Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-08-2013   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Richard Sherman gets snarky with Skip Bayless

Quote:
Richard Sherman gets snarky with Skip Bayless, provides a marginal reason to watch ‘First Take’

If you watch ESPN's horrific "debate" program "First Take," (and under normal circumstances, our first question would be, WHY?), you know that its two primary instigators, Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith, are empty, pompous gasbags with no credibility whatsoever. As Smith himself might say at a volume that is impossible to express with sufficient font size, THOSE ARE FACTS.

When Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman went on the show Thursday morning, you had to expect fireworks -- after all, Sherman is himself known for putting himself out there with some inflammatory remarks. The first-team All-Pro is one of the best at his position in the business, but he does rub some people the wrong way by expressing his greatness in some interesting ways. His recent Twitter beef with Darrelle Revis was one of many examples.

Full story
The video is pretty amusing.

I'm seeing Sherman all over the place these days pumping up the media on his greatness. He's definitely entertaining, regardless of what you think of him.
Old 03-08-2013   #2
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Sherman gets snarky with Skip Bayless

I so hope this would be the final nail in the coffin for those two hacks. Drives me insane that this kind of so called sports programming is shaping the views of sports fans in America.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #3
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Eryone loves to watch a trainwreck- FT isn't going anywhere soon....

Sherman schooled him but its not the first time either...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Skip Bayless.....he must rub a lot of lube on a lot of rods at ESPN to still be on the air with them.

Because he is, how do I say this gently, a complete waste of pixels on any screen. He's a zero. Non-factor. He's a sports TMZ person...wait, actually TMZ gets a lot of things right compared to Skip. My bad.

If he's on my TV, I switch it to the Knife Channel. And I fantasize while watching the Knife Channel. About Skip, and knives, and make-believe violence.

Seriously, though. He's a waste. Jesus loves him and all that jazz, but he's a doosh.
Old 03-08-2013   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Cuban did a much better job of plastering Skip and Stephen.
Old 03-08-2013   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Mark Cuban did a much better job of plastering Skip and Stephen.
yeah, but Cuban is not an All-Pro Stanford graduate.

Richard Sherman is not impressed by his billions. Cuban is not even in the top 22 of billionaires.
Old 03-08-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

BlueAllright, I'm now officially a Richard Sherman fan!

Quote:
"I believe my numbers speak for themselves," Sherman told Smith. "My tape speaks for itself. My tape is my resume. That is what I leave it up to. You can say whatever you want. Skip can say whatever he wants. But Skip, whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as 'All-Pro Stanford graduate' because those are some accomplishments you'll never -- you can aspire to, you'll never accomplish."
Sherman was just getting started.
"You have never accomplished anything," he continued, focusing on Bayless. "So, but, um, those things are on my resume, those are what I've done, it's my second year in the NFL going into my third. I mean, you tell me who's wrong."
Bayless: "OK, I'll accept that. I think I've accomplished more in my field than you have in yours, though you're just getting started."
Sherman: "So, I'm at the top of my field. I'm All-Pro. I'm one of the best 22 players in the NFL. You're going to brush it off, but I don't think you're the best 22 anything. In sports, in media, in anything."
Bayless: "That's debatable."
Sherman: "You think more of yourself that you actually can prove."
Bayless: "OK, do you think you are better than Darrelle Revis is right now?"
Sherman: "In my 24 years of life, I'm better at life than you."
Bayless: "OK, all right, that's fair, all right."
Sherman: "Let's get down to brass tacks."
Bayless: "Let's not get personal here. I just want to know --"
Sherman: "It's not personal. It's resume."
Bayless: "Do you think you're better than Darrelle Revis is right now?"
Sherman: "I'm better than you. I have nothing to say about him. That is pretty much done. My numbers speak for themselves."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2013   #8
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually agreed with Skip about Sherman being in a perfect spot. He plays with a great front seven and another solid corner on the other side. I lost my respect for Sherman after today. Sherman made himself look like an idiot and not a Stanford graduate with more worthless trash talking.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read