.

7 total tackles, 6 solo - 2.5 sacks - 4 tackles for loss - 3 qb hits. After 3 games I don't know who is playing better football on that side of the ball.

These players were taken ahead of JJ Watt:

Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
A.J Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
Aldon Smith
Jake Locker
Tyron Smith
Blaine Gabbert

Not a single player I'd rather have off that list.

Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
A.J Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
Aldon Smith
Jake Locker
Tyron Smith
Blaine Gabbert

There are some damn good players in that list. I'd be happy with any of those guys in place of JJ if that situation came up except for Locker, Tyron Smith, or Gabbert.

But I'm real ****ing happy with JJ and wouldn't swap him for anything.

Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
A.J Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
Aldon Smith
Jake Locker
Tyron Smith
Blaine Gabbert

Me either, but damn, thats a good draft class. A ton of talent

Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
A.J Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
Aldon Smith
Jake Locker
Tyron Smith
Blaine Gabbert

I don't know, knowing what I know now I wouldn't have been so upset to have Miller, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Jones, or Smith, with Green and Jones in particular looking really good now.

I think JJ Watt already locked up a trip to Hawaii. Oh wait, he won't be there he has to be in NO.

Go SWATT!!!

Go Texans!!!

Back