Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fosters amazing Rise

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
#Texans @ArianFoster is on pace to be 3rd-fastest RB in @nfl history (E James, Dickerson) w/5000 scrimmage yds. Has 4633 in 37 games

#Texans @ArianFoster has more scrimmage yards through 37 games than all of the @nfl's top-10 all-time leaders

Jerry Rice had 3029 scrimmage yards thru 37 games. Emmitt Smith had 3368, Walter Payton 3974. @ArianFoster: 4633 #Texans
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster's amazing Rise

foster is unbelievable. true inspiration!!!

I tweeted him one time saying how his story gave me inspiration to go to university even though everyone said I wouldnt be able to do it..... sure enough he retweeted me saying "go get em"

stand up guy
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #3
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 46887 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
foster is unbelievable. true inspiration!!!

I tweeted him one time saying how his story gave me inspiration to go to university even though everyone said I wouldnt be able to do it..... sure enough he retweeted me saying "go get em"

stand up guy
Cool story man.

I am having trouble understanding the first and third tweets. The first says he is the third fastest, but the last makes it sound like he will be the fastest by number of games to reach 5,000 scrimmage yards.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Cool story man.

I am having trouble understanding the first and third tweets. The first says he is the third fastest, but the last makes it sound like he will be the fastest by number of games to reach 5,000 scrimmage yards.
He is the 3rd fastest in NFL history to get to where he is
Only looking at the all time yards from scrimmage leaders, he's #1

It just means there were others who were faster who disappeared before they became an all time leader
Old 09-22-2012   #5
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Nmm

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Cool story man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
He is the 3rd fastest in NFL history to get to where he is
Only looking at the all time yards from scrimmage leaders, he's #1

It just means there were others who were faster who disappeared before they became an all time leader
Rotoworld explains:

Quote:
Arian Foster: Foster on pace for 3rd fastest to 5000 yds
Arian Foster - RB - HOU - Sep. 22 - 12:47 pm et

Arian Foster is on pace to be the third-fastest RB in NFL history with 5000 yards from scrimmage.
Only Edgerrin James and Eric Dickerson have done it faster. Foster has 4633 yards in 37 games, which is more than all of the NFL's top-ten leaders in yards from scrimmage. Through 37 games, Emmitt Smith had 3368 yards from scrimmage, and Walter Payton had 3974. That's extremely impressive production from Rotoworld's No. 1 ranked RB for Week 3. Sep. 22 - 12:47 pm et
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #7
Nox
Rookie

Cool Re: Fosters amazing Rise

Here's to another 100+yd game for Foster, and plenty of leftovers for Tate.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2012   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fosters amazing Rise

I remember going to training camp a few years ago right after we drafted Tate, and really focused on the running back position. I was asked about Tate from friends, and all I could tell them was "He looked ok, but man Foster looks good. He looks like he's head and shoulders above the others right now."

I had no way of knowing he'd be this good, but you could see in the way he worked that practice that he was comfortable with the system and was decisive hitting the holes. Kubiak is going to have to throttle down his touches some though if he wants to preserve him. History has shown guys with a ton of touches just don't hold up over time. I'd like to see him have a long and successful career as a Texan.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I remember going to training camp a few years ago right after we drafted Tate, and really focused on the running back position. I was asked about Tate from friends, and all I could tell them was "He looked ok, but man Foster looks good. He looks like he's head and shoulders above the others right now."

I had no way of knowing he'd be this good, but you could see in the way he worked that practice that he was comfortable with the system and was decisive hitting the holes. Kubiak is going to have to throttle down his touches some though if he wants to preserve him. History has shown guys with a ton of touches just don't hold up over time. I'd like to see him have a long and successful career as a Texan.
Congrats to Foster on his achievements and I hope too he has a long successful career as a RB in the NFL! But, I'm still concerned about his being a vegan and how this will affect him and his career. Just can't help but think it will shorten it. Sorry for the negativity but I just can't get it out of my mind!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #10
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post

I went plum loco from excitement when we picked up Foster as an UDFA. He was on my radar from Tennessee, and I just had a gut feeling that all the man needed was a second chance. I admit, I was disappointed when he did not miraculously ascend to the starting role after training camp that first year, but this is the NFL not a fairy tale. Besides, his fairly tale came not too long thereafter. Go Foster. Get on with your bad self.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read