Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2012   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Derek Newton-RT vs. Jacksonville

I didn't get to see much of the Jacksonville game, how'd Newton do against the Jaguars? Is he going to be our long term solution at RT or are we looking for one early in next years draft? Thanks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Derek Newton-RT vs. Jacksonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I didn't get to see much of the Jacksonville game, how'd Newton do against the Jaguars? Is he going to be our long term solution at RT or are we looking for one early in next years draft? Thanks.
the whole offensive line was balling out of control.
Old 09-18-2012   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah there wasn't much resistance to what the offense wanted to do. I'd say reserve judgement until a more difficult test comes around.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #4
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Yeah there wasn't much resistance to what the offense wanted to do. I'd say reserve judgement until a more difficult test comes around.
The Dolphins and Jags might be poor teams, but their defenses are not bad. I'd say our O-Line has faced at least a medium amount of talent thus far.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Much bigger test this weekend with Dumervil and Von Miller.
Old 09-18-2012   #6
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Much bigger test this weekend with Dumervil and Von Miller.
Yeah, he's big and strong so I expected him to do well against Jax's bigger ends. If he's able to contain Denver's speed rushers I'll be shocked and impressed. I expect him to struggle some this game, but its part of the learning process. If he performs well then we may have a serious player on our hands.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I was impressed with Newton's pass protection so far. If he keeps Schaub clean after the Denver game, I'll be confident that we have our long term solution at that position.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2012   #8
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He had a few false starts to his name which he needs to erase, but he has help up well once the balls been snapped.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
He had a few false starts to his name which he needs to erase, but he has help up well once the balls been snapped.
Welsh, Newton had one false start against the Jags and none in the first game; that is unless I miss something when I go through the game book just now.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think his technique is pretty sound just needs confidence thru repetition. i see the same thing with KJ this season; seems more confident and cocky.
Old 09-18-2012   #11
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Welsh, Newton had one false start against the Jags and none in the first game; that is unless I miss something when I go through the game book just now.
I stand corrected in that case, thought I remembered 2 in quick succession but must have been wrong.

I really need to get hold of gamepass as I currently only get the rubbish streams of the game which break up all the time as well.

I've recently gone self-employed so have plenty of time to make use of it as well
We will remember them.
Old 09-18-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand corrected in that case, thought I remembered 2 in quick succession but must have been wrong.

I really need to get hold of gamepass as I currently only get the rubbish streams of the game which break up all the time as well.

I've recently gone self-employed so have plenty of time to make use of it as well
I think NFL Game Rewind at $70 is well worth it for a guy who loves football like you, Welsh.

You get to watch all the games from last year as well (including the condensed version and the coaches' film).
Old 09-18-2012   #13
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think NFL Game Rewind at $70 is well worth it for a guy who loves football like you, Welsh.

You get to watch all the games from last year as well (including the condensed version and the coaches' film).
Yeh, I get paid on Friday so will go for it. I think its the first year I've been able to get it overseas, sure I looked into it a year or two ago and I couldn't get it here, but noticed I can now.
We will remember them.
Old 09-18-2012   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
He isn't quite the mauler that Winston was in the running game (I saw him fail to get a few guys on the ground against the Jags), but he still did a good job. However I think he's already a better pass protecter and has much better arm length and hips/feet, which helps him from letting players beat him around the edge (he'll get a much bigger test this weekend though).

All in all he's doing a good job and showed improvement in pass blocking and run blocking from week 1 to week 2. If he can continue to improve on a weekly basis he'll be fine and will be our long term solution.

In other news Duane Brown is still a beast.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeh, I get paid on Friday so will go for it. I think its the first year I've been able to get it overseas, sure I looked into it a year or two ago and I couldn't get it here, but noticed I can now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGslvYmEYyA

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read